BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Modifications - What have you done to your M2 CS?

04-12-2022, 01:06 PM   #1035
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS.08 View Post
I thought the same, but Turner Motorsports advised it is compatible with the S55 M2's as well... they did not have the information as to how it connects or works though.
Well, given that on their own website, the remote is an option with the OG M2 MPE and not the M2 Comp MPE, I'd guess whomever you spoke with was incorrect.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 03:31 PM   #1036
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Waiting on my Vorsteiner Wing Blade and spare trunk I bought to come in.

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 07:09 PM   #1037
GM2CS
Present:
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Mods

Just had a MPE installed today. Is it worth $5k? Not sure but it looks and sounds better. I just purchased the car last week with under 600 miles on the odometer. I drove about 200 miles in the car but it was enough for me to know the stock exhaust had to go.

Last edited by GM2CS; 04-13-2022 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 10:56 PM   #1038
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
The fronts aren't all that lovely, but not great either. Two bolts at the strut to pop off the caliper, and then the two pins to release the pads. Not as nice as the rear where it's two pins and the pads come right out. The front also indicates in manuals and a few things I found that those two bolts are technically "replace" on removal. So I'll likely replace them every 2-4 times I swap pads since I'll do it several times a year going back and forth between street and track pads.
I would be careful . . .

On my 1M I reused my strut pinch bolts twice when I installed camber plates and then later coilovers. I had no idea they were single use only. They are aluminum and can only hold their specified torque once. I got away with it the first time, but when road testing the coilovers, I felt and heard a loud snap when turning right into my garage . . . the drivers side shock had rotated enough that the sway bar end link got turned into it and snapped in two! That was an easy fix (Turner adjustable links FTW!).

If you are doing track days, and those caliper bolts are meant to be used once, their failure could be catastrophic, and could fail more easily due to the heat cycles and stress.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 12:04 AM   #1039
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM2CS View Post
Just had a MPE installed today. Is it worth $5k? Not sure but it looks and sounds better. I just purchased the car last week with under 600 miles on the odometer. I drove about 200 miles in the car but it was enough for me to know the stock exhaust had to go.
If you want to hear my CS with Akra back and AA Equal Length Mid, let me know since you're in the OC and I'm not that entirely far from you.

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 11:39 AM   #1040
GM2CS
Present:
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
If you want to hear my CS with Akra back and AA Equal Length Mid, let me know since you're in the OC and I'm not that entirely far from you.
I appreciate that. Like "most" CS owners considering a new exhaust it will "likely" come down between Akra and MPE. After a deep dive on both systems I went MPE for the OEM factor and no valve control remote required. However I do think the Akra is slightly more visually appealing and the fit and finish "might" just be a tad higher even though MPE was reportedly developed in partnership with Akra
Appreciate 1
RideM317.00
      04-14-2022, 11:44 AM   #1041
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I appreciate that. Like "most" CS owners considering a new exhaust it will "likely" come down between Akra and MPE. After a deep dive on both systems I went MPE for the OEM factor and no valve control remote required. However I do think the Akra is slightly more visually appealing and the fit and finish "might" just be a tad higher even though MPE was reportedly developed in partnership with Akra
yeah, I'm not surprised by the partnered development. But the MPE exhaust overhang, though slightly looks better under the diffuser, is grossly still large and unappealing compared to the tuck the Akra and a few other aftermarket exhausts have to offer.

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 11:46 AM   #1042
GM2CS
Present:
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
yeah, I'm not surprised by the partnered development. But the MPE exhaust overhang, though slightly looks better under the diffuser, is grossly still large and unappealing compared to the tuck the Akra and a few other aftermarket exhausts have to offer.
Agreed.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 02:21 PM   #1043
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You don't need a valve controller for the Akra. It runs off the stock actuators that are transferred over so valve control is automatic like stock. I agree Akra is visually better looking because of beefier tips but the tips do bump the diffuser during normal use, and will cause scratching on the carbon fiber (both tips and diffuser). It isn't visible installed though. MPE might be more valuable long term for this car because it is OEM.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 03:48 PM   #1044
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Quote:
You don't need a valve controller for the Akra. It runs off the stock actuators that are transferred over so valve control is automatic like stock. I agree Akra is visually better looking because of beefier tips but the tips do bump the diffuser during normal use, and will cause scratching on the carbon fiber (both tips and diffuser). It isn't visible installed though. MPE might be more valuable long term for this car because it is OEM.
Just an observation - while the MPE on the F80/2 was titanium I understood the MPE for the F87C is steel (except for tips). Regardless, the crack experience I had with the MPE on my F80 turned me off. I think there is still a question overhanging quality and resale on cars with MPEs. I know I parted out before selling my F80 and its problem/reputation meant I didn't get much for it selling separately (1/4 money back). The Akra is titanium and doesn't have that kind of history.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 06:00 PM   #1045
GM2CS
Present:
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good to know. I watched the Remove Before Race video when he installed it on his CS. He had the remote so I assumed it was required to open and close the valves. I think the remote is also featured in the Chris Harris video on his car that has Akra? Anyway you can't go wrong with either exhaust. And IMO both systems are a big improvement over stock. Now on to spending money on other mods...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 06:29 PM   #1046
tunawi7cheese
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Power by dead dinosaurs

