BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Scott26

10-11-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
M2 CSL
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Lightweight

Scott26

Does this guy know whats he's talking about?

What has he been right about?

What has he been wrong about?

Why does everyone get all giddy when he posts?

There seems to be so many "insiders" on this forum. Why is he top "insider"?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #2
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

He's a BMW employee in marketing...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 06:16 PM   #3
Spook410
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Infiniti EX35

Scott seems to be a nice enough fellow and I see no reason to doubt that what he shares reflects the blurry fog of information he's exposed to. Just use your own judgement when it comes to information in automotive forums. If you feel compelled to keep score and assess accuracy relative to individual posters you might reconsider your approach to interpreting what's said around here.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 06:32 PM   #4
M2 CSL
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook410 View Post
Scott seems to be a nice enough fellow and I see no reason to doubt that what he shares reflects the blurry fog of information he's exposed to. Just use your own judgement when it comes to information in automotive forums. If you feel compelled to keep score and assess accuracy relative to individual posters you might reconsider your approach to interpreting what's said around here.
I never said he wasn't a nice fellow. he seems to command a lot of respect and I'm just curious as to why when there's so many other people making predictions around here that no one seems to care about.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #5
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

He's been right about many things but also wrong (deliberately perhaps? Conspiracy theorists will argue) many times.

Must notably about a four cylinder M2
Personally I think he's bound in what he can and cannot share on public forums for obvious reasons and therefore he's in my view a propaganda marketer for BMW, no more no less.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 07:39 PM   #6
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Why not move in first, read for yourself before posting such a ridiculous / baseless thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummm2 View Post
Does this guy know whats he's talking about?

What has he been right about?

What has he been wrong about?

Why does everyone get all giddy when he posts?

There seems to be so many "insiders" on this forum. Why is he top "insider"?
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2015, 07:43 PM   #7
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
He's been right about many things but also wrong (deliberately perhaps? Conspiracy theorists will argue) many times.
Must notably about a four cylinder M2
Personally I think he's bound in what he can and cannot share on public forums for obvious reasons and therefore he's in my view a propaganda marketer for BMW, no more no less.
Cut him some slack. It makes perfect sense that a 4-cyl M2 was in the works in the past, but that in the end the choice was made for a 6-cyl. If the info was accurate around the time that it was posted, you cannot call it wrong info simply because the final product doesn't feature it. We know that development is an evolutionary process. And you know what, I wouldn't be dumbfounded should the M2 CSL sport a 4-cyl.

Here's a post where SCOTT26 addressed the topic last January (ignore what he says about the M2 getting a CF roof and 18" wheels):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
When I report I always add not finalised or under discussion on some threads because it is under conception. I am not 100% correct all the time! but at that time what I hear is the decision , discussion etc at that point in time.
Of course not everything is the final decision and that things agreed on a Friday morning could be undone by Monday afternoon.
Some posts are marketing because of the decisions made and the reasons for doing so.
At that specific time I only knew M3 and M4 were in launch colors for the NAIAS. When I saw the black one I thought it would raised on a platform in the same way BMW do for International auto shows.
Back to the M2. Based on initial sketches.
You will know an M2 as it will be very different from an M235i in its stance and muscular bodywork.
The appearance leads on from the M235i Race car , typical facia with upturned central intake , aerodynamic spoilers around the outline of the brake intake with additional air curtain. The breather on the front wing will occupy the full length.
There is a wider track so both front and rear arches will be pronounced to accommodate 19" wheels. Although 18" will be offered.
Signature quad M exhaust ports with aerodynamic developed diffuser and a double edged Carbon fibre roof will be standard.
      10-11-2015, 07:48 PM   #8
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Slack? You have to way to much time on your hands...

The guy just joined and this is a really bad start !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Cut him some slack. It makes perfect sense that a 4-cyl M2 was in the works in the past, but that in the end the choice was made for a 6-cyl. If the info was accurate around the time that it was posted, you cannot call it wrong info simply because the final product doesn't feature it. We know that development is an evolutionary process. And you know what, I wouldn't be dumbfounded should the M2 CSL sport a 4-cyl.

Here's a post where SCOTT26 addressed the topic last January (ignore what he says about the M2 getting a CF roof and 18" wheels):
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 08:21 PM   #9
M2 CSL
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
Why not move in first, read for yourself before posting such a ridiculous / baseless thread!

