BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > BMW M2 CS Gets 450 HP (Specs and Info From Exclusive Preview Event)

09-17-2019, 04:17 PM   #45
Spoilt666
ʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘ
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e Portimao Blue

Just back home from the event in Brussels.
The M2 CS is a actually a M2 competition with all the M-Performance Carbon Parts on it... I’ve expected more exterior differences...

Some info:
- 40hp extra
- Carbon hood, Carbon trunk, Carbon roof, Carbon splitter, Carbon diffusor, Carbon rear spoiler (like the M4CS)
- Special brakes with red callipers, gold as an option
- 19” M performance wheels 763m in black, gold as an option
- Limited to 2200 cars
- Available colors: Misano Blue, Alpine White, Hochenheim Silver & Black Saphire
- Price: +/- 95.000 euro

The exposed car was in Misano Blue with gold wheels & red callipers.
Appreciate 7
arciga181726.00
Tornado1M1206.00
VCP1390.00
goku7173.00
clee1982796.00
      09-17-2019, 04:35 PM   #46
Supadice
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoilt666 View Post
Just back home from the event in Brussels.
The M2 CS is a actually a M2 competition with all the M-Performance Carbon Parts on it... I've expected more exterior differences...
Some info:
- 40hp extra
- Carbon hood, Carbon trunk, Carbon roof, Carbon splitter, Carbon diffusor, Carbon rear spoiler (like the M4CS)
- Special brakes with red callipers, gold as an option
- 19" M performance wheels 763m in black, gold as an option
- Limited to 2200 cars
- Available colors: Misano Blue, Alpine White, Hochenheim Silver & Black Saphire
The exposed car was in Misano Blue with gold wheels & red callipers.
Which carbon hood. Vented or non
      09-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #47
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

So someone add the wholesale price of the all MP parts + M2c = M2 CS USA pricing.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 04:39 PM   #48
Spoilt666
ʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘ
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supadice View Post
Vented idd, like the M4CS
Appreciate 4
Supadice1017.50
Tornado1M1206.00
JTO245246.50
clee1982796.00
      09-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #49
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
There will be no more GTS

Only cs and csl above that
Okay; did not know this...was also cleared out this evening at the M2CS preview...no more GTS...but if a CSL is coming => nobody knows.
      09-17-2019, 05:14 PM   #50
Supadice
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoilt666 View Post
Quote:
Vented idd, like the M4CS
I want that hood/roof
      09-17-2019, 05:33 PM   #51
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Nothing new which we didn't know... Maybe the vented hood, but that is not that special really.

- Performance upgrade is 40hp extra
- Carbon hood, carbon roof, carbon splitter, carbon diffuser, Carbon rear spoiler (like the M4CS)... I don't see this working with a carbon trunk??? I think there is no carbon trunk
- Special brakes with red calipers, gold as an option. These special brakes are carbon ceramics and those are normally gold. The red brakes could be the M Sport brake kit with red brake calipers
- 19" M performance wheels 763m in black, gold as an option
- Limited to 2200 cars
- Available colors: Misano Blue, Alpine White, Hochenheim Silver & Black Sapphire

I am happy I made my own car. I am not fuzzed about this package at all. Only thing I want is the ECU file for the steering, the gearbox and the engine performance.