Quote:
Quote:
Good to know. I watched the Remove Before Race video when he installed it on his CS. He had the remote so I assumed it was required to open and close the valves. I think the remote is also featured in the Chris Harris video on his car that has Akra? Anyway you can't go wrong with either exhaust. And IMO both systems are a big improvement over stock. Now on to spending money on other mods...
if you purchase the full akra system(link and exhaust) the remote is included with the full set.

Melborne Red 08' E90 M3 6spd
Hockenheim Silver 20' F87 M2 CS MDCT
White 21' Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 07:15 PM   #1047
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I didn't get the remote system and I'm very happy with the normal flap control mechanisms operating. Thought I'd wait and see if I wanted to add it later and long term answer has become a big donut after 6 months.
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2022, 07:30 PM   #1048
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

The remote, at times, does require a few pushes on initial startup to open or close the flaps, so that is my only annoyance with the remote because it has it's own wireless signal it keeps to pair with the module in the trunk.

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 12:49 PM   #1049
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunawi7cheese View Post
if you purchase the full akra system(link and exhaust) the remote is included with the full set.
Yes, the Akra sound kit comes with the link pipe, but it is only to have full control over the valves. It is not needed to run stock automatic valve control. I didn't install it because it is a pretty invasive installation and there are easier to install solutions on the market (ie, VSC2).
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2022, 02:49 PM   #1050
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Some profile pics. Clean and mean.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-15-2022, 03:48 PM   #1051
JPMD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMD View Post
Ride slightly stiffer. Slightly less body roll.
I'll post pics but very similar to above post/pictures.
Update on lowering with H&R sport springs

After a few weeks of local and highway high speed driving I have decided to switch to the BMW HAS.
The rear was perfect but front just a little too low. The stiffness of the springs also really accentuated road vibration at speeds 80+ FYI originally the thought was 5mm spacers were not perfectly aligned so switched to 10mm with lip but no difference. At 10mm there was slight wheel poke in the rear. Ill go back to 5mm with the BMW HAS

Timing was now as I ran into some bad luck with nail front passenger tire and the rears were getting close so Ill change all 4 tires.

With respect to the CDV delete could not be happier and a must do mod IMO
The Porterfield R4-S pads feel very good with no noise or clicking. Approx 50% less dust front and 70% rear.
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2022, 08:13 AM   #1052
CC3586
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS

M Performances carbon fibre fuel cap on 10 bhp added .🤣
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-18-2022, 04:10 PM   #1053
fstclyz
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden3ye View Post
I got the winglets!

Car is at the shop getting full PPF and full ceramic coating. Also, 20% window tint.

I haven’t really been driving it. I have been holding off for PPF. I’m going to be excited to take it out for real!
Are these the BMW winglets for aftermarket? Does anyone have some history on the aftermarket ones for looks, durability etc.? At roughly $200 vs the OEM at $1200, I'm curious as I want a set...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 04:15 PM   #1054
jbse39
Private
Rep
Drives: 97 M3, 20 M2 CS, 23 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstclyz View Post
Are these the BMW winglets for aftermarket? Does anyone have some history on the aftermarket ones for looks, durability etc.? At roughly $200 vs the OEM at $1200, I'm curious as I want a set...
Those look to be the BMW ones. I have the same, purchased from a seller on this board. He seems to be have another set his selling at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 03:24 PM   #1055
fstclyz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbse39 View Post
Those look to be the BMW ones. I have the same, purchased from a seller on this board. He seems to be have another set his selling at the moment.
You have the OEM ones? I can't seem to find this other set available. You mind sending it my way?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 03:28 PM   #1056
fstclyz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden3ye View Post
I got the winglets!

Car is at the shop getting full PPF and full ceramic coating. Also, 20% window tint.

I haven’t really been driving it. I have been holding off for PPF. I’m going to be excited to take it out for real!
Who's winglets are these? I'm looking for a pair, aftermarket if they're good enough, or discounted OEM.
Appreciate 0