BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > AA EL (non res) Midpipe + Remus Race

04-06-2021, 10:27 AM   #67
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdieGang View Post
Damn this is annoying, ordered the Remus Race combo with AA EL resonated from mike @extreme couple weeks ago, it was supposed to ship by 3rd week in April or beginning of May but I just received email from his assistant this morning. That the Remus race axle back is still 4-6 weeks out & didn’t even mention timetable for the AA mid pipe.. I don’t know how much longer I can wait & will there be another delay in 3 weeks.. How after a year of this Bullshit have manufactures not caught back up from COVID situation
Hi,
the delays are frustrating for sure, unfortunately, they are not unexpected during this time. We work with over 150 brands and most of them have been having inventory issues.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 06:37 PM   #68
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Well, I got the same general email for mid May delivery. But I was expecting it after seeing that. I guess it'll take a while before I can get my Akra mated to this EL midpipe.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 02:07 PM   #69
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Should be getting my AA resonated midpipe and Remus Sport sometime in beginning of July. I can post clips and impressions then. This is my daily and I really don't want drone. Figured it's better to start with resonated and live with a "quieter" setup and order the non res version than to live 2 months with a setup that is too loud while I wait for AA's delivery.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 02:41 PM   #70
Stryyker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 LBB M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post
Should be getting my AA resonated midpipe and Remus Sport sometime in beginning of July. I can post clips and impressions then. This is my daily and I really don't want drone. Figured it's better to start with resonated and live with a "quieter" setup and order the non res version than to live 2 months with a setup that is too loud while I wait for AA's delivery.

These guys have the setup you are going with if you are curious to how it sounds! I too considered going this route but went with non res to pair with a sport muffler. Dont have them yet but figured since the sport has resonators I could skip on the midpipe? Hopefully doesnt drone :/
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 02:53 PM   #71
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryyker View Post
Quote:

These guys have the setup you are going with if you are curious to how it sounds! I too considered going this route but went with non res to pair with a sport muffler. Dont have them yet but figured since the sport has resonators I could skip on the midpipe? Hopefully doesnt drone :/
So I bugged the crap out of those guys and the IG users who supplied the cars. Nice guys who answered all my questions.
The blue M2C is running Remus Sport + EL resonated + catless donwpipes.

This other video below is Remus Sport + EL non res. The owner told me he thought it was a bit too loud but still went ahead and added catless donwpipes :

To this day I haven't found a Remus Sport + EL resonated video.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 03:30 PM   #72
Stryyker
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So I bugged the crap out of those guys and the IG users who supplied the cars. Nice guys who answered all my questions.

This other video below is Remus Sport + EL non res. The owner told me he thought it was a bit too loud but still went ahead and added catless donwpipes :

Oh wow I didnt know that one had catless downpipes. I knew it sounded a bit too raspy for being resonated and all, makes sense. I believe the bottom video however is with the race muffler not sport.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 03:42 PM   #73
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Oh wow I didnt know that one had catless downpipes. I knew it sounded a bit too raspy for being resonated and all, makes sense. I believe the bottom video however is with the race muffler not sport.
It's definitely possible since some posts say Sport but when you dig in you find out it's the race. In his message to me he said non resonated midpipe with Remus sport but he might've meant the entire company "Remus Sport". Anyways, I rather regret it being quiet for a few months and go through the process of selling used and buying new than to live with too loud of a setup for several months and go through the selling process also.

I'm looking for something roughly 30% louder and I hope this setup gives me that.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 04:04 PM   #74
Stryyker
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's definitely possible since some posts say Sport but when you dig in you find out it's the race. In his message to me he said non resonated midpipe with Remus sport but he might've meant the entire company "Remus Sport". Anyways, I rather regret it being quiet for a few months and go through the process of selling used and buying new than to live with too loud of a setup for several months and go through the selling process also.

I'm looking for something roughly 30% louder and I hope this setup gives me that.
Totally agree with you, I cant wait for you to get it. Definitely need to post soundclips when you got it on!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 10:09 PM   #75
Supadice
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So watching the two videos

The first is a Remus Sport with resonated EL Pipes.

Second is Remus Race with non Res EL Pipes...and I'm guessing catless downpipes since they are removing the plate that covers the dp.
      05-27-2021, 10:10 PM   #76
R0me
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 comp

I'm running catless dp, with AA El resonated, and Remus Race. Have a stage 2 tune with no burbles.

It's very raspy around two 2k rpm with closed valves, but it disappears at 3k rpm. But if you give it wot until full boost, and let go of the throttle it will make an extremely loud rasp/buzz, which sounds very cool.
It's somehow generally less raspy with open valves, when cruising around town.
With open valves above 3k rpm, it begins to sounds like an v6(r35 gtr), and sounds absolutely mental.

For videos and sounds check my ig profile

https://instagram.com/m2comp_straigh...dium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/COVBgh-p...dium=copy_link
Appreciate 0