BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > ED questions for recent ED owners

09-24-2017, 03:08 PM   #1
bedensbrook
Grand Air Marshall
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB 6sp ED 10/7/17

ED questions for recent ED owners

Excited that my 2nd ED is less than 2 weeks from now!

When I did ED 3 years ago to pick up a 435, 2 safety vests and a first aid kit were given to me at the Welt. Is that still the case?

Also, cars were not being delivered to the US with the trunk-mounted warning triangle...if you wanted to keep that European-spec souvenir, you needed to unlatch and remove it, unscrew the two plastic clamps with a philips head and bring them all home in your luggage before dropping off the car for delivery back to the US. Are M2s now being delivered stateside with the safety triangle?

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. - I got ED MSRP at a local dealership after they found me an allocation within a few days of my walking in, not leaving a deposit, and not being a prior customer. Very pleased with that experience!
      09-24-2017, 07:12 PM   #2
Space gray
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX 50

Garage List
2022 BMW iX50  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedensbrook View Post
Excited that my 2nd ED is less than 2 weeks from now!

When I did ED 3 years ago to pick up a 435, 2 safety vests and a first aid kit were given to me at the Welt. Is that still the case?

Also, cars were not being delivered to the US with the trunk-mounted warning triangle...if you wanted to keep that European-spec souvenir, you needed to unlatch and remove it, unscrew the two plastic clamps with a philips head and bring them all home in your luggage before dropping off the car for delivery back to the US. Are M2s now being delivered stateside with the safety triangle?

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. - I got ED MSRP at a local dealership after they found me an allocation within a few days of my walking in, not leaving a deposit, and not being a prior customer. Very pleased with that experience!
I got 2 vests and a keychain. I took the triangle and first aid kit.
I left the clamps and they made it back.
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2017, 07:45 PM   #3
bedensbrook
Grand Air Marshall
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space gray View Post
Sweet...thanks!
      09-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #4
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
I also left the clamps in my 2016 m235i ED - and they made it back. I recently removed them - and they are mounted with torx bolts, not philips head.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 10:24 PM   #5
cornercase
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI M2

Anything else to take out of the car before you drop it off after ED? So far I have First Aid Kit and Hazard Triangle. Doesn't it come with the stickers, etc.? Also, how do you "guarantee" that no holes are drilled into the front number for a license plate mounting kit? (After ED, my M2 is being sent to PCD.)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 10:28 PM   #6
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornercase View Post
Anything else to take out of the car before you drop it off after ED? So far I have First Aid Kit and Hazard Triangle. Doesn't it come with the stickers, etc.? Also, how do you "guarantee" that no holes are drilled into the front number for a license plate mounting kit? (After ED, my M2 is being sent to PCD.)
Memory stick that has the Euro nav maps on it (assuming they still do that - they did on my 2016 m235). Not critical - but it's a perfectly good memory stick that looks like a mini BMW key.
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2017, 10:32 PM   #7
bedensbrook
Grand Air Marshall
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclyde View Post
I also left the clamps in my 2016 m235i ED - and they made it back. I recently removed them - and they are mounted with torx bolts, not philips head.
Interesting. I had checked the screws earlier today...mine are definitely philips head.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 10:39 PM   #8
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep
Drives: GTI | 982 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclyde View Post
Quote:
I took mine home. They were mounted with torx not Phillips head. Fortunately, I had a small kit with the correct interchangeable bits/heads.

FWIW, I also took both front and rear plate brackets to prevent drilling on redelivery.

Car came with two vests and keychain (obtained at giftshop)
      09-24-2017, 10:43 PM   #9
bedensbrook
Grand Air Marshall
Rep

Quote:
They will leave stickers on. And they will ask you at PCD before doing any drilling. But to be sure, let them know when you check in the morning of PCD.

I brought a screw-in bracket with me to PCD for my front plate. I just asked them to remove the tow hook cover.
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2017, 09:42 AM   #10
longbeachbluem2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '76 2002 / '17 F87 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
1976 BMW 2002  [0.00]
2004 Audi Allroad  [0.00]
Quote:
I took the manual, vests, cargo net, front license plate mount (which ended up in the Munich airport trash can ), and the warning triangle (but left the mounts which made it back). I also printed out three copies of this notice saying to leave plates and vignettes (which they did). Congrats on the car and great choice on PCD too! They will ask you when you get there if you want a front plate, but won't drill the car unless told to do so.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW Euro Delivery Plate Notice.pdf (14.3 KB, 93 views)
      09-26-2017, 05:00 PM   #11
bedensbrook
Grand Air Marshall
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbeachbluem2 View Post
I took the manual, vests, cargo net, front license plate mount (which ended up in the Munich airport trash can ), and the warning triangle (but left the mounts which made it back). I also printed out three copies of this notice saying to leave plates and vignettes (which they did). Congrats on the car and great choice on PCD too! They will ask you when you get there if you want a front plate, but won't drill the car unless told to do so.
Nice notice...printing out a few now.
Appreciate 0