BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > plenty of M2's on cars.com

09-23-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

plenty of M2's on cars.com

I checked cars.com again and this is what I found
  1. 2016 18 used
  2. 2017 47 used and new, 19 new, 28 used
  3. 2018 42 new, 2 with sunroofs
If you search within a radius your willing to drive or even ship the car, people with long wait times maybe able to pick a car up below MSRP if they are for sale on cars.com. I have seen several 2017's sitting on the lots for a while.

If you want to see what options are, either
  1. call the dealer
  2. go to http://bimmer.work
  3. go to http://bmwvin.com
VIN's are supplied when you look at the details on the car, alot are MSRP, some are more than if you put every option on the car but I noticed a couple with M Performance parts on them could be one reason they are above max MSRP. The car close to you could already be optioned like you want, never know until you look.

Just thought I would pass along, next allocatons do not come out until December, dealer gets allocations (really a production number you can call bmwgenuis hotline to check, my bmw on bmwusa.com or call the dealer)

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #2
SM2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S6 | 2017 BMW M2 | 2

Usually the m2s with m performance parts run between 60-65k. But dang seems like a lot of m2s for sale.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 10:38 PM   #3
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Of the 19 shown within 500 miles of me, at least 4 aren't really available. So, I'd take those listings with a grain of salt.

There are 4 new 2018s listed at Chapman BMW. All of them are really customer orders & are sold... once they actually arrive. My experience has been that listings without actual photos are cars that aren't really available.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 10:54 PM   #4
AngryBaby
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Works

Has been discussed multiple times. Many (previously ALL) of the new M2s on Cars.com are already sold.

Maybe that's changed recently, otherwise nothing to see here.
Appreciate 1
Spa2k1194.00
      09-24-2017, 05:46 AM   #5
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
Of the 19 shown within 500 miles of me, at least 4 aren't really available. So, I'd take those listings with a grain of salt.

There are 4 new 2018s listed at Chapman BMW. All of them are really customer orders & are sold... once they actually arrive. My experience has been that listings without actual photos are cars that aren't really available.
Why would a dealership go to the trouble of listing them if they are sold with waiting list so long. My dealership has 10+. Do you think that many people backed out because to list them, they would only be on cars.com for a couple days until the person who ordered it, picked it up.

I will look look for the previous post about this, I was just trying to help

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 12:28 PM   #6
hassr
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by damills View Post
Why would a dealership go to the trouble of listing them if they are sold with waiting list so long.
My guess is their computer inventory control system takes care of this for them. The M2s in question haven’t been officially sold until the customer receives the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
lax01
Major
Rep

Quote:
[I]Why would a dealership go to the trouble of listing them if they are sold with waiting list so long]
Per the dealerships I talked to, its an automated process of posting new (and already sold) inventory to Cars.com/AT/etc. They also don't have a good process to take them down quickly if they are already sold...
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #8
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Why would a dealership go to the trouble of listing them if they are sold with waiting list so long. My dealership has 10+. Do you think that many people backed out because to list them, they would only be on cars.com for a couple days until the person who ordered it, picked it up.

I will look look for the previous post about this, I was just trying to help

No harm, appreciate your post. It may help someone.

As others have noted, it's an automated process so really no trouble for the dealership.

I know for sure about the 4 I commented on because I talked to the dealership in question. All customer orders, all sold... unless buyer backs out once the car arrives. Having no actual photo is the clue. If the car was really on the lot why wouldn't you take a photo?

They do it because it generates interest. The M2 has high demand & low supply. Someone calls or stops by to investigate & that's a sales opportunity that didn't previously exist.
That's how I got my allocation. Emailed dealership about one of those cars & they were able to get me an allocation the next day.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 12:35 PM   #9
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Yes, the same uninformed misinformation posted again.
+1 to the other posts above, the websites automatically post incoming deliveries, typically pre sold. Check the used listings and you'll see that most are still over sticker.
Appreciate 0