BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Tentative EU Delivery Route - Improvements?

05-02-2019, 12:26 PM   #23
Whiteywhiteboy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
There is a very special way to get to Neuschwanstein from the Fussen area. Go a short distance to Pinswang to the Gutshof zum Schluxen. (https://www.booking.com/hotel/at/gas...-schluxen.html)
You can stay there or just park in the lot. There is a path from there that goes through the woods, comes at at Hohenschwangau Castle, the "parent" castle of Neuschwanstein. Tour there then a carriage up the hill to the other castle. About a 90 minute walk each way. Absolutely beautiful. I have done it twice and will do it again this year on my ED. Happy to give you more info.

And I agree on the Beaune area. Great wines and great scenery.

Whitey - I have been to Munich several times and the Platzl is my favorite. A bit more expensive, but well worth it.

Bill
Finz, thank you for sharing your secret path! My girlfriend and I love hikes/walks, so this will definitely be something we do.

Regarding Munich accommodations, we have have already booked the Hilton as other folks on the forum have said it's the best bang for the buck. Not only that, but it was one of the cheapest, has more included benefits, and most of the other hotels were booked for a Backstreet Boys concert during that period!
Appreciate 0