BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Window Sill Creak Squeak Rattle

04-18-2019, 01:17 PM   #1
O Haiii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tercel

Window Sill Creak Squeak Rattle

O Haiii,

Having frameless windows is sexy and all but with both windows closed all the way up it creaks and squeaks a lot as the chassis flexes. Anyone know of a fix to this? I saw that a lot of guys at e30post posted about this but their doors have window frames and would not be applicable to us. Aside from the front center speaker grill rattle and the door sill creaks this car is rock solid but the creaks are driving me insane! Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 01:19 PM   #2
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Make sure your seals are clean. I don't have creaks or squeaks. Also used gumi fledge since day one to keep my seals soft
Appreciate 1
O Haiii191.50
      04-18-2019, 01:21 PM   #3
Gabhart
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Make sure your seals are clean. I don't have creaks or squeaks. Also used gumi fledge since day one to keep my seals soft
I agree with Gumi Fledge. Good stuff!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 01:26 PM   #4
O Haiii
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for this. Where do you exactly clean? not the rubbery part that touches the window laterally right? is it the guides that the top edge of the window touches when they are closed? And how do you reach up there to clean? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #5
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Haiii View Post
Quote:
Thanks for this. Where do you exactly clean? not the rubbery part that touches the window laterally right? is it the guides that the top edge of the window touches when they are closed? And how do you reach up there to clean? Thanks!
I'm not too sure. Usually I just wipe all the seals on mine with a microfiber cloth every couple months. But then again I've never had squeaks so I'm not exactly sure where it would come from in your case
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
O Haiii
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm not too sure. Usually I just wipe all the seals on mine with a microfiber cloth every couple months. But then again I've never had squeaks so I'm not exactly sure where it would come from in your case
wow you got lucky, mine is bad. If i crack the windows open on both sides car is rock solid
Appreciate 0