How is my thread baseless when I'm not even arguing anything? I'm asking questions. I'm not going to dedicate hours upon hours fact checking the guy and reading several year old posts partly because I really don't care that much and partly because I was hoping to get some info from people like you that have a seemingly endless amount of time to do such things despite your best efforts to argue otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 08:28 PM   #10
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

He's the BMW social media hype machine that isn't always right. Take everything with a grain of salt. Patience is key too.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #11
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Ummm is too... How about the thread title alone...

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/searc...rchid=41283312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummm2 View Post
How is my thread baseless when I'm not even arguing anything? I'm asking questions. I'm not going to dedicate hours upon hours fact checking the guy and reading several year old posts partly because I really don't care that much and partly because I was hoping to get some info from people like you that have a seemingly endless amount of time to do such things despite your best efforts to argue otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 10:08 PM   #12
TselaG80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SMB G80 M3 X-Drive

I think everyone is just getting very very anxious for this car to be revealed already!!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 10:08 PM   #13
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

There are numerous cars or projects he has been wrong about, still waiting on that X3M. He is the internet hype machine.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2015, 11:25 PM   #14
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
I think its kinda cool that someone if he/she is a employee of BMW is actually taking there time to post on a forum like this.

They ain't getting paid for that work are they now? :P I don't know my self i joined back in 2014 when i found out about this forum.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2015, 06:36 AM   #15
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Good guy for us, helpful info and insight.

Some people seem to find it hard to grasp that not every snippet of internal info materialises into a production car or that not every bit of info is always 100% in accuracy.

Think of his info as a guide and him a nice chap you'll be fine.

Take anyone's word on Bimmerpost as gospel, whoever they are, and that would be foolish.

Aint production till its on your dealers systems. Fact (ish).
      10-12-2015, 06:54 AM   #16
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719
He's a BMW employee in marketing...
Is this statement even correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 07:19 AM   #17
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

If BMW scoops were exhaust gases, then SCOTT26 operates - to some extent - as wastegate, operated by BMW.

I can't speak for you, but I appreciate his input.

Name:  Scott26_Presentation.jpg
Views: 3215
Size:  227.9 KB
      10-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #18
RLBB
Private
Rep
Drives: 118d

Quote:

There was never a plan for a four cylinder M2. EVER! Don't even know why he would have said that. Development for M2 started really about 18 months ago.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 09:52 AM   #19
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
If BMW scoops were exhaust gases, then SCOTT26 operates - to some extent - as wastegate, operated by BMW.

I can't speak for you, but I appreciate his input.
Are you suggesting that is SCOTT26 on the picture?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 10:03 AM   #20
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLBB View Post
There was never a plan for a four cylinder M2. EVER! Don't even know why he would have said that. Development for M2 started really about 18 months ago.
They investigated it as they do on every business case, which is why we are getting the X1 M Performance using the same conceptual idea of a 300 PS + 4 Cylinder.

Oh an all. I don't ask to be considered to be the Messiah as some has portrayed me to be. I am not even a naughty boy!
I have repeatedly made my points clear on certain matters which you can find listed in this thread. Let this be the end of such unneeded discussion or I will smite thee by asking my bosses to introduce the Active Tourer/Gran Tourer to the US or even better put forward a case for the Active Tourer M.
      10-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #21
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
They investigated it as they do on every business case, which is why we are getting the X1 M Performance using the same conceptual idea of a 300 PS + 4 Cylinder.

Oh an all. I don't ask to be considered to be the Messiah as some has portrayed me to be. I am not even a naughty boy!
I have repeatedly made my points clear on certain matters which you can find listed in this thread. Let this be the end of such unneeded discussion or I will smite thee by asking my bosses to introduce the Active Tourer/Gran Tourer to the US or even better put forward a case for the Active Tourer M.

Literally LOL'd at that last sentence.

Not gonna say much but to me, anyone who contributes like Scott and some of the other insiders here, are greatly appreciated.

In the case of following the introduction of the mighty M2, I for one think that any info is better than no info. A lively forum is better than a dead forum
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #22
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:

Oh god no dont let that thing spread imagine US soccer moms driving bimmers thinking its chrysler vans
Appreciate 0