BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > M2C Front Bumper on 18'LCI

03-02-2020, 02:25 AM   #1
mcyumi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m2

M2C Front Bumper on 18'LCI

Hi, Guys I know there are threads regarding retrofitting the M2C front bumper on the OG M2.

However, I can't find any details if I need to change the air ducts as well.

Because according to my local BMW parts supplier, the air ducts need to be changed as well due to the M2C bumper is much more angular. Not mentioning the foam absorber, bottom under shield and the additional brake air ducts.

Anyone which has done the conversion can you please advised?

Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
HODLM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2/AW/6MT; '16 X5 Hybrid

Reach out to IND and see if they are able to answer your questions:

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...r-retrofit-kit
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #3
chip_dip19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Use realoem to compare part numbers between the 2. Just from a quick glance the foam shock absorber and the air ducts are different. You may be able to just cut the OG m2 air ducts to make it fit on the M2C bumper.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_8574

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_8574
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 06:18 PM   #4
mcyumi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HODLM View Post
Reach out to IND and see if they are able to answer your questions:

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...r-retrofit-kit
Thanks, in fact, I reached out to IND and I did not get a reply.

Because on their retrofit kit they did not include any air ducts. Does anyone know how the M2 Competition ducts look like in actual picture?

[QUOTE]Use realoem to compare part numbers between the 2. Just from a quick glance the foam shock absorber and the air ducts are different. You may be able to just cut the OG m2 air ducts to make it fit on the M2C bumper.

Yeap definitely the air ducts, foam absorber, and the under the shield are different.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 05:02 AM   #5
MikeF87LCI
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
Looking to do the bumper retrofit my self soon...has anyone figured out what parts are required to make the brake cooling ducts useable?
Or have people just omitted them from the install?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 11:51 AM   #6
Rumbloki
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Faster than most

Another source.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005001...56956b0f0H8kFj
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 10:03 PM   #7
sublimey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF87LCI View Post
Looking to do the bumper retrofit my self soon...has anyone figured out what parts are required to make the brake cooling ducts useable?
Quote:
Did you get it done in the end?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 04:00 AM   #8
MikeF87LCI
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimey View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Did you get it done in the end?
Hi, yes managed to get it done a couple months back
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
chris7197273.00
Rick4345469.50
      07-05-2021, 12:55 AM   #9
ejc
@ejc
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Where did you order the parts from? And how difficult was it? Im looking to do it myself
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 02:31 AM   #10
MikeF87LCI
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejc View Post
Where did you order the parts from? And how difficult was it? Im looking to do it myself
The bumper skin itself was from breaker on eBay, the other parts were new from bmw.

I'll see if I still have a parts list
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 04:29 AM   #11
sublimey
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The bumper skin itself was from breaker on eBay, the other parts were new from bmw.

Quote:
Quote:

Yes that'll be great! Hope to get the parts lost just to be sure I'm ordering the right parts
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 04:51 AM   #12
MikeF87LCI
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Yes that'll be great! Hope to get the parts lost just to be sure I'm ordering the right parts
So this is this list I have, bear in mind mines a UK car so there will be regional differences.

I didn't use genuine parking sensors as they are purely cosmetic and non functional (for now at least)

But you could probably source a non pdc bumper if that's your preference.

Arch liners, I've currently re-used my original ones. They fit and do the job, although not 100% perfect. But I believe the M2c liners offer less clearance than OG ones.

The cooling duct, from the outside look as they should. One fitted relatively easily the other had to be modified. Could probably have moved the oil cooler to get it in but would rather modify a cheap plastic part than moving the cooler. Always something I revisit at another time.

Any other questions hit me up 👍
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 01:08 PM   #13
sublimey
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

So this is this list I have, bear in mind mines a UK car so there will be regional differences.

I didn't use genuine parking sensors as they are purely cosmetic and non functional (for now at least)

Arch liners, I've currently re-used my original ones. They fit and do the job, although not 100% perfect. But I believe the M2c liners offer less clearance than OG ones.

The cooling duct, from the outside look as they should. One fitted relatively easily the other had to be modified. Could probably have moved the oil cooler to get it in but would rather modify a cheap plastic part than moving the cooler. Always something I revisit at another time.

Thank you so much! Most of the parts match. I'm getting a different part number from realoem. I'm a RHD As well realoem is recommended Bumper a front part #51118746835. I can't see to find your bumper part number on realoem but it pops up on eBay listings.
Regarding the air ducts. Do you think it's necessary to get them?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #14
MikeF87LCI
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you so much! Most of the parts match. I'm getting a different part number from realoem. I'm a RHD As well realoem is recommended Bumper a front part #51118746835. I can't see to find your bumper part number on realoem but it pops up on eBay listings.
Ah fair enough.

Nah the air ducts are not required I just fancied a more "complete" look. I believe IND sells a retrofit kit minus the ducts anyway.

But you will have two triangular holes in the lower central grille. Through these holes bolts will be visible so possibly worth painting them black to be a bit more discreet.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 01:15 PM   #15
sublimey
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Ah fair enough.

Nah the air ducts are not required I just fancied a more "complete" look. I believe IND sells a retrofit kit minus the ducts anyway.

But you will have two triangular holes in the lower central grille. Through these holes bolts will be visible so possibly worth painting them black to be a bit more discreet.
Hi regarding the PDC retrofit. My car doesn't come with front PDC. Would you happen to have the part number for the harness? I seem to have found it but it looks abit weird in real life. Like the harness is too short.
Part 61126842044?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 05:18 PM   #16
MikeF87LCI
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Ah fair enough.

Hi regarding the PDC retrofit. My car doesn't come with front PDC. Would you happen to have the part number for the harness? I seem to have found it but it looks abit weird in real life. Like the harness is too short.
Part 61126842044?
So the sensors in my bumper are purely for show at the moment I haven't looked into what would be needed for them to work.

I had no choice as the bumper already had the holes, and they would of been too much to fill.

Can't imagine it'd be much more than wiring and some coding
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 02:47 PM   #17
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Ah fair enough.

You could get the grille guard kit from Zunsport.

That would take care of the holes in the grilles and protect your oil coolers and intercooler.