MR
Appreciate 2
JustChris17423.00
      09-17-2019, 05:56 PM   #52
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgm3 View Post
Sorry... got issue with my smartphone connection. Here are more details on the car :
- 450 hp
- manual gear box, DKG optional
- adaptative suspension
- red caliper sport brakes, carbon ceramic optional
- 763 M wheel gold or black, regular or sport cup tires,no change in tire size
- carbon : hood, roof ,outside mirror, trunk lip, front spoiler lip, rear diffuser, central console, door handle
- chrome m2 cs badge on the trunk
- alcantara on side of the seats and doors like on the M2C, additional alcantara on top of the central console and on the dash board (ipo of the regular or carbon trim). CS embroied on the alcantara dashboard trim
- alcantara steering wheel optional
- M4 competition seat with red stiching and I believe Merino leather (for sure not Dakota). Dashboard and top door panel remain same than on the M2C and therefore imo do not blend well with the finer grain leather
- M performance exhaust
- back seats cannot be folded anymore
- 4 paints only : Alpine White,Misano Blue,Hockenheim Silver and Saphire Black
- Apparently no claim by BMW of any weight saving
- Climate control unit seems a little bit different than on my late 2018 M2C
Was definively not convinced by the combo blue paint /gold wheel/red caliper. Others combo should work better. Also think the large mesh of the carbon roof does not look that nice. The dome of hood is not very noticeable although there is first a side recessed part than an elevation (may be this was due to the light of the room or the paint)
Should definitely be a great car but the base price is high (95 K Euro in Belgium) considering that it is mainly M performance and M4 competition bit and pieces added. Does not really feel unique.
The climate control is the simple version of the dual climate...so the single climate as seen on the M4 CS. HK audio is standard in Belgium and it has the normal speaker set up in the car (not less speakers as with the M4 CS). Also no middle armrest like the M4 CS (with a manual gearbox this could be annoying?). The centre console is nicely made with big "wet" carbon fibre inserts. I asked about the weight of the manual M2 CS and they said it was 1.500kg. I forgot about the Nurburgring time, but they said it was the same as the 981 GT4 (= 7.42min).

The blue paint with the gold wheels and red brakes was not my taste at all (Subaru Impreza style indeed). But still the M2 CS package looked really cool (if you forget about the blue/gold/red color combination). Sadly there is indeed no Mineral Grey color and so I would personally go for everything black. I'm also not a fan of the striking red M sport brakes...but I understand why they are fitted on the M2 CS (because red brakes are different then the silver M2 comp brakes and also red is more sporty like the interior accents )

I must say (besides the shown color) I really liked the look and visual impact of the M2 CS. It's a cool car! Would be even cooler if the rear trunk spoiler would be integrated in the trunk (as like on the M3 CSL). The front CRFP hood with vent opening is a bit tuning for me and did not convince me...but it's functional and on a black car this would no be so obvious to see. Everything else looked really wel and was not over the top for a daily car (besides the blue color of the show car ofcourse). True; the interior has nothing really unique besides the red stitching, M4 CS seats, more "wet" carbon and the normal CS touches as seen in the M4 CS. The CS seats sit really good and are also available in manual adjustment. Coming from a normal M2 it still felt nice and a more special place then in my car. When comparing again to the GT4...the GT4 interior is also not that different or more special then a normal Cayman if you don't spec the clubsport package and bucket seats in a GT4.

IMO the M2 CS is the perfect combination of street <-> track <-> comfort <-> practical. I can not think of another car on the market that has this combination so well balanced. M4/M3 CS are to big in my opinion and no manual gearbox option. GT4 has no rear seats, less practicality, less low profile look then a BMW M. The normal M2 was already a car that had this street <-> track combination nicely judged, but it is still mainly a street car in standard form. The M2 CS is a bit more focused for track without being to extreme for daily street use. The electronic adjustable dampers on the suspension are also a nice addition (no coilovers, so it's not height adjustable). I'm really curious about the oncoming reviews next year.

For me; a "manual" M2 CS would indeed be the perfect all in one car for daily usage and my current track needs...but the price of admission is to pricey for me Limited edition a side; I don't know if the M2 CS is worth that much more money when comparing it to the M2 Comp....? A standard 718 GT4 is indeed about the same money here (a bit more expensive + more tax). But a 718 GT4 would be a second car for me (and I think for most people). With a M2 CS I would not need/want a GT4 anymore and I would have a 2 in one car for all my "car" needs. In a perfect "car" world I would have my current M2 as my daily and a GT4 for track and special moments

As stated we needed to put our phones in bags when viewing of the M2 CS started. I can understand and respect the reason behind this. Out of respect; I did not try to make pictures. IMO that's not nice to do when you are invited on a event and people ask you not to take pictures inside the closed room.

It was a fun event and it was really nice to meet the living M encyclopedia Artemis. Walking around the M2 CS with him and he pointing me out all the details + telling me detailed stuff about the car was a real pleasure.

