BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Warranty Help - Electrics Repairs

09-13-2023, 05:05 PM   #1
Stevieno1
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Warranty Help - Electrics Repairs

I have a 2018 OG M2 which I got earlier this year. I also took a 1 year extended warranty with it.

I have the dreaded 'rear indicator failure' issue. Uneducated, I initially thought this meant the bulb was on the way out. I only later discovered online what the problem is; I've had the issue intermittently for months. I also realised the horn doesn't work properly; it sounds more like a scooter or kids toy car horn sound, it took me a while to realise since you don't use your horn that often.

I'm due my MOT and service next month and as the above weren't causing me major grief figured they'll be covered under warranty and I'll just get everything done at the same time. I've only just realised the warranty states that:

1. Any issues should be reported within 7 days of occurrence
2. You should stop driving the car immediately when issues occur

Obviously I've had the issues longer than 7 days and continued to drive the car. I'm guessing I can't 'lie' and say they occurred in the last week because the indicator errors are probably time stamped in the cars internal logging and they'll know its been existing for months.

Does anyone with any knowledge or experience of warranty claims know if there is anyway I could still get these issues fixed under warranty or am I just going to have to pay up myself?

For reference if it helps, I'm from the UK. Its an EMaC Premium Plus warranty plan.
Appreciate 0