BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > 2018 M2 OG Cranking not starting issue

11-05-2023, 07:08 PM   #1
Grgstudios
Rep
Drives: E93 LCI 330d & 330i

2018 M2 OG Cranking not starting issue

Any ideas where I should check? Swapped battery and checked front and rear fuse boxes. Plugged scanner in and was getting fuel pressure (14kpa - is this okay?)

Car was in an accident however no bags deployed and the car cranks therefore ruling out the pyrofuse being blown.

See Video
video
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 11:02 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgstudios View Post
Any ideas where I should check? Swapped battery and checked front and rear fuse boxes. Plugged scanner in and was getting fuel pressure (14kpa - is this okay?)

Car was in an accident however no bags deployed and the car cranks therefore ruling out the pyrofuse being blown.

See Video
video
Fuel pressure is really really low. My car retains ~98 psi with the car off, so your fuel pump(s) might be dead - likely the LPFP since the HPFP on these cars are pretty stout. So I would check the LPFP, and I suspect it is not allowing the car to prime the fuel rail.
      11-07-2023, 07:27 AM   #3
Grgstudios
Rep
Drives: E93 LCI 330d & 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Fuel pressure is really really low. My car retains ~98 psi with the car off, so your fuel pump(s) might be dead - likely the LPFP since the HPFP on these cars are pretty stout. So I would check the LPFP, and I suspect it is not allowing the car to prime the fuel rail.
I’m going to double check the pressure readings today, thanks for your comment!

Wasn’t sure what the normal pressure reading was, hopefully its that as it’s an easy fix!
Appreciate 0