Last edited by Franzino; 09-17-2019 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 9
Tornado1M1206.00
GimmeanM1448.50
QM287.00
Poochie9099.00
JustChris17423.00
Dackelone10511.00
      09-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #53
cb804
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340 xDrive, M2C

Thanks for the info everyone. When will BMW release photos?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 06:19 PM   #54
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Dear forum fellows,

This message to inform you that earlier this evening, people in charge of the M2 CS preview event in Brussels (BMW Belux) did not authorize me to disclose information about the M2 CS on display.

At the beginning of the event, I reached out to people in charge of this event to ask them whether they would mind that, after the event, I'd post a detailed write-up on Bimmerpost about the M2 CS on display. I ensured that I would not take pictures.

In a courteous conversation they explained that they did not want me to disclose information. They expressed their appreciation that I had reached out to them with my request. One of them gave me his business card.

I understand their point of view and will respect their decision. As a guest with good manners, I am grateful for having had the opportunity to see the M2 CS up close and will abide/observe the host's non-disclosure decision. I will share my thoughts at a later stage (after the official M2 CS release).

Sorry, but it is what it is. Let's respect that.

Cheers,
-A-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Glad you are going Artemis. Always informative and a pleasure to read your posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitt13 View Post
hello Artemis, when do you go to the brandstore ?
I'm present saturday 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Agree! Artemis, take care of yourself. Not sure what we'd do here without you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderpat View Post
Anyway...I appear to have rambled on a bit...sorry if this has come across as a bit of a rant/preach...I suppose it's the anticipation of news from Artemis about the forthcoming car and the potential for a true CSL return in future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Looking forward to reading about your impressions on the 17th Artemis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
My son turns 5 on Tuesday.
Hopefully Artemis and others have some good info to share with the birthday boy .
The +7 hour time difference also helps the excitement .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woots View Post
Come on Artemis...tell me it’s going to be a CSL...will we ever see an ‘L’ again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDuckie View Post
Do we know how much information and in what form the information can be shared?
Any NDA of any sort? Pictures? Verbal explanation?
Quote:
I say no photography / video.
I am sure Artemis will take great notes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post
No offence to the OP
Waiting for Artemis to describe what he saw
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgm3 View Post
No offense taken...Artemis might however have his vision blurred by the champagne, crowd and light show
Quote:
Also waiting for Artemis I have a great OG LBB has every mod possible besides turbo upgrade. I've been waiting for the CS and believe it will be awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitt13 View Post
I do not know if it's the M2 CS who is beautiful.
Or if it's champagne that's good, but it's 23:00 and we still have no news from Artemis ....
Quote:
Yea, the event is over. He must be really enjoying himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Nah, he's just compiling his megapost complete with YouTube music reference and "here, here, here" hyperlinks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzino View Post
It was a fun event and it was really nice to meet the living M encyclopedia Artemis. Walking around the M2 CS with him and he pointing me out all the details + telling me detailed stuff about the car was a real pleasure.
arciga181726.00
VCP1390.00
GimmeanM1448.50
Franzino860.00
as7920594.50
Law6377.00
seis-speed2426.00
GerryM5249.50
bri10425752.50
Dackelone10511.00
ChiTownM1045.50
      09-17-2019, 06:43 PM   #55
Phil-on-Cars
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 335i 6MT, 1M

Thank you Artemis
Also thank you Franzino for your detailed information.

I think a same Nurburgring time of 7:42 as a 981 GT4 is very decent for m2 cs.
Also, if m2 cs is really 1500 kg, imho it would be a huge success, it will be amazing.

bmwusa.com listed 6MT m2c curb weight of 3600 lbs, which is 1633 kg.
I thoroughly test drove an M2C DCT, and I am amazed by it.
Now imagine an M2C minus 130KG, and 40 more hp. Yummy...

I'm just curious how did they take out 130 kg out of m2c to make m2cs?
carbon body bits here and there is like 25kg less? maybe 763 wheel and CCB 10 - 20kg?
Where else did they lose weight? exhaust?

(Lack of ) weight is a deal breaker for me.
Is there anyone else could confirm the weight of M2CS please?
Can you please help me on this one? Artemis
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      09-17-2019, 06:53 PM   #56
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

I'll wait for the CSL thanks. And I am patient 😀
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 06:53 PM   #57
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

can people confirm heated wheel ?

Door straps ?

