BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Found 763M CS wheels at a discount - Good and bad buying experiences

05-24-2021, 03:52 AM   #221
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by csg View Post
I didn't have to file a dispute. Mind you I haven't received my money but I politely asked Steffen to cancel my order and he said he would cancel it with BMW, and they will refund his money. He said I will have my money back in 2-3 weeks.
Let us know how you go, I'll give him to end of May and I'll also request for a refund.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 05:55 AM   #222
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

It should be a very easy check of part availability in the EU of the wheel since any dealer should be able to quickly tell you what is available from BMW's parts network. Here in the US there are regional distribution centers that supply dealers along with a continental distribution center. Dealer parts counter personnel can access the system and immediately see what quantity of parts are available for any given part number.

Surely it is essentially an identical process in the EU. Just contact a dealer and have them tell you what quantity of 763M part numbers you would want to purchase, and they should be able to provide availability. I'm guessing that if you do so, you'll find you can immediately purchase the wheel. That's where the story sounds fishy to me since BMW is being blamed for not having them available it appears which is so easily checked by anyone bothering to do so.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 06:28 AM   #223
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Yep agreed, he does sound fishy.

I've filed a dispute via paypal just then. I don't think this Steffen guy is a legit seller at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 07:36 AM   #224
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
For the others that are wondering about the extra paypal fee that Steffen asked to be sent as family and friends, I was cautious about this deal from the beginning so I paid it with my American Express CC via paypal.

Amex have credited me back that transaction already (took about 5 minutes after filing for chargeback)

Guess it's a perk being a platinum member
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 09:22 AM   #225
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
Have you not heard from him yet? I will ping him if not
Quote:
Steffen is legit, I swear, but as others have said they have to get to DE from Taiwan.
I was also worried when I ordered lime but they did come after a few weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcher View Post
It's not a Ponzi scheme.
I know the source and you have to understand that lots of people order through him (including myself) and that creates a bottle neck there.
Shops have these wheels in stock because the demand for those wheels at that price isn't as big.
Pls note I refer to "source" as to the guy where he is getting his wheels. The source is a legit dude, 100%. All the problems you're having are something I would have told you, had I known of this thread earlier. Many people have had bad experiences (as in no response, insane waiting time, etc), however, if you're willing to wait, even if an eternity, you will get the wheels at some point.
I will not bash someone publicly because I have been threatened in the past, so if anyone is concerned you can PM me and I'll let you know a thing or two. I can tell you the source doesn't have a brother, not that it matters but you get the drill.
Kankles and Ratcher: as several forum members complain about payment for 763M wheels without deliveries by your contact "Steffen", please get this sorted out ASAP. It seems that you both know the person.

Moreover, (promoting) sales belong in the Sponsors Classifieds and AFAIK your contact "Steffen" is no board sponsor. So this should not have happened.
      05-24-2021, 10:25 AM   #226
blackf87
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
For the others that are wondering about the extra paypal fee that Steffen asked to be sent as family and friends, I was cautious about this deal from the beginning so I paid it with my American Express CC via paypal.

Amex have credited me back that transaction already (took about 5 minutes after filing for chargeback)

Did amex credit back just that amount or the whole transaktion?

I also payed with amex so i hope that it will work for me aswell!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 10:53 AM   #227
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf87 View Post
Quote:

Did amex credit back just that amount or the whole transaktion?

I also payed with amex so i hope that it will work for me aswell!
I paid the PayPal fee portion with Amex. So the 140 odd euro, the other 3,000 euro I paid with normal bank card via PayPal and it's currently pending as I've escalated it as item not received. I provided all the evidence of Steffen quoting 4 to 5 weeks max and all the messages he ignored.

I'll also speak to my bank tomorrow just let them know as well. Will let everyone know when I get all the money back.

Hate to say it but when something is too good to be true, it generally is. I guess Steffen wasted 4 months of everyone's time. For everyone else that ordered after me, I wouldn't wait any longer to take action. 16 weeks is unacceptable... and I've worked at BMW parts in Australia, these wheels are likely not through the correct channels. Whoever is sourcing these wheels should have some action taken against them from BMW Germany.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 10:54 AM   #228
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
I didn't have to file a dispute. Mind you I haven't received my money but I politely asked Steffen to cancel my order and he said he would cancel it with BMW, and they will refund his money. He said I will have my money back in 2-3 weeks.
Wow. If you can take someone's money within 1 minute you should be able to return it in one minute.
Guys, I apologize for recommending this source as my experience was less wait time...but this was before the rush of orders and the supposed shortage from BMW.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2021, 10:59 AM   #229
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Have you not heard from him yet? I will ping him if not
Quote:
Steffen is legit, I swear, but as others have said they have to get to DE from Taiwan.
I was also worried when I ordered lime but they did come after a few weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcher View Post
It's not a Ponzi scheme.
I know the source and you have to understand that lots of people order through him (including myself) and that creates a bottle neck there.
Shops have these wheels in stock because the demand for those wheels at that price isn't as big.
Pls note I refer to "source" as to the guy where he is getting his wheels. The source is a legit dude, 100%. All the problems you're having are something I would have told you, had I known of this thread earlier. Many people have had bad experiences (as in no response, insane waiting time, etc), however, if you're willing to wait, even if an eternity, you will get the wheels at some point.
I will not bash someone publicly because I have been threatened in the past, so if anyone is concerned you can PM me and I'll let you know a thing or two. I can tell you the source doesn't have a brother, not that it matters but you get the drill.
Kankles and Ratcher: as several forum members complain about payment for 763M wheels without deliveries by your contact "Steffen", please get this sorted out ASAP. It seems that you both know the person.

