BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Found 763M CS wheels at a discount - Good and bad buying experiences

05-07-2021, 07:55 AM   #177
Ratcher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
I guess he got a black and gold set in but unsure for whom
That's the biggest problem, it's 1-2 sets tops per month that's coming out from the source. It's gonna take awhile.
I know that new orders, as of now, wont be accepted because of the crazy delivery times.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 09:35 AM   #178
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by csg View Post
I ordered my black set in mid February, I really hope they are for me.
I ordered my black set 1st week of Feb : (

Still no news of mine and the black and gold set wasn't for me either.

If it wasn't for the reassurance from Kankles and Ratcher, I would've filed for a paypal refund long ago
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 10:45 AM   #179
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
I ordered my black set 1st week of Feb : (

Still no news of mine and the black and gold set wasn't for me either.

If it wasn't for the reassurance from Kankles and Ratcher, I would've filed for a paypal refund long ago
My brother got his in 4 days, and the price was fantastic. What made you keep your order? Was the price that good?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 10:53 AM   #180
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
My brother got his in 4 days, and the price was fantastic. What made you keep your order? Was the price that good?
I'm in Australia so our pricing is different to yours in the US.

RRP of black 763s with tyres here are $9,300 AUD / $8,300 AUD without so approximately $7,300 US.

This contact in Germany is approx $6,000 AUD landed so it's about 2/3rds of the cost. I've contacted the USA dealers before and only ECS Tuning would ship to AU.

Mind you waiting the 4 bloody months, I'd have rather paid the extra 2-3k if I was to do it again.
Appreciate 1
///MPhatic13544.50
      05-07-2021, 02:04 PM   #181
Ollie RS
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by csg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf87 View Post
Has anyone heard anything from steffen this week?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf87 View Post
Has anyone heard anything from steffen this week?
I ordered my black set in mid February, I really hope they are for me.
I ordered at the start of February and still haven't received anything
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 02:52 AM   #182
photorph
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 comp, LBB

I ordered and got mine in 2 days from getbmwparts.com Photos below in different lighting on my instagram.

Appreciate 2
CSBM52695.50
VisualEcho6625.50
      05-08-2021, 04:49 AM   #183
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Well .. I put my semi slicks on my 437s today, as I'm doing a fair few track days soon.

I ordered the stupid wheels off Steffen more than 3 months ago in our Australian summer (very hot, not ideal to track in the Aussie summer).

Now I don't have any wheels to put my road tyres on ... but who could anticipate a 4 week quote turn into 14-15-16 weeks?

If we don't get them by end of May, we should all file for a paypal refund .. if he hasn't even fulfilled his first Feb orders (there's at least 4 of us) how is he going to fulfil his March orders? (poor guys that ordered in March) if he is getting 1-2 sets per month, he'll fulfil all our orders by the end of 2022 at this rate.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 08:28 AM   #184
blackf87
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Well .. I put my semi slicks on my 437s today, as I'm doing a fair few track days soon.

I ordered the stupid wheels off Steffen more than 3 months ago in our Australian summer (very hot, not ideal to track in the Aussie summer).

Now I don't have any wheels to put my road tyres on ... but who could anticipate a 4 week quote turn into 14-15-16 weeks?

If we don't get them by end of May, we should all file for a paypal refund .. if he hasn't even fulfilled his first Feb orders (there's at least 4 of us) how is he going to fulfil his March orders? (poor guys that ordered in March) if he is getting 1-2 sets per month, he'll fulfil all our orders by the end of 2022 at this rate.
Yeah i'll give him 2 weeks and then i'm going to file for refund
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 09:53 AM   #185
///Magic Bus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3C G80 XDrive

I don't know what his source of supply is, but he is clearly unable to deliver all these orders within the announced deadlines (4 to 5 weeks!) even though all the official BMW suppliers have these wheels in stock.
Moreover he doesn't give any delay and only exceptionally answers to emails.
Today it's been 12 weeks since I ordered.
I think like you that I will have to ask for a refund but I hope that it will be possible because his Paypal account is not a professional account.
I may be a pessimistic but it looks more and more like a Ponzi scheme (he collects the money from the many orders immediately and delivers from time to time to stall the creditors).
Consider that he may have more than €50,000 in his pockets...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 10:03 AM   #186
Ratcher
Lieutenant
Rep

It's not a Ponzi scheme.
I know the source and you have to understand that lots of people order through him (including myself) and that creates a bottle neck there.

Shops have these wheels in stock because the demand for those wheels at that price isn't as big.

Pls note I refer to "source" as to the guy where he is getting his wheels. The source is a legit dude, 100%. All the problems you're having are something I would have told you, had I known of this thread earlier. Many people have had bad experiences (as in no response, insane waiting time, etc), however, if you're willing to wait, even if an eternity, you will get the wheels at some point.

I will not bash someone publicly because I have been threatened in the past, so if anyone is concerned you can PM me and I'll let you know a thing or two. I can tell you the source doesn't have a brother, not that it matters but you get the drill.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 11:19 AM   #187
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcher View Post
It's not a Ponzi scheme.
I know the source and you have to understand that lots of people order through him (including myself) and that creates a bottle neck there.