As wild as it sounds the lack of heated wheel makes the m2comp more attractive for personal needs.

But the upgrades exhaust from the factory is a real treat in my opinion (they usually get a good exhaust note )
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #58
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woots View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Not really impressed to be honest. They just slapped on a bunch of carbon bits and gave it a tune. Still same car with just a tune. No mention in weigh savings? Probably because there is hardly none. Little bit disappointed..
I imagine the active suspension adds some weight to it...?
Word on the street is that Adaptive Dampers are actually lighter than the static suspension. #UnsprungWeight

I wanted an M2 with AS but would hate to sacrifice my Comfort Access and fold-down rear seats but if I had the extra paper, I wouldn't mine having this alpha M2...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #59
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-on-Cars View Post
Thank you Artemis
Also, if m2 cs is really 1500 kg, imho it would be a huge success, it will be amazing.
carbon body bits here and there is like 25kg less? maybe 763 wheel and CCB 10 - 20kg?
All I can say is; I asked about the weight and the info guy said 1.500kg for the manual M2 CS. I don't know if this is dry weight or DIN or EU or how they reduced weight. I once weighted my "low spec" M2 MY17 on a scale and it was also 1.500kg (no sun roof, manual seats, manual gearbox).

Last edited by Franzino; 09-17-2019 at 07:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 07:25 PM   #60
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-on-Cars View Post
Thank you Artemis
All I can say is; I asked about the weight and the info guy said 1.500kg for the manual M2 CS. I don't know if this is dry weight or DIN or EU or how they reduced weight. I once weighted my "low spec" M2 MY17 on a scale and it was also 1.500kg (no sun roof, manual seats, manual gearbox)
The M2C is heavier than your OG M2. And yes dry weight is different!
      09-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #61
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
can people confirm heated wheel ?
Door straps ?
As wild as it sounds the lack of heated wheel makes the m2comp more attractive for personal needs.
But the upgrades exhaust from the factory is a real treat in my opinion (they usually get a good exhaust note )
NO door straps like M4 CS.
Heated steering wheel was not available with alcantara steering wheel option, but did not aks about the leather steering wheel.
We did not hear the exhaust.
      09-17-2019, 07:30 PM   #62
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
The M2C is heavier than your OG M2. And yes dry weight is different!
I know... S55 is + 55KG
I was under the impression the weight in the EU of a M2 Comp is 1.550kg..? So if these numbers are correct and the info guy was also correct, then this would mean the manual M2 CS would have lost 50kg. Sounds realistic.
      09-17-2019, 07:41 PM   #63
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Dear forum fellows,
This message to inform you that earlier this evening, people in charge of the M2 CS preview event in Brussels (BMW Belux) did not authorize me to disclose information about the M2 CS on display.
At the beginning of the event, I reached out to people in charge of this event to ask them whether they would mind that, after the event, I'd post a detailed write-up on Bimmerpost about the M2 CS on display. I ensured that I would not take pictures.
In a courteous conversation they explained that they did not want me to disclose information. They expressed their appreciation that I had reached out to them with my request. One of them gave me his business card.
I understand their point of view and will respect their decision. As a guest with good manners, I am grateful for having had the opportunity to see the M2 CS up close and will abide/observe the host's non-disclosure decision. I will share my thoughts at a later stage (after the official M2 CS release).
Cheers,
-A-
Did anyone sign an NDA for this event? If not, then that is nice of you for asking their preference. If not a detailed review, then maybe something simple. Is this a simple m-performance parts car? Do you think it's worth the asking price? Subjective questions yes, but your opinions carry weight with some forum members.
Appreciate 1
10"4946.00
      09-17-2019, 07:42 PM   #64
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Did the hood have the vents? Previous Posts sounded conflicting.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 09:27 PM   #65
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Dear forum fellows,
Cheers,
-A-
Sad face.

Can you tell us when the official reveal will be?

If its a March product launch then official launch should be somewhat soon, like within the next 6 weeks?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 10:11 PM   #66
lax01
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Parts bin car like the 1M

Cash grab by BMW

Pretty dumb...I'm sure it will, maybe, sell well if they don't price it at $85k

Looks like money might be going towards the C8! Bye BMW?
Appreciate 0