BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > do88 cooling products...any reviews?

07-02-2019, 11:51 PM   #23
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Build quality has been excellent.

I have replaced all the coolers on my track E92 M3 with do88 coolers. When I started tracking I quickly started overheating the DCT with the car still stock & on street tires. I went ahead and replaced all the coolers at that time figuring it would be needed anyways in the Texas heat. The DCT has performed flawless since even though I am pushing much faster & on much stickier tires now so the do88 cooler has definitely done the job there.

I cannot directly compare before & after on the rest of the coolers since I didn't have engine temp issues before replacing the coolers. I can say that I have been happy with the temps of the car as it has progressed to its current state. This platform can have issues with heat when pushed pretty hard but until now the temps have been in check. We've gotten to the point now where we have outrun the stock cooling setup even with the better drop in coolers. Going to have to start getting a little creative now to keep temps where we want them for extended runs.

F87 specific - I'm having the do88 engine oil cooler, radiator, remote radiator, and intercooler installed this week. Also went ahead and got their pressure pipe & turbo outlet hose. This will be in addition to a bootmod3 tune and fabspeed downpipe. I'm then going to go out to COTA Saturday and Sunday and flog the crap out of the car. Will give my impressions after this weekend.
Looking forward to seeing install pictures
      07-03-2019, 05:21 AM   #24
HardanM2qa
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by widetyres View Post
Thanks for posting your views - I am tempted by the do88 stuff and have had some exchanges with them - they are super helpful and know a lot of detail about their products.

Are you running stock, or tuned? If stock, do you find any noticeable lag from this IC? Do88 reckoned that there shouldn't be any lag introduced, due the flow characteristics, but I am a little concerned about the large volume increase (123%) compared to stock (e.g. more volume to pressurise, hence potentially more lag). Please can you share your experience?

Cheers.
The only modification that I have is Akrapovic exhaust system (stock downpipe and tune), the car response improved and I don't feel any lag with the car.

I also have a m performance steering wheel that shows oil and water temperature. before installing do88 the water temperature (street driving only) will range between 100c to 110+, with the FMIC/CP/TP it ranges between 80c to 90c.
Appreciate 1
widetyres279.00
      07-03-2019, 05:24 AM   #25
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardanM2qa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by widetyres View Post
Thanks for posting your views - I am tempted by the do88 stuff and have had some exchanges with them - they are super helpful and know a lot of detail about their products.

Are you running stock, or tuned? If stock, do you find any noticeable lag from this IC? Do88 reckoned that there shouldn't be any lag introduced, due the flow characteristics, but I am a little concerned about the large volume increase (123%) compared to stock (e.g. more volume to pressurise, hence potentially more lag). Please can you share your experience?

Cheers.
The only modification that I have is Akrapovic exhaust system (stock downpipe and tune), the car response improved and I don't feel any lag with the car.

I also have a m performance steering wheel that shows oil and water temperature. before installing do88 the water temperature (street driving only) will range between 100c to 110+, with the FMIC/CP/TP it ranges between 80c to 90c.
That's great news - I'll be ordering one shortly! :-)

Thanks.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #26
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep

Any updates here?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 10:06 AM   #27
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Garage List
I installed the do88 IC today together with my friend who has loads of experience while having been a teacher at a mechanic school for most of his working life. I have like very close to zero skills and experience in this area so I sort of rely on him doing my mechanical work

Anyways, the IC looks great and oozes quality in my opinion. I had a Forge chargepipe and Boodmod3 Stage 1 installed last year and have noticed the degradation of performance on hot days so was looking forward to this install.

We had loads of problems getting the tube on the turbo pipe side to come loose. Even though it was clearly unclipped it hang on to the stock IC like Trump to power (too soon? ) Suddenly, after about three hours of putting lube, twisting, turning and pulling it suddenly came loose. Had it not been for this it would've been about a 1-2 hours install at moderate speed. We also had to cut away the plastic air guide to be able to squeeze in the new IC but this was not a big problem after having realized it had to be done..

I didn't really get a chance to push the car on my drive home but I felt nothing negative for sure and knowing that my car will get the cooler air is a comfort. The car also looks better from the front with the dark IC.

I don't doubt that this is a quality product even though I'm not the best suited guy to do an actual review about any noticeable change in performance.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 04:16 PM   #28
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep

Posted my terrible logs just now. But I have do88 FMIC in case IATs are of interest.

Thanks

Three hours on that one connection wow you guys must have been swearing like sailors I know I would have been!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 08:55 AM   #29
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep

These intercooler installs are not as easy as people seem to make them out to be. I wrestled a 5” intercooler for hours and couldn’t get it squeezed in between the additional front brace the M2 has that other N55 cars do not. It’s not a job I’d recommend doing on jack stands or ramps, and if you’re doing it at home, removing the bumper might be your best bet.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2021, 08:48 AM   #30
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
Posted my terrible logs just now. But I have do88 FMIC in case IATs are of interest.

Thanks

Three hours on that one connection wow you guys must have been swearing like sailors I know I would have been!
I was ready to call the quits but my more experienced friend said that it would come of sooner or later, in one way or another. It just felt so "unfair" when a youtube video showed a guys just easily taking the original IC out like it was nothing to it...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 01:43 AM   #31
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

I ran my car around Silverstone last week (it's fitted with a do88 intercooler).

I was running bm3 stage 2 91 map, but with 93 fuel. The car was mega - very quick and revved freely upto 7k all day long!

I didn't get a log unfortunately (as my bm3 WiFi adapter wasn't playing game) but the do88 clearly did its job well to enable the engine to pull and rev as it did. Engine temp stayed central on the dash layout.
Appreciate 0