BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Remus Exhaust + Fabspeed Sport Cat Review

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-02-2018, 02:46 PM   #45
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
11766
Rep
127,557
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosbocaj View Post
Great thread! Your other thread really sold me on the Fabspeed Sport Cat and Dinan resonator delete. I was thinking about Dinan's exhaust, but I've heard the tips hang low, so I think Remus is now my first choice. Thanks for all of the videos!
REMUS is my first choice as well
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 02:49 PM   #46
nioh_lbbm2
Major
nioh_lbbm2's Avatar
796
Rep
1,199
Posts

Drives: '18 M2 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosbocaj View Post
Great thread! Your other thread really sold me on the Fabspeed Sport Cat and Dinan resonator delete. I was thinking about Dinan's exhaust, but I've heard the tips hang low, so I think Remus is now my first choice. Thanks for all of the videos!
REMUS is my first choice as well
+1 for me as well!

Plus Dinan tips look really cheap for an M
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 10:40 AM   #47
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
7247
Rep
3,091
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 | 2015 328dx
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
1 Year Update:

So I've had this set up for a little over a year now. The car was up on a lift recently so I took a peek to see how everything was holding up and there was no rust or any problems with clamps coming loose or exhaust tip movement. Everything still looks and sounds perfect (just like the day we put it on), and I am still am very much in love with the noises my car makes. I keep the car in sport+, have the valves forced open and drive with the windows down 99% of the time. The snaps, crackles and pops just never get old
Appreciate 1
bmwm2nyc232.50

      11-08-2018, 07:43 AM   #48
atlas
Second Lieutenant
Australia
87
Rep
257
Posts

Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Do you have any non tunnel drive by videos?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #49
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
7247
Rep
3,091
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 | 2015 328dx
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Do you have any non tunnel drive by videos?
I do not but I can try to make one once I find a little free time. Maybe next week.

Do you have a personal preference what you wanna hear? Speed? Gear? Driving mode? Valve position?

I was thinking 2-3rd/40mph/valve open/sport+

(I live in a residential suburb so going 60+ isn't really an option)
Appreciate 1
bmwm2nyc232.50

      11-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #50
atlas
Second Lieutenant
Australia
87
Rep
257
Posts

Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Was thinking full acceleration, perhaps from standstill?
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2018, 08:09 PM   #51
QM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
169
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 / Ducati Monster 1200S
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Do you have any non tunnel drive by videos?
I do not but I can try to make one once I find a little free time. Maybe next week.

Do you have a personal preference what you wanna hear? Speed? Gear? Driving mode? Valve position?

I was thinking 2-3rd/40mph/valve open/sport+

(I live in a residential suburb so going 60+ isn't really an option)
Would you mind doing one from inside the car with windows closed as well? I'm curious how it sounds inside the car during the winter months when you can't open the windows. I have the Fabspeed dp and typically drive in sport + with stock exhaust. Appreciate it.
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #52
Leonidm2
Private
40
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: bmwm2
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ukraine

iTrader: (0)


Hi, this is my car, I have 200 cell downpipe , and Remus exhaust. Maybe this video help))
Appreciate 5
QM168.50
D CHOI539.50
bmwm2nyc232.50

      11-12-2018, 09:25 AM   #53
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
11766
Rep
127,557
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidm2 View Post

Hi, this is my car, I have 200 cell downpipe , and Remus exhaust. Maybe this video help))
Nice
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 05:14 PM   #54
TheAMackAttack
Private
United_States
30
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Salt Lake City

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys - really seriously considering picking up the Remus exhaust from one of the forum sponsors. Have a few questions that I was hoping could be answered by anyone who currently has the Remus system on their cars:

1. Is the cabin quiet enough during normal cruising to take phone calls over the car's bluetooth? Some in-cabin videos of the exhaust make it seem loud during standard driving in comfort mode, whereas others don't.

2. Does the Remus system require any additional wiring/electrical to get the exhaust valves going? System seems to have 2 near the mufflers and I've seen some people talk about getting additional electrical components to hook these up and others say that the valves function same as stock?

3. Has anyone installed this them self?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #55
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
11766
Rep
127,557
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAMackAttack View Post
Hey guys - really seriously considering picking up the Remus exhaust from one of the forum sponsors. Have a few questions that I was hoping could be answered by anyone who currently has the Remus system on their cars:

1. Is the cabin quiet enough during normal cruising to take phone calls over the car's bluetooth? Some in-cabin videos of the exhaust make it seem loud during standard driving in comfort mode, whereas others don't.

2. Does the Remus system require any additional wiring/electrical to get the exhaust valves going? System seems to have 2 near the mufflers and I've seen some people talk about getting additional electrical components to hook these up and others say that the valves function same as stock?

