BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > ♛ OFFICIAL ♛ HEX Tuning BMW ///M2 ECU Software Release

Closed Thread

03-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #287
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
In California I think any change that is not OEM is illegal, even if it pollutes less than OEM.
^yup!!!

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 03:12 PM   #288
sh_kross
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Long Beach Blue M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
This looks to be right up my alley! Too bad there's no shop in Puerto Rico...

Are there still no videos of the performance of a tuned car yet, I skimmed through the whole thread, but all I find are the M240i/M235i videos. I would like to see an actual M2 video. Also, none of the comparisons show how it performs in Traction/MDM mode or DSC OFF mode. Just Comfort/Sport/Sport+.

Another question, I probably would go for Stage 1 first and once I get the downpipe and intercooler purchase Stage 2. Can you confirm that the software can be flashed between all of the stages and stock at will (I assume with the provided OBD2 cable)?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #289
TT1351
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135, GTS, E30 M3+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh_kross View Post
This looks to be right up my alley! Too bad there's no shop in Puerto Rico...

Are there still no videos of the performance of a tuned car yet, I skimmed through the whole thread, but all I find are the M240i/M235i videos. I would like to see an actual M2 video. Also, none of the comparisons show how it performs in Traction/MDM mode or DSC OFF mode. Just Comfort/Sport/Sport+.

Another question, I probably would go for Stage 1 first and once I get the downpipe and intercooler purchase Stage 2. Can you confirm that the software can be flashed between all of the stages and stock at will (I assume with the provided OBD2 cable)?
All on their website and various posts here.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #290
sh_kross
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Long Beach Blue M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1351 View Post
I already said I skimmed through the whole thread... I didn't find definitive answers to those questions. I also checked their website, and nothing specifically answering that. If I'm thinking of spending my money, I think I'd rather be perfectly certain, rather than speculate from similar questions.

I didn't see any videos of the M2 specifically. I will keep searching, but seeing as the thread has been around for a while, I thought maybe they didn't get around to posting it here or something.

Nowhere is there any mention of the Traction or DSC OFF modes. And I even looked at the video comparisons, and they only address Comfort, Sport and Sport+ modes.

The question about being able to flash back to stock, maybe was answered somewhere. Or I could assume that since you can flash to S2 from S1 and back you should be able to go back to stock... But I don't like to assume and I'd rather be sure.

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 07:33 PM   #291
emargul
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Quote:
I already said I skimmed through the whole thread... I didn't find definitive answers to those questions. I also checked their website, and nothing specifically answering that. If I'm thinking of spending my money, I think I'd rather be perfectly certain, rather than speculate from similar questions.

I didn't see any videos of the M2 specifically. I will keep searching, but seeing as the thread has been around for a while, I thought maybe they didn't get around to posting it here or something.

Nowhere is there any mention of the Traction or DSC OFF modes. And I even looked at the video comparisons, and they only address Comfort, Sport and Sport+ modes.

The question about being able to flash back to stock, maybe was answered somewhere. Or I could assume that since you can flash to S2 from S1 and back you should be able to go back to stock... But I don't like to assume and I'd rather be sure.

Yes, you can flash between the different stages and stock at will. I currently have stage 1 and once I get my intercooler I will upgrade to stage 2.

I'm not sure what your question is about dsc off mode and etc. From my experience with the stage 1 tune, the car feels similar to stock in different modes except a lot faster. VF Engineering did a great job at increasing power, but keeping stock characteristics (you can see the Hex tune dyno plot follows the stock line).
Appreciate 2
      03-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #292
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by emargul View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, you can flash between the different stages and stock at will. I currently have stage 1 and once I get my intercooler I will upgrade to stage 2.

I'm not sure what your question is about dsc off mode and etc. From my experience with the stage 1 tune, the car feels similar to stock in different modes except a lot faster. VF Engineering did a great job at increasing power, but keeping stock characteristics (you can see the Hex tune dyno plot follows the stock line).
You better have more faith in a 3rd party independent dyno curve, which I happened to provide one for VF hex tune Find and check it out.
      03-11-2018, 09:03 PM   #293
emargul
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by emargul View Post
Quote:
Quote:

You better have more faith in a 3rd party (independent) VF dyno curve like I provided Find and check it out.
I found your thread. And unless I misread something, it appears the dyno you posted confirmed VF engineering's advertised gains and plot.

I wish I did a baseline dyno when the car was stock, but once I get the stage 2 tune lll get the car dynoed.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #294
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Gain is there no doubt. Pay attention where power is delivered.
      03-12-2018, 04:47 AM   #295
Lukeni
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
This is sooooo important and nobody seems to care
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 07:20 AM   #296
Spartan King
MOLON LABE
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
According to the posted dyno chart it seems to my untrained eye that the power delivery of this tune mimics a curve similar to stock. Are you saying that is bad or good?
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #297
Gimmethecash
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

He’s saying all the power gains are in the midrange and it tapers to stock levels at redline (and implying that’s not good). Likely this is because the already-maxed hpfp doesn’t have the balls to supply the fueling needs of increased power levels at higher rpm.