Shops have these wheels in stock because the demand for those wheels at that price isn't as big.

Pls note I refer to "source" as to the guy where he is getting his wheels. The source is a legit dude, 100%. All the problems you're having are something I would have told you, had I known of this thread earlier. Many people have had bad experiences (as in no response, insane waiting time, etc), however, if you're willing to wait, even if an eternity, you will get the wheels at some point.

I will not bash someone publicly because I have been threatened in the past, so if anyone is concerned you can PM me and I'll let you know a thing or two. I can tell you the source doesn't have a brother, not that it matters but you get the drill.
I got my wheels from Evan at getbmwparts.com in 4 days.

2 of the wheels weren't perfect, and they told me they had no more in stock, and ordered 2 more in (one front, one rear). In 3 days they were ready to ship to me.

Not saying this guy isn't 100% legit, I'm just saying that however he's getting them, none of them have the authority that a real BMW dealer has. And beyond that, if you have a problem with one of your wheels, like I did, good luck getting it fixed in a timely manner.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 11:30 AM   #188
TheMagician
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 6spd

I truly feel sorry for the people who sent their hard earned money to some Stephan person. This is pure BS.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 04:00 PM   #189
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

On another note, do you guys prefer the matte/satin look on HS or the glossy CS one?
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 04:09 PM   #190
Midtown2020
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (6MT) & X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post
On another note, do you guys prefer the matte/satin look on HS or the glossy CS one?
I ordered glossy to match glossy trim on my HS car, but I second guess that choice almost everyday as I wait for them. I really like the satin ones just by themselves. Ultimately I do think the glossy ones will be a great match on my car and I will love them!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 04:20 PM   #191
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown2020 View Post
Quote:
I ordered glossy to match glossy trim on my HS car, but I second guess that choice almost everyday as I wait for them. I really like the satin ones just by themselves. Ultimately I do think the glossy ones will be a great match on my car and I will love them!
I've only seen the glossy in person and they are stunning. I wonder if they show scratches more than matte. I also heard the matte is more satin than matte so maybe it has enough shine for me. I was going to order through this "contact" but now I'll be going through getbmwparts.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 05:14 PM   #192
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've only seen the glossy in person and they are stunning. I wonder if they show scratches more than matte. I also heard the matte is more satin than matte so maybe it has enough shine for me. I was going to order through this "contact" but now I'll be going through getbmwparts.
I bought the matte black...its definitely more satin than anything.

FWIW, purchased from Brit @ bmwpartspros. Took a week for delivery but no additional shipping fee. Would recommend that route for potential US buyers

Now just need my new tires on 10 week back order
Appreciate 1
CSBM52695.50
      05-08-2021, 05:35 PM   #193
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
I also heard the matte is more satin than matte...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Dodge View Post
I bought the matte black...its definitely more satin than anything.
It 100% depends on when they were made, and literally changes from batch to batch. 2 of mine were made the same day in 2020, but in different batches, and had different gloss units. Another one, made in 2019 was damn near full matte.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 05:39 PM   #194
Midtown2020
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (6MT) & X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
It 100% depends on when they were made, and literally changes from batch to batch. 2 of mine were made the same day in 2020, but in different batches, and had different gloss units. Another one, made in 2019 was damn near full matte.
Wow! That's surprising. I wouldn't have expected such a variance.
Appreciate 1
ESB1005.50
      05-08-2021, 07:43 PM   #195
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Wow! That's surprising. I wouldn't have expected such a variance.
I expected there to be a variance, but not quite that much. But Evan at Getbmwparts really took care of me, so all is well.
Appreciate 1
smknjoe234.00
      05-10-2021, 02:21 AM   #196
Ratcher
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
And beyond that, if you have a problem with one of your wheels, like I did, good luck getting it fixed in a timely manner.
In a timely manner - forget it.
Getting it fixed... very tough. I've had a problem ONCE, the courier damaged 3 of the 4 wheels (DHL) and their insurance refused to cover it. Since I have principles, I kept the damaged wheels and sent new to this dude, with a different courier (now I know what works - live and learn). I ended up selling damaged wheels on eBay and just took the hit. I sleep better with a few hundred less in my pocket and a clean conscience than the other way around but as I am sure most of us know, this is rarely ever the case with sellers
Appreciate 1
AUSf222687.00
      05-10-2021, 04:45 AM   #197
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcher View Post
In a timely manner - forget it.
Getting it fixed... very tough. I've had a problem ONCE, the courier damaged 3 of the 4 wheels (DHL) and their insurance refused to cover it. Since I have principles, I kept the damaged wheels and sent new to this dude, with a different courier (now I know what works - live and learn). I ended up selling damaged wheels on eBay and just took the hit. I sleep better with a few hundred less in my pocket and a clean conscience than the other way around but as I am sure most of us know, this is rarely ever the case with sellers
You're a good person it's rare to find people with such integrity these days.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 06:41 AM   #198
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Bmw parts worldwide is a bmw store in orland park Illinois.

Their pricing on their website has been very competitive. I am local so I don't have to deal with shipping . 30 min or so drive .

People should check them out.
Appreciate 3
ChrisK4449.00
NWest549.50
Nicname348.00