08-07-2016, 11:07 AM   #287
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV861792 View Post
bottom line, for those of us who have already "paid" in full for the car, should be given first preference in repair...
You lost me there, bud. Everyone else has already "paid" for theirs, too. If they still have a loan on the vehicle, it makes no difference to BMW.

You think the guy making payments needs to wait until your car has been fixed? Please.
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2016, 11:42 AM   #288
ILIKEBMW'S
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 528XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
You lost me there, bud. Everyone else has already "paid" for theirs, too. If they still have a loan on the vehicle, it makes no difference to BMW.

You think the guy making payments needs to wait until your car has been fixed? Please.
Im being told, those of us who already paid for the car - and no I paid cash - have to wait ! What i'm saying is I'm paying insurance, taxes, etc. on a car they are advising me not to drive - that was my point.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #289
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV861792 View Post
Im being told, those of us who already paid for the car - and no I paid cash - have to wait ! What i'm saying is I'm paying insurance, taxes, etc. on a car they are advising me not to drive - that was my point.
We know exactly what you meant.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 12:58 PM   #290
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV861792
Quote:

Dealers full of crap. Drive it. You have it better than the people waiting. We (I am in the same boat) have it better than all the rest. Ask gmzanatta , who is paying and still cannot drive it. Go drive it, relax, and be glad you have your car.
      08-07-2016, 03:09 PM   #291
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:
Quote:

Dealers full of crap. Drive it. You have it better than the people waiting. We (I am in the same boat) have it better than all the rest. Ask gmzanatta , who is paying and still cannot drive it. Go drive it, relax, and be glad you have your car.
Yep about to make second payment and still on dealer lot

So trust me princess, I'd kill to be driving it right now, bum diff or not.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 03:37 PM   #292
kylejdavidson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 - LBB, DCT

I just can't for the life of me understand why BMW didn't let people take delivery and fix this when parts were available. Yes, short term easier and cheaper for them to fix at VPC...long term damage to customer base and/or costs to make things right likely outweigh those. I don't think a single customer would be bitching if they had their car and knew they had to bring it in later to get it swapped in a day.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 03:55 PM   #293
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejdavidson
I just can't for the life of me understand why BMW didn't let people take delivery and fix this when parts were available. Yes, short term easier and cheaper for them to fix at VPC...long term damage to customer base and/or costs to make things right likely outweigh those. I don't think a single customer would be bitching if they had their car and knew they had to bring it in later to get it swapped in a day.
The risk of damaging other parts and then having to replace those as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 04:14 PM   #294
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85
Quote:
I don't think so, I think it's more to do with BMW not wanting to have an official recall on their M cars.
Or at least it's got something about having a wide spread recall and the brand image.

Risk has nothing to do with it, in Aus we've all taken delivery of our cars. Eventually when I take it in for its first service I won't be surprised if magically I'm given a new diff at the same time.
The bullshit BMW NA are putting you guys through is amazing, band together, cancel every single order ... I'm sure you'd get answers real fast then.
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2016, 06:38 PM   #295
kylejdavidson
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Well if this is the issue I don't think they'd be allowing those already in possession to continue driving and their priority list would be opposite of what it is now. And they'd be lying about it being merely a noise issue.

Which is entirely possible...nothing would surprise me at this point with how poorly they're handling it.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #296
kylejdavidson
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think so, I think it's more to do with BMW not wanting to have an official recall on their M cars.
Or at least it's got something about having a wide spread recall and the brand image.

Risk has nothing to do with it, in Aus we've all taken delivery of our cars. Eventually when I take it in for its first service I won't be surprised if magically I'm given a new diff at the same time.
The bullshit BMW NA are putting you guys through is amazing, band together, cancel every single order ... I'm sure you'd get answers real fast then.
This seems like the most likely situation. They're doing everything they can to keep this as quiet as possible.

A group letter from a healthy number of owners all signed with production numbers and a promise to walk away if we don't receive adequate answers and a reasonable timeline might get some attention/results.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 07:21 PM   #297
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This seems like the most likely situation. They're doing everything they can to keep this as quiet as possible.

A group letter from a healthy number of owners all signed with production numbers and a promise to walk away if we don't receive adequate answers and a reasonable timeline might get some attention/results.
Walk away, they wont care, they will sell to someone else. BMW also does not have to give anyone a reason or explanation. As I have gotten older and work for a large company, operations of a company is not the publics business. The cars will get fixed and life will go on.
      08-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #298
ILIKEBMW'S
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 528XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejdavidson View Post

I was advised by the local BMW Dealer to go to Consumer Affairs - I sent them an email over the weekend and will follow-up tomorrow. We're all saying the same thing - seems like we know more from these blogs vs. the dealers - pretty funny. I was told the dealership should have never released the car to me; hence the reason why I didn't get a letter in the mail. It's just a bunch of b/s.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 07:23 PM   #299
kylejdavidson
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejdavidson View Post

I was advised by the local BMW Dealer to go to Consumer Affairs - I sent them an email over the weekend and will follow-up tomorrow. We're all saying the same thing - seems like we know more from these blogs vs. the dealers - pretty funny. I was told the dealership should have never released the car to me; hence the reason why I didn't get a letter in the mail. It's just a bunch of b/s.
Curious to see how this goes.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #300
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Walk away, they wont care, they will sell to someone else. BMW also does not have to give anyone a reason or explanation. As I have gotten older and work for a large company, operations of a company is not the publics business. The cars will get fixed and life will go on.
I hope your company doesn't deal with customers ... shocking to think you can expect to tell customers nothing and they should just deal with it.

How many M6, M5, M4, M3 orders need to be cancelled before BMW figures out these cars don't just walk off the showroom floor. Sure the M2 has a strong demand at the moment, but this recall effects all M cars.

I'm really annoyed to read that a dealer is telling someone not to drive their car and warning them it's on them if they do ... what utter bullshit.
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2016, 08:53 PM   #301
kylejdavidson
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agree to disagree. I also work for a large company and this is a very poor way of doing business. Not something that is sustainable unless you have a product completely necessary and with no competition.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2016, 09:12 AM   #302
Namloc
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post

My car is apparently in port in Melbourne tomorrow and now officially "on hold" for delivery until the Diff problem is resolved according to my dealer. No fix in sight for Australian vehicles yet, so it looks like it is a global problem.

I won't be cancelling my order anytime soon but keen to see how quickly BMW resolves the issues and looks after their customers.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #303
BMWPWR
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namloc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post

My car is apparently in port in Melbourne tomorrow and now officially "on hold" for delivery until the Diff problem is resolved according to my dealer. No fix in sight for Australian vehicles yet, so it looks like it is a global problem.

I won't be cancelling my order anytime soon but keen to see how quickly BMW resolves the issues and looks after their customers.
Same with mine
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #304
BMWPWR
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Some info from German forums.

Technical action
07/19/2016

Ausliefersperre - Differential replace 0033990100
F06 F10 F12 F13 F80 F82 F83 F87 (M models)

facts
The rear is potentially affected by a manufacturing defect.

effects
The fins in the rear wear out very quickly. There are massive noises in the rear.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #305
M3JS
Rep
Drives: M2C, E36 M3/4, 330i ZHP, 128i

My SA told me on Friday that although my car is on a boat, - and outside the VINs listed - it too may be affected by the diffy issue. Service manager says they must be checked at the VPC before I get a definitive answer. Anyone else hearing this?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 12:12 PM   #306
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3JS
My SA told me on Friday that although my car is on a boat, - and outside the VINs listed - it too may be affected by the diffy issue. Service manager says they must be checked at the VPC before I get a definitive answer. Anyone else hearing this?
This has been the status quo for a few weeks, they've just done a good job keeping it quiet. The delivery stop is for ALL cars, so they can be inspected one by one to find the faulty parts.

FYI the parts due to Canada for replacements this past Friday have been delayed to Wednesday at the earliest to warehouse, dealers Friday at the earliest.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #307
kylejdavidson
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta
Quote:
This has been the status quo for a few weeks, they've just done a good job keeping it quiet. The delivery stop is for ALL cars, so they can be inspected one by one to find the faulty parts.

FYI the parts due to Canada for replacements this past Friday have been delayed to Wednesday at the earliest to warehouse, dealers Friday at the earliest.
Did they give a reason for the delay?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 12:56 PM   #308
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta
Quote:

Did they give a reason for the delay?
Hahaha suuuuuure.

Same BS as always - nobody knows shit.
Appreciate 1