3. Has anyone installed this them self?
1- yes the cabin is still quiet

2- no additional wiring needed. REMUS reuses stock valves, all you have to do is disconnect valve from stock exhaust and connect them to REMUS

3- Although we always require professional install, this exhaust's install is very easy. If you are comfortable working under the car you will get it done in an hour or so
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #56
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
7247
Rep
3,091
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 | 2015 328dx
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAMackAttack View Post
1. Is the cabin quiet enough during normal cruising to take phone calls over the car's bluetooth? Some in-cabin videos of the exhaust make it seem loud during standard driving in comfort mode, whereas others don't.
If it's just the exhaust you're getting than 100% yes, no problem. If you're combining it with an aftermarket cat then I'd suggest rolling your windows up closing your valves and put the car in comfort to get it as quiet as possible for a phone call. It's totally doable though, I wouldn't be concerned. It's really not THAT loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAMackAttack View Post
2. Does the Remus system require any additional wiring/electrical to get the exhaust valves going? System seems to have 2 near the mufflers and I've seen some people talk about getting additional electrical components to hook these up and others say that the valves function same as stock?
No it uses the OEM system and will work the same as the stock exhaust/valve. The aftermarket valve controller I use is optional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAMackAttack View Post
3. Has anyone installed this them self?
I didn't do the install myself so no, can't help you there.
Appreciate 1
bmwm2nyc232.50

      11-15-2018, 05:50 PM   #57
x7289155
Private First Class
77
Rep
169
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: CALIFORNIA

iTrader: (0)

i'm not sure i like that constant backfire...

is that always there?
__________________
2018 M2 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #58
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
7247
Rep
3,091
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 | 2015 328dx
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x7289155 View Post
i'm not sure i like that constant backfire...

is that always there?
Only happens in sport and sport plus when you floor it with valves open and let go of the throttle in the 4000-5000rpm range. It doesn't just constantly happen. I just constantly force the car to do it because I'm an immature child when i'm behind the wheel of this thing
Appreciate 4
Altra182.50
D CHOI539.50
bmwm2nyc232.50

      11-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #59
x7289155
Private First Class
77
Rep
169
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: CALIFORNIA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Only happens in sport and sport plus when you floor it with valves open and let go of the throttle in the 4000-5000rpm range. It doesn't just constantly happen. I just constantly force the car to do it because I'm an immature child when i'm behind the wheel of this thing
the exhaust sounds great but the backfire makes it ghetto
__________________
2018 M2 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 11:32 AM   #60
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
7247
Rep
3,091
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 | 2015 328dx
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x7289155 View Post

the exhaust sounds great but the backfire makes it ghetto
To each their own 🤷🏻
Appreciate 1
bmwm2nyc232.50

      01-07-2019, 07:23 PM   #61
DMM2
New Member
DMM2's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: '17 M2 (LBB, MT), '18 330i F31
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Victoria, B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Dyno?

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Andrewc89's awesome research and write up, I also went with this setup for my M2. I also absolutely love the sound (although I'm not sure my neighbours love the cold start &#128513

Anyhow, I was just curious to know if any of you with this set up (Fabspeed sport Cat + Remus catback exhaust and no other engine mods) have had your car dyno'd? If I remember correctly Remus claims +9 HP and Fabspeed +21 HP. I'm curious to know what the real-world gains are.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 07:25 PM   #62
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
11766
Rep
127,557
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMM2 View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks to Andrewc89's awesome research and write up, I also went with this setup for my M2. I also absolutely love the sound (although I'm not sure my neighbours love the cold start &#128513

Anyhow, I was just curious to know if any of you with this set up (Fabspeed sport Cat + Remus catback exhaust and no other engine mods) have had your car dyno'd? If I remember correctly Remus claims +9 HP and Fabspeed +21 HP. I'm curious to know what the real-world gains are.

Cheers!
Glad to hear you are happy with this setup
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #63
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
7247
Rep
3,091
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 | 2015 328dx
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMM2 View Post
I'm curious to know what the real-world gains are.
I myself have never done a dyno but I know that a stock N55 M2 normally puts down ~335whp and ~370wtq

There's a dyno here:


That was taken by another forum member after installing the fabspeed sport cat and mufflerbypass (without a tune or anyother mods) that shows his car putting down a max of 358whp/407wtq. I would assume that our gains would be about the same and we are probably hovering around the 360whp/410wtq area. That's just my best guess though.
Appreciate 1
bmwm2nyc232.50

      01-07-2019, 11:00 PM   #64
DMM2
New Member
DMM2's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: '17 M2 (LBB, MT), '18 330i F31
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Victoria, B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for posting that

It's nice to see numbers that confirm what the butt dyno is saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
I myself have never done a dyno but I know that a stock N55 M2 normally puts down ~335whp and ~370wtq

There's a dyno here:


That was taken by another forum member after installing the fabspeed sport cat and mufflerbypass (without a tune or anyother mods) that shows his car putting down a max of 358whp/407wtq. I would assume that our gains would be about the same and we are probably hovering around the 360whp/410wtq area. That's just my best guess though.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #65
C0YS
Private First Class
C0YS's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI LBB 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Can someone explain the need for the $200 controller if the Remus exhaust plugs into the stock system?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #66
QM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
169
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 / Ducati Monster 1200S
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0YS View Post
Can someone explain the need for the $200 controller if the Remus exhaust plugs into the stock system?
There is no need for it per se. You can just continue using the drive modes and the valve behavior will change accordingly as before the Remus install. That's what I do. Having the controller, as I understand it, simply allows you to decouple valve behavior from the drive modes. So, you can have the valves open even in comfort mode or closed in Sport +.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST