BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Cant get a Euro Delivery allocation?

03-03-2019, 09:32 PM   #1
Sellotape
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C, GLS

Cant get a Euro Delivery allocation?

I’d like to get a Euro delivery on an M2C in the summer and the dealer says they can’t do it because there are no allocations any more. Should I forget about pursuing this?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 02:24 AM   #2
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellotape View Post
I’d like to get a Euro delivery on an M2C in the summer and the dealer says they can’t do it because there are no allocations any more. Should I forget about pursuing this?
shop around if you can find dealers with allocations. you dont have to go only to your local dealer for euro delivery. they can be anywhere in the US. if you want to stick to your dealer ask them to put you on their waiting list for next quarter allocations (april) but looks like your dealer is giving you the run around because they dont make as much money on ED.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 05:23 AM   #3
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
Yea, just call around. There are people on here who have gotten real good deals. Just make sure they don't charge you more than ED MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 02:10 PM   #4
davidk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2018 M2

Keep in mind when your car is delivered back to the US, it will be shipped to the selling dealer after passing through customs and the VPC. The selling dealer is usually more than willing to ship the car to a local dealer, but they charge for that service.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #5
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Plenty of dealers will do ED allocations, mine did. I'll PM you the info.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 02:34 PM   #6
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk View Post
Keep in mind when your car is delivered back to the US, it will be shipped to the selling dealer after passing through customs and the VPC. The selling dealer is usually more than willing to ship the car to a local dealer, but they charge for that service.
Not necessarily, if you have a good relationship with your local dealer they will usually do courtesy delivery for you and have the car shipped to the local dealer for final delivery instead of the selling dealership. No additional cost, both dealers just agree and notify BMW where the car should go.

I'm having that done on my M2C as soon as it clears VPC.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 09:11 AM   #7
Wolkschmeisser
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Cast the Net Wide

I ran into this at first as well. The City dealerships are all booked out and many will not even entertain ED on a high demand car. I got an allocation by calling around to every dealership within 200 miles. I found one that will be ED. I will have to drive 70 miles to go get it when it comes back to the States, but well worth it.

This is the best leverage that the customer has, shopping multiple dealers.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 12:08 PM   #8
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Not necessarily, if you have a good relationship with your local dealer they will usually do courtesy delivery for you and have the car shipped to the local dealer for final delivery instead of the selling dealership. No additional cost, both dealers just agree and notify BMW where the car should go.

I'm having that done on my M2C as soon as it clears VPC.
There is also the possibility of taking delivery at the Performance Center. https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery

This option is less tempting for West Coast owners because of the long drive from South Carolina. The Performance Delivery can be combined with ED and AFAIK it is free.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 08:19 PM   #9
Sellotape
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C, GLS

Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #10
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Sometimes it takes a while. I had to ask around dozens of dealerships up and down the west coast. Keep at it, and you'll find one!

Last edited by nosbocaj; 03-15-2019 at 04:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #11
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosbocaj View Post
I live in Portland, OR. I started out with our two dealers in town. Nope. Then I moved my radius further out to Tacoma, Seattle, Boise, Sac, SF. Still nothing. I finally got a yes at Steve Thomas in Camarillo, CA. They agreed to do it no questions asked, at ED MSRP, and even negotiated a very late pick up at Welt (almost two months past the end of production on the normal M2). The only bummer was having to fly down to LA and drive back up when it arrived, but it was well worth it for the experience and great customer service.

So to echo what everybody else has said, keep trying and you'll find a dealership that will hook you up!
Ask them to do courtesy delivery to your local BMW dealer. It will probably go to the same port and they will just truck it to your dealer in town.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #12
cpxchewy
Monkey
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
I live in Portland, OR. I started out with our two dealers in town. Nope. Then I moved my radius further out to Tacoma, Seattle, Boise, Sac, SF. Still nothing. I finally got a yes at Steve Thomas in Camarillo, CA. They agreed to do it no questions asked, at ED MSRP, and even negotiated a very late pick up at Welt (almost two months past the end of production on the normal M2). The only bummer was having to fly down to LA and drive back up when it arrived, but it was well worth it for the experience and great customer service.

