BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Dinan Muffler/Resonator Delete install issue

03-28-2020, 12:57 AM   #1
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

Dinan Muffler/Resonator Delete install issue

Hello all with Dinan muffler and resonator delete. I'm have trouble with the Dinan provided clamps.

I cannot for the life of close the clamps from the pipe and muffler. The clamps appear too small. Anyone had this issue? (image attached)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 09:50 PM   #2
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by starvmarv View Post
Hello all with Dinan muffler and resonator delete. I'm have trouble with the Dinan provided clamps.

I cannot for the life of close the clamps from the pipe and muffler. The clamps appear too small. Anyone had this issue? (image attached)
Did you try squeezing the clamp by hand and threading the bolt at the same time??
      03-30-2020, 06:22 AM   #3
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4345 View Post
Did you try squeezing the clamp by hand and threading the bolt at the same time??
I did, I even tried squeezing it in a vice-grip off the car (Muffler and Res Delete). I got tired of trying and bought similar style clamps I found at my local auto parts store and worked perfect. No leaks, really tight, perfect fit.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 06:33 AM   #4
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by starvmarv View Post
Quote:
I did, I even tried squeezing it in a vice-grip off the car (Muffler and Res Delete). I got tired of trying and bought similar style clamps I found at my local auto parts store and worked perfect. No leaks, really tight, perfect fit.
That bites.

I've always used band clamps and had a lot of success with them.

Glad you got it worked out.
      03-30-2020, 06:51 AM   #5
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That bites.

I've always used band clamps and had a lot of success with them.

Glad you got it worked out.
Yea, it was so odd it being from Dinan. They were maybe a quarter of an inch too small. I've seen videos and pictures of Dinan full install, and the clamps I saw had that screw all the way through; there was no way I was able to do that with the provided clamps in the sealed bag.

Probably a bad batch of clamps or something. I emailed Dinan but I didn't really want to wait until they answered. Clamps are cheap anyways.

Using my Motoycycle lift (and jack stands res-delete pipe) made things real easy for removal and install.

After install, I sort of see what people were talking about of the exhaust hanging low, but it doesn't bother me. And really only able to tell if looking at it low and close (especially if comparing next to another M2 with a different\OEM exhaust)

**Tips look green\white due to pollen overtaking my city

Appreciate 0