Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kart driver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
So you had an M2C driver say he liked the handling of his car better than the CS? Got it.

I'm not saying it's not better, but maybe a touch biased, and for nearly a $5K mod with install, it should be better. As ptgltw eloquently put it, it's still a modded M2C.

I'm not hating on the M2C, great car in its own right. You can make any E46 perform better than the CSL, but it's still just a modded E46. I love all M cars, well the smaller ones.

Just seems you love to stir the pot with owners that truly enjoy their cars. I have no issues with a CS owner installing coilovers, I've done it on many cars, just not this one.

Happy driving.

I own both - M2C and M2CS. And I am of the same opinion that the adaptive suspension of the M2CS is far from being great when you compare it with MP coilovers.
I know. Two M2C owners, one of which also has a CS and complains about it.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 07:27 PM   #90
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Why track M2csracing, when you can have proper racing experience with 911 cup car?
Interesting concept considering Porsche builds their most proper 911 Race Car with a mid engine.

Q for you. Why doesn't a proper 911 Cup Car hold it's value? You would think the best Porsche has to offer wouldn't depreciate by over 50% in 10 years.

So cheap.
      05-04-2021, 07:30 PM   #91
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
You must be a prophet! Which stocks should I buy?
XPEL all day long and buy a lot of it.
      05-04-2021, 07:54 PM   #92
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
You must be a prophet! Which stocks should I buy?
XPEL all day long and buy a lot of it.
I had no idea it was public. I'm going long tomorrow. Thanks.
Appreciate 1
ptgltw3777.50
      05-04-2021, 09:32 PM   #93
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

Quote:
So you had an M2C driver say he liked the handling of his car better than the CS? Got it.

I'm not saying it's not better, but maybe a touch biased
Biased it may be, no doubt. These things are a matter of personal preference. And I think it depends on what you come from. For a previous M2/M2C on stock suspension the M2CS suspension will feel like an upgrade, because it is, and it's probably the comfort factor those folks will notice first, whereas for someone who comes from MP coilovers or similar and who was happy with that setup it may feel a bit underwhelming because this suspension behaves differently and doesn't quite allow you to do what you're used to, and it's probably the handling factor these folks are going to point out first. No big secret here.
Appreciate 2
      05-05-2021, 03:40 PM   #94
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:
I know. Two M2C owners, one of which also has a CS and complains about it.
no complaints. why would I buy it then? )))

it’s just the M Adaptive suspension that I don’t find to be good enough, which is easily fixed for just $2500 (MP coilovers or similar product)
Appreciate 1
Hedoniste3834.00
      05-05-2021, 03:48 PM   #95
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Interesting concept considering Porsche builds their most proper 911 Race Car with a mid engine.

Q for you. Why doesn't a proper 911 Cup Car hold it's value? You would think the best Porsche has to offer wouldn't depreciate by over 50% in 10 years.

So cheap.

Have you ever driven Cayman GT4 club sport (some call it Cayman Cup) or 911 cup (991) car at ANY racing event?

Let’s just stop it, please. First you offer me your help to analyse my driving skills for me to be able to improve my lap time with 911 cup car, when I am already 1.3 second behind a pro driver Peter Terting at Portimao racetrack.

And later I see your post when you describe your experience and I see you tell to others that:
- M2CSracing is NEXT level from what you drove before
- you have to master left foot braking

I am just speechless...

P.S. Answer to your question: because racecar...

Last edited by kart driver; 05-05-2021 at 03:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 01:10 AM   #96
kart driver
Captain
Rep

10:40 - 11:50

So one more person is confirming that proper adjusted coilovers are better than M2CS stock suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 01:44 AM   #97
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:

So one more person is confirming that proper adjusted coilovers are better than M2CS stock suspension
Anyone with half an idea about performance cars should already know about this…

The adaptive on the CS is nothing to write home about, the dampers on the M performance kit is superior, period. Further, the KW or Bilstein Clubsport are both on another planet…