So to echo what everybody else has said, keep trying and you'll find a dealership that will hook you up!
They said no to me last time I called for 2020 M2C ED. They're only doing US deliveries. YMMV i guess?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 03:14 PM   #13
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ask them to do courtesy delivery to your local BMW dealer. It will probably go to the same port and they will just truck it to your dealer in town.
I tried, but my dealerships wouldn't entertain this. I got the impression that they didn't care to deal with me since I didn't buy from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpxchewy View Post
They said no to me last time I called for 2020 M2C ED. They're only doing US deliveries. YMMV i guess?
Interesting, who was your sales adviser?

Last edited by nosbocaj; 03-15-2019 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 04:24 PM   #14
cpxchewy
Monkey
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Yeah, I tried that. Neither of my local dealerships would do it without some serious $. It was cheaper to fly down and drive up. Keep in mind these were the same two dealerships that laughed in my face when I asked about ED or wanted to charge me a $5k premium.

Hmm, weird. Maybe they don't have to allocation to support it. Who was your CA?
I don't remember anymore, but they had 2 allocation slots left at the time.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 02:51 PM   #15
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I tried that. Neither of my local dealerships would do it without some serious $. It was cheaper to fly down and drive up. Keep in mind these were the same two dealerships that laughed in my face when I asked about ED or wanted to charge me a $5k premium.

Hmm, weird. Maybe they don't have to allocation to support it. Who was your CA?
They sound like dicks. It doesn’t cost them anything and they get to bill some hours to do it. Remind them you’ll be taking your service and maintenance elsewhere
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 03:10 PM   #16
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
They sound like dicks. It doesn’t cost them anything and they get to bill some hours to do it. Remind them you’ll be taking your service and maintenance elsewhere
My CA told me that they don't make as much on them, especially at ED MSRP, so smaller dealerships are less likely to want to go through the trouble, even if they can. Also, because they M2 apparently has lower prod. numbers, the allocations are rare, so dealerships choose to instead use their few slots on cars sold at the dealership. I had no trouble getting an allocation for ED on an M3 at any of my local dealerships, so I'm inclined to believe that ED is just slightly harder for an M2.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #17
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
My CA told me that they don't make as much on them, especially at ED MSRP, so smaller dealerships are less likely to want to go through the trouble, even if they can. Also, because they M2 apparently has lower prod. numbers, the allocations are rare, so dealerships choose to instead use their few slots on cars sold at the dealership. I had no trouble getting an allocation for ED on an M3 at any of my local dealerships, so I'm inclined to believe that ED is just slightly harder for an M2.
Well the dealer I bought from has 2 available ED allocations now in TX. If you can get them to do a courtesy delivery to a dealer closer to your home that would be a way to go.
Appreciate 1
nosbocaj677.00
      03-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #18
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well the dealer I bought from has 2 available ED allocations now in TX. If you can get them to do a courtesy delivery to a dealer closer to your home that would be a way to go.
I already did ED, I was just relaying my experiences.

Sellotape Sounds like TX could help you out!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #19
NOS4A2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

Long time lurker here. I just got done with putting a deposit with a nearby dealer for a Euro Delivered M2 CS (Late-ish July fingers crossed).

I can also send you details on my dealer if you need it PM me.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 12:36 AM   #20
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS4A2 View Post
Long time lurker here. I just got done with putting a deposit with a nearby dealer for a Euro Delivered M2 CS (Late-ish July fingers crossed).

I can also send you details on my dealer if you need it PM me.
Looks like highly likely it will be produced by July right? . My m2c is scheduled to be produced end of June
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 08:52 AM   #21
NOS4A2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku7 View Post
Looks like highly likely it will be produced by July right? . My m2c is scheduled to be produced end of June
That's how it appeared to me but I'm fresh to the process so i'm baby stepping along with the stuff I've read here (so i went in filled out ppwk and put a deposit). The dealer experience was great no pushback or anything, they basically asked what date I had in mind and warned me that BMW could come back with a list of dates if my choice didn't work out.

I think my next step is eventually getting some sort of build/tracking number that I can reference.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #22
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS4A2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku7 View Post
That's how it appeared to me but I'm fresh to the process so i'm baby stepping along with the stuff I've read here (so i went in filled out ppwk and put a deposit). The dealer experience was great no pushback or anything, they basically asked what date I had in mind and warned me that BMW could come back with a list of dates if my choice didn't work out.

I think my next step is eventually getting some sort of build/tracking number that I can reference.
Do u mean m2c or m2cs. The m2cs has no release date yet. What if it's April 2021
Appreciate 0