BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > DIY: Valentine 1 Stealth Install, AC vent Remote Display, and Volume Control

04-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #23
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

It is not about looking. It is about listening.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 08:37 AM   #24
JordanB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Thanks for posting the install instructions. Am trying something similar and had a few questions.

1. did you consider only having the remote audio knob sticking through instead of the entire front panel? am wondering if could install next to the shifter and still have the alerts audible.

2. what did you use to attach the housing to the rear decklid such that it won't slide around?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 07:23 PM   #25
supersam
Da Baus
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT, RA, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanB View Post
Thanks for posting the install instructions. Am trying something similar and had a few questions.

1. did you consider only having the remote audio knob sticking through instead of the entire front panel? am wondering if could install next to the shifter and still have the alerts audible.

2. what did you use to attach the housing to the rear decklid such that it won't slide around?
1. Limited clearance next to the shifter for the entire remote audio adapter circuit board. And I also removed the housing for the circuitboard. You could keep the circuitboard elsewhere and separate the volume knob but that would take some soldering and the speaker part would still be attached to the circuitboard.

2. I wanted the amount to be secure but reversible so if I recall I actually used black braided suture material on a curved needle such that the nuts themselves are actually on the underside of the unit and not visible. This technique might be too hard to demonstrate on a DIY. I've been through track days and it's still sturdy four years later. I'm sure you can get creative with other types of fasteners such as heavy duty Velcro or just bolt it. For my technique I did not have to remove the rear deck
E46 330ci --> S54 M3 xplant vzv 3bananas (retired)
Appreciate 0