Quite surprise you copped so much trash from saying the obvious
Appreciate 3
smknjoe234.00
TargaM22489.00
chris7197334.00
      05-06-2021, 01:50 AM   #98
LakiTopalovich
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by x233 View Post
Biased it may be, no doubt. These things are a matter of personal preference. And I think it depends on what you come from. For a previous M2/M2C on stock suspension the M2CS suspension will feel like an upgrade, because it is, and it's probably the comfort factor those folks will notice first, whereas for someone who comes from MP coilovers or similar and who was happy with that setup it may feel a bit underwhelming because this suspension behaves differently and doesn't quite allow you to do what you're used to, and it's probably the handling factor these folks are going to point out first. No big secret here.
I'm afraid that you're explaining something (most of) CS owners are just not willing to accept. They could realize this only when certain C.H. makes IG post about his new CS transformed with Litchfield suspension. This appears to be the only authority they're willing to accept, considering amount of jizz in pants there was in other topic when CHarris declared he bought a CS..
No offense to anyone, but amount of insecurity and self acclamation in this part of forum is ridiculous.
Appreciate 4
robopp1671.50
TargaM22489.00
chris7197334.00
      05-06-2021, 04:02 AM   #99
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakiTopalovich View Post
I'm afraid that you're explaining something (most of) CS owners are just not willing to accept. They could realize this only when certain C.H. makes IG post about his new CS transformed with Litchfield suspension. This appears to be the only authority they're willing to accept, considering amount of jizz in pants there was in other topic when CHarris declared he bought a CS..
No offense to anyone, but amount of insecurity and self acclamation in this part of forum is ridiculous.
This post must be read with most glorious Ukraine accent. It's up there with Borat. Crying. 😂🤣

(Subtle observation. This may be KD's nom de plume / imaginary friend / 2nd account)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 05:48 AM   #100
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:

How does he miss the steering difference and all the other improvements? Constant reference to "my competition". That's all you need to know.

Also, that's not a Swedish accent. I suspect KD flew over and made a video. He won't stop.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 06:04 AM   #101
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakiTopalovich View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x233 View Post
My last post on this thread.

1) Of course coilovers will make almost any stock car handle better. I've had both KW and PSS10s on other cars. Comfort and convenience is the questionable part. BMW knows most owners don't want to have to adjust their own damping and height manually.

2) The CS suspension is more than adequate for what I'll be doing on the street. The 444HP is more than adequate for what I'll be doing on the street. My car will rarely see the track.

3) This guy also obviously likes his tuned car. I loved my Dinan S3 135i on PSS10, LSD, downpipe and Brembo BBK. I knew it would outrun a 1M, and I was proud of that. I beat an E90 M3 in a drag and it made my day. I bought it used, so I didn't get killed on the resale but I put a lot into it over 3 years repairing and maintaining it. I still knew that it would never be a 1M.

4) His depreciation comments on the CS are not reality in the US. So far there is little if any depreciation.

Yes, most of us are proud to have picked up a special BMW and are confident it will go down as one of the great M cars. I don't look down on M2C owners, only the ones that say the CS is just a comp with some carbon. Just like CS owners shouldn't go on the M2C boards and tell them how much better the CS is than the Comp.

/Thread for me. Everyone enjoy your respective vehicles.
Appreciate 1
kyrocks1070.50
      05-06-2021, 09:33 AM   #102
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Genius and Caption Obvious Alert:

Yes I can personally take any car and thro money and time and R&D at it and make it better. Most people can do this.

Better Handling
More Power
Better Rubber
Better Brakes

What exactly are you guys trying to prove again?
      05-06-2021, 09:58 AM   #103
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I went with coilovers and lots of other work on my 1M because it had handling deficiencies that were glaringly obvious at the track. It now works very well at the track and I find it tolerable as an occasional fun street car, but definitely not daily driver worthy any more. My kids love riding in it, the wife not so much. The CS is far more enjoyable as a daily driver, and would probably have equal confidence at the track even if a little bit on the soft side and slightly less precise.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
Hedoniste3834.00
      05-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #104
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
This post must be read with most glorious Ukraine accent. It's up there with Borat. Crying. 😂🤣

(Subtle observation. This may be KD's nom de plume / imaginary friend / 2nd account)

Do you need a photo proof that we are two different persons having two different cars?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 12:44 PM   #105
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My last post on this thread.

