BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M2 Loose Rear End?

01-22-2020, 03:47 AM   #23
horan116
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by geddylee View Post
I'm thinking about the m2 for my next daily and have some questions as I haven't driven it, but I have driven the M4.

With all of the nannies on which is how I would drive it, do you constantly have to fight with the rear end? This was the case with the M4 and I hated that about the car as you couldn't put the power down efficiently.

I also find the B58 as the better overall motor than the S55 due to superior sound and fuel economy, it seems like the M cars are mostly over powered now and lack the precision of previous generation M cars.

The question here is does the M2 really strike a perfect balance of power and precision or is it like a little muscle car like the M4?
Get yourself to an M track day and see for yourself how good the M2 really is. The OG M2 sits in the absolute perfect power range and the N55 has been proven to be extremely reliable.

And to be fair the M3 and M4 are also exceptional if you invest the time in learning how to drive. I have never not felt in control of any of these cars even when pushing them to full out hoon.

The M2 can easily throw a rear end out if you want it to, but it can also corner hilariously well when you proved the proper inputs, making it an exceptional drivers car.

As others have said before though... if you have it set in your mind it's not the best don't waste your time. You don't want to regret a purchase.
Appreciate 0