Moreover, (promoting) sales belong in the Sponsors Classifieds and AFAIK your contact "Steffen" is no board sponsor. So this should not have happened.
I received no gain from my recommendation and was passing my experience in purchasing the wheels. The literal name of the thread is "found 763s at a discount". As I purchased mine form the source at a discount I passed along my experience, which is unfortunately not the experience of those recently purchasing. I do not agree with the source taking peoples money but not refunding it as quickly.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 11:28 AM   #230
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow. If you can take someone's money within 1 minute you should be able to return it in one minute.
Guys, I apologize for recommending this source as my experience was less wait time...but this was before the rush of orders and the supposed shortage from BMW.
You can still help us Kankles, a quick message to Steffen to hit the refund transaction on PayPal will see everyone's money return. Of course to those that have requested a refund.

Going through this dispute is dragging it out and prolonging the inevitable.
Appreciate 2
Kankles1484.50
csg57.00
      05-24-2021, 11:31 AM   #231
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can still help us Kankles, a quick message to Steffen to hit the refund transaction on PayPal will see everyone's money return. Of course to those that have requested a refund.

Going through this dispute is dragging it out and prolonging the inevitable.
Ok, I'll message him, no problem at all
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 12:13 PM   #232
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Thanks, Kankles, appreciated.

Probably also "Steffen" feels bothered by the fact that he's stuck in the middle with his supplier.
      05-24-2021, 01:00 PM   #233
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Probably also "Steffen" feels bothered by the fact that he's stuck in the middle with his supplier.
Yes, but he should still refund anyone that has waited an inordinate amount of time and requests it. I had this issue with Dinan exhaust and Xph refunded my money stat when I requested.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 01:19 PM   #234
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, but he should still refund anyone that has waited an inordinate amount of time and requests it. I had this issue with Dinan exhaust and Xph refunded my money stat when I requested.

I hope he complies and responds soon, I've been driving on semi slicks for a month now and I'm in desperate need to buy some new wheels for road use for my road tyres that are waiting to be mounted.

So I really would want a refund ASAP so I can use those funds instead of having to use more savings to fund a new purchase.

Chewing out my semis is also no good
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 02:50 PM   #235
Ratcher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton

Quote:

Hey boss, not my contact by any means, I simply provided some insight.
I do not have a relationship with the person from whom they're buying their wheels, so unfortunately I cant help
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 04:17 PM   #236
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
That wasn't directed at your friend, it was directed at anyone that takes someone's money in a heartbeat and can't return it just as quickly.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      05-24-2021, 11:27 PM   #237
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
That wasn't directed at your friend, it was directed at anyone that takes someone's money in a heartbeat and can't return it just as quickly.
Understood, thanks Homey!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 04:46 AM   #238
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hope he complies and responds soon, I've been driving on semi slicks for a month now and I'm in desperate need to buy some new wheels for road use for my road tyres that are waiting to be mounted.

So I really would want a refund ASAP so I can use those funds instead of having to use more savings to fund a new purchase.

Chewing out my semis is also no good
I shared a message with Steffen who is also frustrated with the supply situation. He says he will message you. Hope you guys get it sorted
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 05:17 AM   #239
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I shared a message with Steffen who is also frustrated with the supply situation. He says he will message you. Hope you guys get it sorted
I received his response, and truthfully told... it's quite well.. fabricated.

He has claimed that he paid BMW and asked BMW for the refund today.. apparently it will take 4 weeks for him to receive the money before he can send it to me.

Thankfully paypal should rule in my favour in 2 weeks.

What an absolute nightmare. I've already ordered the 763s through my local dealer and it should be ready in the next couple of days.

Never again will I trust a non legitimate vendor or website, I've had no issues purchasing from other companies in Germany, some even sell it to me pre VAT.
Appreciate 2
CSBM52721.00
Kankles1484.50
      05-25-2021, 07:02 AM   #240
///Magic Bus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3C G80 XDrive

I just sent him an email with a 2 week ultimatum to guarantee delivery. If he cannot do it or if he does not respond (which is very possible), I'll file a Paypal complaint.
I will certainly not wait 4 more weeks for a hypothetical refund from him ...
I think he will have problems with Paypal when they have seen all these complaints pouring in.
Absolutely no complaints against Kankles who only sent me the email address of someone with whom he made a positive transaction but only a suggest : perhaps he can convince the famous Steffen to inform each of his clients of the situation and to suggest solutions?
Edit : big surprise: he answered me quickly. His explanation: "Corona caused BMW to have delivery problems with the rim manufacturer, according to BMW, it will take about 3 weeks until I receive your wheels".
So I'll trust him one last time...Life is a permanent risk!
PS : date of my order : 02/12

Last edited by ///Magic Bus; 05-25-2021 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
csg57.00
      05-26-2021, 11:07 AM   #241
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Maybe he's investing all the money in Bitcoin 😂.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 04:12 AM   #242
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
the extra paypal fee that Steffen asked to be sent as family and friends