BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Richland Forged

06-30-2021, 02:54 PM   #243
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2c.bih View Post
No but if 285/35 is the way to go too that's fine as well. Haven't looked at rear fitment as much so just assumed 295/35 would fit fine like 295/30.

265/285/35 is good with me, thanks. More worried about front fitment on stock suspension, no camber
Stock OD front and rear are 25.8 & 26.3, which makes the rake .5".

Stock TW difference is .6, but in a perfect world it would have been 1" since that's the difference in wheel width.

I prefer to stick as close to those specs as possible.

The combo's I like on 9.5 & 10.5 are:

245/35 • 265/35
255/35 • 275/35
265/30 • 285/30 (my first choice)
265/30 • 295/30

275's for the front start to get difficult, as well as 35 series for the rear that are wider, like the 285/295. The 295/35, for example, has a massive 27.1 OD.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 10:01 AM   #244
Rapture1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C

Garage List
2018 Audi TTRS  [8.00]
2017 Porsche C4S  [9.50]
2011 BMW 1M Coupe  [10.00]
2007 Audi RS4  [5.50]
2004 VW R32  [6.50]
2021 M2 Competition  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture1 View Post
Here you go. If I'm understanding correctly, my rears are like your fronts and the fronts are pretty square.

I haven't had a chance to put tire dressing on after ceramic coating the wheels, and need to get that done.
I think I forgot to post back to this and tell you that I figured out why the PS4S 285/30 sidewall looks like that. It's smaller than it should be compared to the 265/30.

The 265/30's TW is 244mm and the front wheel is 241mm, so 3mm of [COLOR="Red"]bulge[/COLOR].
The 285/30's TW is 249mm and the rear wheel is 267mm, so 18mm of [COLOR="Blue"]stretch[/COLOR].
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture1 View Post
Here you go. If I'm understanding correctly, my rears are like your fronts and the fronts are pretty square.

I haven't had a chance to put tire dressing on after ceramic coating the wheels, and need to get that done.
I think I forgot to post back to this and tell you that I figured out why the PS4S 285/30 sidewall looks like that. It's smaller than it should be compared to the 265/30.

The 265/30's TW is 244mm and the front wheel is 241mm, so 3mm of [COLOR="Red"]bulge[/COLOR].
The 285/30's TW is 249mm and the rear wheel is 267mm, so 18mm of [COLOR="Blue"]stretch[/COLOR].
Ahhhh, thanks. I have to say, I like them quite a bit.
      07-07-2021, 08:06 PM   #245
richlandforged
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F13 M6, E70 X5d, e46 330ci zhp

This set of custom Brushed "Double" Tinted Bronze M2 spec 19x9.5 ET25, 19x10.5 ET44 available for immediate shipping! 🥉🥉🥉 Contact for details info@richlandforged.com
Attached Images

08-02-2021, 05:43 PM   #246
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Post wash & tire dressing - competition gold on mineral grey

I'm really starting to love the CG on MG combo. Getting Fortune Auto 500 Series coilovers. About 6 weeks from delivery. I'll post more pics once car is lowered & I get rid of that wheel gap.
Attached Images

2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 2
      08-02-2021, 10:23 PM   #247
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlandforged View Post
This set of custom [SIZE="4"]Brushed "Double" Tinted Bronze[/SIZE] M2 spec 19x9.5 ET25, 19x10.5 ET44 available for immediate shipping! 🥉🥉🥉 Contact for details info@richlandforged.com
Looks deliciously evil…that concavity

When you say, M2 spec, I take it it isn't meant to clear the CCBs the M2C is sporting?

Per our DM thread, I'm in the market for a 763M style rim, in tinted bronze, wondering if these will fit my M2C
      08-06-2021, 12:16 AM   #248
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Fellas…

I need some insight/advice, as this hasn't really happened to me before: I know what I want and usually just go for it. However, the FF GT4 look differently depending who is posting them: some are lighter, darker, deeper, etc. I can't seem to decide which colour to select to objectively 'better' match my Hockenheim.

I have ruled out:

- anything dark as they 'lose' themselves into the wheel well. So no Matte Black, Piano Black,
- hyper silver is too 'light', and too common of a colour generally speaking
- competition gold seems too yellow, flashy

(Not trying to offend anyone who prefers these choices, my opinion only).

Ideally, I would prefer the OEM Frozen Gold, but not at > 4 grand, so they are out. Thus I am leaning towards the Brushed Tinted Bronze as the closest to frozen gold, is the least flashy, elegant and understated, yet different.

Thoughts anyone? I know this is a very personal choice, and no one can really choose for me - but I reached analysis paralysis looking at the website and here trying to best choose. Last thing I want is to choose the wrong colour and then absolutely hate it…then deal with selling them, and likely lose some $ as a result.

TIA
      08-06-2021, 06:48 AM   #249
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_curebimmer View Post
Fellas…

I need some insight/advice, as this hasn't really happened to me before: I know what I want and usually just go for it. However, the FF GT4 look differently depending who is posting them: some are lighter, darker, deeper, etc. I can't seem to decide which colour to select to objectively 'better' match my Hockenheim.

I have ruled out:

- anything dark as they 'lose' themselves into the wheel well. So no Matte Black, Piano Black,
- hyper silver is too 'light', and too common of a colour generally speaking
- competition gold seems too yellow, flashy

(Not trying to offend anyone who prefers these choices, my opinion only).

Ideally, I would prefer the OEM Frozen Gold, but not at > 4 grand, so they are out. Thus I am leaning towards the Brushed Tinted Bronze as the closest to frozen gold, is the least flashy, elegant and understated, yet different.

Thoughts anyone? I know this is a very personal choice, and no one can really choose for me - but I reached analysis paralysis looking at the website and here trying to best choose. Last thing I want is to choose the wrong colour and then absolutely hate it…then deal with selling them, and likely lose some $ as a result.

TIA
I think the brushed bronze would look mega. You should try to see if someone can photoshop that look for you to see if you'd like it
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2021, 08:24 AM   #250
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
However, the FF GT4 look differently depending who is posting them: some are lighter, darker, deeper, etc. I can't seem to decide which colour to select to objectively 'better' match my Hockenheim.
This is a common problem with every wheel picture, and it comes down to the weaknesses in cameras and photographers. Trust me, I do it for a living and find it quite difficult still to this day to capture the true "feel" of a wheel with regards to color and reflection, and it ALWAYS requites some fiddling after the fact. Camera's just suck compared to the eye.

The ONLY way you are ever really going to know what these finishes look like is to actually see them on your car in all lighting situations and times of day, everything else is just a single moment in time, like your peak HP.

My take on HS is that it needs some contrast, so picking a wheel that's a bit darker or lighter than you think it should be is the ticket, otherwise you can really dull the car by choosing a medium-finish (dull) wheel.
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2021, 09:43 AM   #251
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
However, the FF GT4 look differently depending who is posting them: some are lighter, darker, deeper, etc. I can't seem to decide which colour to select to objectively 'better' match my Hockenheim.
This is a common problem with every wheel picture, and it comes down to the weaknesses in cameras and photographers. Trust me, I do it for a living and find it quite difficult still to this day to capture the true "feel" of a wheel with regards to color and reflection, and it ALWAYS requites some fiddling after the fact. Camera's just suck compared to the eye.

The ONLY way you are ever really going to know what these finishes look like is to actually see them on your car in all lighting situations and times of day, everything else is just a single moment in time, like your peak HP.

My take on HS is that it needs some contrast, so picking a wheel that's a bit darker or lighter than you think it should be is the ticket, otherwise you can really dull the car by choosing a medium-finish (dull) wheel.
Thanks mate…I figured as much that it is a challenge to capture the true colours, is light/camera/skillset dependent. I especially appreciate your insight as a photographer professional!

Like all of their choices, the double tinted bronze that Richland Forged posted above looks sweet, dark & rich, having a 'deep candy' brilliance. Likely it'd look good on a HS, hard to say assuredly, that is why I'm leaning towards Tinted Bronze as the safer choice…

This thread is of decent size, but I can't recall what most HS owners chose for their RFGT4 rim colour.
      08-06-2021, 10:24 AM   #252
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks mate…I figured as much that it is a challenge to capture the true colours, is light/camera/skillset dependent. I especially appreciate your insight as a photographer professional!

Like all of their choices, the double tinted bronze that Richland Forged posted above looks sweet, dark & rich, having a 'deep candy' brilliance. Likely it'd look good on a HS, hard to say assuredly, that is why I'm leaning towards Tinted Bronze as the safer choice…

This thread is of decent size, but I can't recall what most HS owners chose for their RFGT4 rim colour.
RF has samples that they send out as well, $45 and I think you have to send them back, but it's worth it if you're spending this kind of money IMO. You have to be careful with their color names, as some don't properly imply the color tint they have to them.
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2021, 10:26 AM   #253
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Quote:
Fellas…

TIA
LOL VC mentioned the samples at 11:24 as I was writing my response. LOL

RF wheels take a while 6-8 weeks & most likely 8. The sages say because of the wait, you can sell them new/unused to someone else interested in RF wheels & is not too keen on the wait.

And I am pretty sure they can tint a color - eiither one layer or 2. Not sure if they'll do that on every color, but I've seen RF reply to folks that they will apply tint if asked. So, for example, if you like hypersilver, but it's a little too bright, do a single or double tint.

2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies

Last edited by MASHCT; 08-06-2021 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 12:28 PM   #254
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Thanks gents for humoring my colour indecisiveness !

I reached out to Lyle @ Richland Forged…I am impressed with his timely & professional responses, so definitely I am very comfortable ordering from him!! He sent me some sample pictures to further assist…which I am including here in case someone else is on the fence like me

- first picture (alone rim) = brushed tinted bronze in daylight
- the 2nd one shows samples of regular tinted bronze (left) and double tinted bronze (right). Photo is taken outside in daylight, and to me at least, the regular tinted bronze looks more like silver rather than bronze. Notice the contrast of the regular tinted bronze between 1st and 2nd shot (both are outside)
- last one is from the factory, inside picture w/ 4500k lighting: far left is competition gold, middle one is double tinted bronze, and the ones on the right are regular tinted bronze
Attached Images

FreeDarko217.00
      08-06-2021, 12:32 PM   #255
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Here is another of the regular tinted bronze on a Yas Marina M3
Attached Images

08-06-2021, 12:34 PM   #256
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
I can't remember which color it was, but it had a bronze tint to it and it didn't say anything about bronze in the name, which scared the hell out of me because I didn't want bronze.

At any rate, Lyle is fantastic, and will sort you for sure!
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2021, 12:55 PM   #257
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Thanks gents for humoring my colour indecisiveness !

I reached out to Lyle @ Richland Forged…I am impressed with his timely & professional responses, so definitely I am very comfortable ordering from him!! He sent me some sample pictures to further assist…which I am including here in case someone else is on the fence like me

- first picture (alone rim) = brushed tinted bronze in daylight
- the 2nd one shows samples of regular tinted bronze (left) and double tinted bronze (right). Photo is taken outside in daylight, and to me at least, the regular tinted bronze looks more like silver rather than bronze. Notice the contrast of the regular tinted bronze between 1st and 2nd shot (both are outside)
- last one is from the factory, inside picture w/ 4500k lighting: far left is competition gold, middle one is double tinted bronze, and the ones on the right are regular tinted bronze
I ended up going a different direction on my wheels but I want to say that Richland forged CS was amazing when I was communicating with them. Very quick responses, very informative, I would definitely be very comfortable ordering from Lyle. I am sure I will have a set in the future.
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2021, 09:48 PM   #258
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I can't remember which color it was, but it had a bronze tint to it and it didn't say anything about bronze in the name, which scared the hell out of me because I didn't want bronze.

At any rate, Lyle is fantastic, and will sort you for sure!
I think the Brushed Tinted Dark shows some bronze tones in some pictures that I have seen on the F80 thread.

Which really proves the point that it is hard to judge/select a particular colour based on other members posting, or the RF website.

On the upside, which are many:

- these rims are finished in something special lacquer, sort of a chameleon
- over 1 grand cheaper than OEM
- equal quality as OEM (both are forged)…so they should last a lifetime, and this can be refinished countless times
- have better concavity and offset than OEM, so they will look better/minimize the gap
- because of the wider sizes, can accommodate wider tires as well
- different/unique colour schemes compared to OEM

Negatives??
- seems these rims take ~8 balancing weights…is that a lot?? I think the OEM takes 2-3 per rim
      08-07-2021, 08:17 AM   #259
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
I think the Brushed Tinted Dark shows some bronze tones in some pictures that I have seen on the F80 thread.

Which really proves the point that it is hard to judge/select a particular colour based on other members posting, or the RF website.
Exactly.

Quote:
Negatives??
- seems these rims take ~8 balancing weights…is that a lot?? I think the OEM takes 2-3 per rim
That's usually a tire thing, not a wheel thing (in my experience), but if you're using the same tires, then yeah, you may have a wheel slightly out of balance (rare).

The other negative (for me), and the one that made be buy OEM instead of RF (for now) is the lip. The GT4 is based off of the motorsport wheel, which has the old style lip (for clamp-on weights), and I much prefer the 763M's angled lip with no outer edge. If the GT4 had the new style lip I'd have 2 sets right now.
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2021, 08:30 AM   #260
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

The other negative (for me), and the one that made be buy OEM instead of RF (for now) is the lip. The GT4 is based off of the motorsport wheel, which has the old style lip (for clamp-on weights), and I much prefer the 763M's angled lip with no outer edge. If the GT4 had the new style lip I'd have 2 sets right now.
Yeah, I see the delta…but you're a professional photographer, with a keen eye for such details. Most of us plebeians (i.e. me) haven't even noticed it until you pointed it our earlier in the thread. However, even with the noted lip difference, I will still go with the RF GT4 rims (colour TBD) - their value proposition is 1+1=3 considering all of the key aspects.

Regardless, your insight has been proven helpful to many of us- so thank you!

Cheers!
      08-07-2021, 08:56 AM   #261
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Yeah, I see the delta…but you're a professional photographer, with a keen eye for such details. Most of us plebeians (i.e. me) haven't even noticed it until you pointed it our earlier in the thread. However, even with the noted lip difference, I will still go with the RF GT4 rims (colour TBD) - their value proposition is 1+1=3 considering all of the key aspects.

Regardless, your insight has been proven helpful to many of us- so thank you!

Cheers!
Agreed, the size/weight/finish/quality/value is fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 05:35 AM   #262
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

I would also go RF over 763 mostly because of finish, the choices for oem are not great, I don’t want a black wheel and gold is amazing but too flashy for me. RF hypersilver is probably what what I would have done.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 09:15 AM   #263
21M2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 M2, 20 Macan

Having a black car I didn't want black or gold rims. Love the look on these.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      08-08-2021, 02:14 PM   #264
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21M2 View Post
Having a black car I didn't want black or gold rims. Love the look on these.
Looks sweet @21M2…what colour are these?

Another HUGE & GIVEN benefit of these RF GT4 rims, or anything à la 763M style, is the ease of cleaning…I despise cleaning the 788s, my knuckles get bruised every time despite having proper wheel brushes. It's the primary reason I don't do weekly cleaning, it's such a pain literally and figuratively!