I personally love the fat midrange and would rather not have my hpfp crashing (and my car doesn’t go to the track/strip) - I’m at stage 2 and my next mod will be an hpfp upgrade (and probably turbo at the same time, as it will follow closely as the next bottleneck).
Appreciate 4
      03-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #298
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmethecash View Post
He’s saying all the power gains are in the midrange and it tapers to stock levels at redline (and implying that’s not good). Likely this is because the already-maxed hpfp doesn’t have the balls to supply the fueling needs of increased power levels at higher rpm.
Yes, that, and (for Stage TWO) not wanting to spin the turbo outside
if it’s optimal rotational efficiency. These cars are also under-cooled
which is why we have a strong recommendation for intercooler when
upgrading to Stage TWO.

We take a semi-conservative approach on the ///M2 as BMW didn’t
leave much on the table. Additionally, the idea of chasing a peak HP
figure goes against our tuning philosophy as that’s when you end up
forcing compromise and harsher consequences when exposed to less
than ideal conditions.

Independent dyno results are showing that we don’t post “glory runs”
and our customers can expect to meet or exceed our advertised gains
every time. That’s better than a single run 400+ HP dyno plot any day!

Appreciate 4
emargul204.50
///cbrash226.50
harkes1078.00
      03-12-2018, 08:10 PM   #299
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

We've ... got ... Bro's ...
In different area codes ... area codes.
Bro's!

(and maybe some gals too! I definitely saw at least one woman's name in there)

Dallas, TX - Romona, CA - Richmond, VA - Ontario, CANADA

SLC, Utah - Miami, FL - Tampa, FL - Chicago, IL - Newark, NJ

Toronoto, CANADA - Portland, OR

For anyone reading who placed your order between Friday
afternoon, and today at 3:30, your HEX Flash Cable is in
one of those boxes!

We're also back to including stickers in every package, so
new customers will be able to request their sticker color at
checkout. If you already placed an order and see a sticker
color you like more than the one you received
, feel free to
drop us a PM and we'll stick some extras in an envelope for
you at no cost!

Appreciate 2
      03-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #300
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep

Need a hex tuning sticker in my life ///.(white one please )

F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 05:35 AM   #301
Archie Bunker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

I want my own box and sticker. I’m ready to purchase your product. PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 03:44 PM   #302
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Finally got around to doing my flash, had problems getting the data to VF because of my computer hiding the files somewhere neither I nor their support people could find. Now I have reached step 7 of the instructions and it doesn't want to play ball again. Hopefully I will get a call back soon. I am sure all will be ok but I would suggest not embarking on this flash unless you are doing so during business hours and you have a few just in case hours. I seem to be one of only a couple of folks who have had issues so it may not be a concern for you but I wouldn't do this over a weekend.
Appreciate 1
M2guru383.50
      03-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #303
TT1351
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135, GTS, E30 M3+

I too had issues, being a computer caveman did little to help, but we got it done.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 06:38 PM   #304
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Finally got around to doing my flash, had problems getting the data to VF because of my computer hiding the files somewhere neither I nor their support people could find. Now I have reached step 7 of the instructions and it doesn't want to play ball again. Hopefully I will get a call back soon. I am sure all will be ok but I would suggest not embarking on this flash unless you are doing so during business hours and you have a few just in case hours. I seem to be one of only a couple of folks who have had issues so it may not be a concern for you but I wouldn't do this over a weekend.
Update: Mea Culpa, turns out all of my problems were do to my unique issues with my laptop and lack of familiarity with windows as I am a Mac guy where life is so simple. Mike called me and logged into my computer and helped me understand the coding file location and purpose. My first tune was the stock which is where I stumbled a bit after I got off the phone with Mike I was able to flash tune Stage 1 and wow, really brings to life a car that already has a good amount of life. I have driven the M2, M3 and M4 pretty extensively the 3 and 4 always on track during 2 day M school and advanced M so I am very aware of how the S55 and N55 perform differently. I would say the Stage 1 tune closes the gap a fair amount. Waiting on my down-pipe so I can install it, the updated charge pipe and intercooler and flash Stage 2 for the full enchilada. I suspect it will be quite impressive.

Special thanks to Mike and the good folks at VF for putting up with my incompetence and taking the time to fully explain what to do and why.
Appreciate 3
      03-15-2018, 05:42 PM   #305
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep

I'm happy to say this month has been one full year with the stage 2 hex tune with no problems Next Step fmic and charge pipes hopefully I get another 10-15 horsepower more
ThanK you guys @ VF-Engineering FTMFW!!!

Appreciate 5
      03-15-2018, 07:58 PM   #306
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Got my box and stickers today (the right color, too)! Will be attempting the install of the software tomorrow around noon and then installing the CSF FMIC (black) Saturday morning (and summer tires - likely prematurely, but I'll swap if necessary) and then...and then...pure enjoyment!!!! Thanks VF Engineering!!!!
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2018, 08:05 PM   #307
18EM2
Public Last Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 DCT LBB

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2guru View Post
Got my box and stickers today (the right color, too)! Will be attempting the install of the software tomorrow around noon and then installing the CSF FMIC (black) Saturday morning (and summer tires - likely prematurely, but I'll swap if necessary) and then...and then...pure enjoyment!!!! Thanks VF Engineering!!!!
Congrats! I’m guessing stage 2. Might need new rear tires soon
Appreciate 1
M2guru383.50
      03-16-2018, 12:17 AM   #308
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange fever View Post
I'm happy to say this month has been one full year with the stage 2 hex tune with no problems Next Step fmic and charge pipes hopefully I get another 10-15 horsepower more
ThanK you guys @ VF-Engineering FTMFW!!!
How many miles in those 12 months? I know some who drive 2,000 miles in 12 months and some 20,000.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread