BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Disable TPMS and Enable FTM with Bimmergeeks Protool

10-28-2022, 09:41 AM   #1
blacksh33p
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Disable TPMS and Enable FTM with Bimmergeeks Protool

Hey all,

As I cobbled together the details from various sources I wanted to provide a simple reference for coding out TPMS and enabling FTM on US based F87. My car is an 18 LCI with latest i-Step version, but this should be applicable for OG as well as other FXX series vehicles.

Bimmergeek's Protool allows VO coding as well as FDL coding, and is far easier to use than ESys and Bimmergeeks is very responsive with support questions.

Prerequisites:

- BimmerGeeks ProTool Coding license and phone
- Stable connection to car (dcan, enet, enet wifi adapter)
- Battery charger with adequate amps (15+ amps min, no trickle chargers. Not arguing this. You can code without one but it is risky)
- Seatbelt locked, windows down, doors shut, accessories/lights off

1: After setting up, launch ProTool and connect to car while in Accessory mode (single press of start button, foot off brake)
2: Once in Protool go to Multi Ecu and then select Vehicle Order, and then Edit
3: Save your backup when prompted
4: Locate the option for $2VB (2VB) and uncheck it
5: Click "Actions" and then "Save"
6: Protool will calculate what ECU's to update, and confirm you want to Flash. Flash away.
7: It should take a couple minutes to complete. During flashes do not turn anything on in the car, open doors, etc.
8: Once complete, it will clear errors (errors will be going off left and right, this is normal). After fully complete, cycle the ignition back to off.
9: Final step is to locate fuse #132 in the trunk fuse box and pull it (TPMS RDC module used to be separate, but after 2014 it is combined with DSC module. Pulling the fuse disables the TPMS functionality. If you pull the fuse before performing coding you may not see the VO option listed in order to edit it)
10: Start the car up. FTM should now be enabled and you can go to Vehicle Status to confirm and perform a reset and you are done.

You can also code TPMS off by changing the individual values within each ECU but the VO is far easier and does this all for you.

When you want to restore TPMS, simply restore your back VO in Protool (Actions, Restore in VO editing) and remember to add the fuse back afterwards.

The individual FDL values for TPMS being enabled are as follows (assuming VO $2VB/S2VB is there)

FEM
RC_RDC_ENABLE = aktiv

ICMQL
IcmKod_B_S2VBA = verbaut

DSC
C_Funktion_RDCi_l = aktiv
C_Funktion_RPA_e = nicht_aktiv
C_RPA_Extra = nicht_aktiv

HU_NBT
RDC = aktiv
RDC_DRUCK_TEMP = druk_und_temperatur
RDC_FORTSCHRITTSANZEIGE = nicht_aktiv
REIFENUEBERWACHUNG_RDC_RPA = rdc
RPA = nicht_aktiv

KOMBI
ST_TYR_RDC_ALIVE = aktiv
ST_TYR_RDC_TIMEOUT = aktiv
KOMBI DSC_MIT_RPA = ohne_RPA

The values for disabled TPMS and use FTM are (after removing $2VB/S2VB)

FEM
RC_RDC_ENABLE = nicht_aktiv

ICMQL
IcmKod_B_S2VBA = nicht_verbaut

DSC
C_Funktion_RDCi_l = nicht_aktiv
C_Funktion_RPA_e = aktiv
C_RPA_Extra = aktiv

HU_NBT
RDC = nicht_aktiv
RDC_DRUCK_TEMP = nicht_aktiv
RDC_FORTSCHRITTSANZEIGE = nicht_aktiv
REIFENUEBERWACHUNG_RDC_RPA = rpa
RPA = aktiv

KOMBI
ST_TYR_RDC_ALIVE = nicht_aktiv
ST_TYR_RDC_TIMEOUT = nicht_aktiv
ST_TYR_TIMEOUT = nicht_aktiv
ST_TYR_ALIVE= nicht_aktiv
KOMBI DSC_MIT_RPA = mit_RPA
Appreciate 4
-Eidos493.50
bentom2335.50
rf94z0.00
      12-14-2022, 10:45 PM   #2
Jrock909
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Vert

Is this good to use on 2008 335i E93 car?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 01:46 AM   #3
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Thank you!
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 12:44 PM   #4
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksh33p View Post
Hey all,

As I cobbled together the details from various sources I wanted to provide a simple reference for coding out TPMS and enabling FTM on US based F87. My car is an 18 LCI with latest i-Step version, but this should be applicable for OG as well as other FXX series vehicles.
hi boss, blacksh33p

came across your post

i was fiddling with bimmercode expert mode and coded some ASD (fake engine sound) option in the RAM module and i can't undo it, no more fake engine sound

with protool is it possible to reset RAM module in the hope to resurrect fake engine sound?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 01:31 PM   #5
///393
Captain
Rep
Drives: X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye.surgeon View Post
I had this exact issue and emailed Bimmercode support and they told me the solution:

use expert mode to reenable the ASD. set “Model range“ to “F87“ and “Engine” to “S55B30”.
Came across that earlier. Sounds like it may be the ticket.
Appreciate 0