BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Link Pipe and CEL - US Spec M2C

07-31-2020, 01:39 PM   #1
M2sday
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Link Pipe and CEL - US Spec M2C

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I haven't had any luck searching within the forum. For US spec cars (without the OPF), will installing a link pipe (Akra, AA, etc.) without an ECU tune trigger a CEL code or limp-mode? Looking into installing a full cat back system, but I don't want to tune the ECU for warranty reasons. If anyone in the US has done this, would you please let me know your experience? Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 01:56 PM   #2
DriverDaily
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Not on US spec cars. IIRC, there are no o2 sensors after the primary cats. You can do whatever you want to the secondary cats and the computer won't know.
Appreciate 1
M2sday0.00
      07-31-2020, 04:36 PM   #3
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

As mentioned above, as long as you leave the factory downpipes alone (which contain the primary cats and O2 sensors) you shouldn't have any problems or require a tune with a full catback

I have been running the Akrapovic Evolution catback (link pipe + slip-on) without any issues on the factory tune
Appreciate 1
M2sday0.00