1) Of course coilovers will make almost any stock car handle better. I've had both KW and PSS10s on other cars. Comfort and convenience is the questionable part. BMW knows most owners don't want to have to adjust their own damping and height manually.

2) The CS suspension is more than adequate for what I'll be doing on the street. The 444HP is more than adequate for what I'll be doing on the street. My car will rarely see the track.

3) This guy also obviously likes his tuned car. I loved my Dinan S3 135i on PSS10, LSD, downpipe and Brembo BBK. I knew it would outrun a 1M, and I was proud of that. I beat an E90 M3 in a drag and it made my day. I bought it used, so I didn't get killed on the resale but I put a lot into it over 3 years repairing and maintaining it. I still knew that it would never be a 1M.

4) His depreciation comments on the CS are not reality in the US. So far there is little if any depreciation.

Yes, most of us are proud to have picked up a special BMW and are confident it will go down as one of the great M cars. I don't look down on M2C owners, only the ones that say the CS is just a comp with some carbon. Just like CS owners shouldn't go on the M2C boards and tell them how much better the CS is than the Comp.

/Thread for me. Everyone enjoy your respective vehicles.

Nobody is saying m2cs is a bad car.
The only issue is its suspension is far from being great.
Which is easily fixed
Appreciate 2
kyrocks1070.50
chris7197334.00
      05-06-2021, 01:04 PM   #106
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Have you ever driven Cayman GT4 club sport (some call it Cayman Cup) or 911 cup (991) car at ANY racing event?

Let’s just stop it, please. First you offer me your help to analyse my driving skills for me to be able to improve my lap time with 911 cup car, when I am already 1.3 second behind a pro driver Peter Terting at Portimao racetrack.

And later I see your post when you describe your experience and I see you tell to others that:
- M2CSracing is NEXT level from what you drove before
- you have to master left foot braking

I am just speechless...

P.S. Answer to your question: because racecar...
How did I miss this post? Your speachless, that's probably a first.

The problem with Porsche is they don't have entry level cars for guys learning like me. But for guys with your "unverifiable" skills, they do. I have spent time in and around a 996 Cup car but nothing newer. They are everywhere though. On the used market, Pretty available and cheap. My mechanic buddy just turned some easy 1:18 laps at Summit Main on DOT tires in a new GT4 Club Sport (not MR). He said it's amazing as we both new it would be. My local shop is TPC racing out of Hanover Md. Great guys and 24 hour Daytona winners. They prepped one of my former Race Cars, not a cup or Cayman.

Both the GT4 and the Cup Car are better than anything I own. If I'm ready to take it to the next level I'll be buying at new BMW GT4 car though but I'm not even close. I'm about 7 seconds behind a pro driver. Back to back runs at VIR and it's only a 3.2 mile track.

I wish I had your piloting talent. You should be pro. I'm still waiting for your video.

Show me your cup car? Show me your GT4 Club Sport, heck you won't even show us your M2 CS street car. Maybe your cell phone is broken.

Last edited by ptgltw; 05-06-2021 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 01:12 PM   #107
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Nobody is saying m2cs is a bad car.
The only issue is its suspension is far from being great.
Which is easily fixed
Easily fixed yet look at your thread title. Your definition of easy must be different than mine. M2C torrid suspension is easily fixed, this we can agree on.
      05-06-2021, 01:30 PM   #108
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Do you need a photo proof that we are two different persons having two different cars?
lol. There are many people who share you beliefs, it's just that 99.9% of them don't own an M2 CS. Why would we need proof.

I'm working on a case study for my local college now as answer all the questions as to how and why this might could have happened.
      05-06-2021, 02:06 PM   #109
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Leave it up to Bimmerpost to turn a thread about a single dealer's refusal to install an M Performance part into a 5-page shit show.
Appreciate 4
RV1M289.50
cptobvious2531.50
sdhotwn2128.50
TargaM22489.00
      05-06-2021, 05:15 PM   #110
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote: