BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > 2 series / M2 rendering

06-25-2021, 05:54 AM   #1
Bmw43
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 BG

2 series / M2 rendering

Hi guys

I have made new renderings of the upcoming 2 series & M2 based on latest spyshots. The 2 series will be presented in 11 days and the rendering should be 99% accurate. What do you think about the overall design and especially the automated slots in the grill?

The M2 though is still heavily camouflaged and leaves still a lot of room for interpretation.

For more follow: https://www.instagram.com/bmw43__/

Cheers!
Attached Images

Last edited by Bmw43; 06-27-2021 at 06:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
(K)1279.50
      06-25-2021, 11:49 AM   #2
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

You need to modify the lower portion of the bumper in your render. Prior to the fugly grilles of the G80/2 all M cars had a distinct design element for their lower front bumper that distinguish them from non-M cars.

Non-M car lower bumper \____/

M car lower bumper /¯¯¯¯\

Appreciate 1
///M TOWN19131.50
      06-25-2021, 12:18 PM   #3
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Something just looks way off about this render. Looks like an SUV with that windshield.

Appreciate 1
///M TOWN19131.50
      06-25-2021, 01:37 PM   #4
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

The render sits too high and narrow

Look at the m2c front view, looks mean and low
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN19131.50
      06-26-2021, 05:41 AM   #5
Bmw43
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
Something just looks way off about this render. Looks like an SUV with that windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post

The proportions are spot on guys. These are completely different camera angles, that's why it looks different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
You need to modify the lower portion of the bumper in your render. Prior to the fugly grilles of the G80/2 all M cars had a distinct design element for their lower front bumper that distinguish them from non-M cars.

I am well aware of that. That's why I've also followed this standard (see green lines).

Cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2021, 06:31 AM   #6
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
I think Noddy will be happy.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2021, 07:37 AM   #7
Shahaf2911
Private
Israel
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw43 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post

The proportions are spot on guys. These are completely different camera angles, that's why it looks different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post

[IMG]https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/auto...?itok=6ku-Ton7[/IMG]

[IMG]https://www.bmw-m.com/content/dam/bm...on-closeup.jpg[/IMG]
I am well aware of that. That's why I've also followed this standard (see green lines).

Cheers!
That's your mistake, you've used a M240 prototype and not a M2 prototype there aren't many closeup pictures of it, but there are plenty of pics you can base your renders on!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2021, 11:15 AM   #8
Bmw43
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahaf2911 View Post
That's your mistake, you've used a M240 prototype and not a M2 prototype there aren't many closeup pictures of it, but there are plenty of pics you can base your renders on!
Why mistake? Do you think I don't know that the camouflaged car is not an M2? The existing spyshots of the M2 do not fit from the angle and the vehicle is significantly better camouflaged and covered with false panels.

And what is the difference between the M240i and the M2 in terms of proportions when you look at it from the front? Vehicle height and width, the rest is exactly the same.

Instead of getting upset that such small details don't match perfectly, you should rather be happy that someone takes the time and provides those renderings for free.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2021, 11:34 AM   #9
Shahaf2911
Private
Israel
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Quote:
Why mistake? Do you think I don't know that the camouflaged car is not an M2? The existing spyshots of the M2 do not fit from the angle and the vehicle is significantly better camouflaged and covered with false panels.

And what is the difference between the M240i and the M2 in terms of proportions when you look at it from the front? Vehicle height and width, the rest is exactly the same.

Instead of getting upset that such small details don't match perfectly, you should rather be happy that someone takes the time and provides those renderings for free.
First of all I was just giving a friendly advise and never said or meant to say something bad about your rendering.. as you've said the height and width of the car aren't the same (plus there are a few other details that you could spot that differentiate them even with all the camo) that you could base your rendering on and make it more proportional and thus look even better
IMO I do think your rendering looks quite nice and you should take each persons comment to grow instead of looking at the feedback as a negative feedback (as it really wasn't).
Either way, push your enthusiasm and always try and take feedback in a good way man!
Appreciate 1
Bmw431188.00
      06-26-2021, 12:27 PM   #10
Bmw43
Private
Rep

Quote:
First of all I was just giving a friendly advise and never said or meant to say something bad about your rendering.. as you've said the height and width of the car aren't the same (plus there are a few other details that you could spot that differentiate them even with all the camo) that you could base your rendering on and make it more proportional and thus look even better
IMO I do think your rendering looks quite nice and you should take each persons comment to grow instead of looking at the feedback as a negative feedback (as it really wasn't).
Either way, push your enthusiasm and always try and take feedback in a good way man!
I already thought that your comment was in no way meant negatively, mine wasn't either. I'm happy to take the feedback and try to do better in the future. Enjoy the weekend, Cheers!
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2021, 01:06 PM   #11
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe you should start charging then.
Appreciate 1
Bmw431188.00
      06-27-2021, 11:38 AM   #12
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:

Cheers!
Both of these lines are the same length. On your render they are the same size in either direction, but on the M2C the lower \ part (see red line) is shorter than the upper / part.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
///M TOWN19131.50
      07-01-2021, 10:27 PM   #13
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Pretty clear that the headlights are indeed gonna look like this (from past spy shot of non-M new 2-series), and I think they're ugly AF. MUCH prefer the outgoing design. As for the rest of the car.. time will tell.
      07-08-2021, 01:11 PM   #14
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

New official 2 series photos have already been released:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...pecs-revealed/

Side note: I think it’s ugly af compared to the prior gen.
Appreciate 0