BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > My new M2

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-21-2019, 11:18 PM   #1
M2 power
New Member
6
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

My new M2

Hi, guys. I just found a 2017 M2 that has 31500 miles on the car, from a near by BMW dealer. Still has almost 2 years warranty left on the car. M performance exhaust with 4 carbon cab on it, carbon rear diffuser, carbon mirror cover, carbon spoiler and black kidney grill. The dealer asking for 44K and willing to sell the car for 43K. Do you guys think i should pull the trigger on the car? 43K is not bad, but it has 31k miles already. Do you guys think it is too much? I know the exhaust alone with the carbon cover is almost 3500 dollars. Please give me some advice! Thank you guys
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2019, 12:13 AM   #2
ShelJW
Second Lieutenant
332
Rep
292
Posts

Drives: 2018 MG BMW M2
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

I haven't priced out '17 M2's, but if it's in good condition, $46k doesn't sound bad....

You'll still have nearly 2 years of warranty on the car, and so far, it seems the M2's are very well built!

Get it inspected by a different dealership or mechanic.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 03:23 AM   #3
KO7
Private
39
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M2
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

That price seems high to me but it's a different market. I recently got my 2017 in Canada for the equivalent of $37,000 USD with equivalent of 7,000 miles. No accidents or claims, DCT, sunroof, MPE with carbon tips.
Appreciate 2
Thevesh13.50

      03-22-2019, 04:45 AM   #4
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
ddk632's Avatar
United_States
526
Rep
2,632
Posts

Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Aventura, FL

iTrader: (2)

At first glance seems like a fair/ok deal. The mods are basically free money, so it's worth it to factor in when comparing.

Have you seen others around your area, to get a feel for pricing?

As for the mileage, mine (also a 2017) has 37k now and the only issue besides rattles was charge pipe broke around 33k miles. Common, and minor.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 09:49 AM   #5
SConn
Second Lieutenant
SConn's Avatar
United_States
162
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Eastern WA

iTrader: (0)

Seems like a pretty good deal at $43k to me. Just for comparison, I just got an '18 with 8800 miles, MPE exhaust and M performance rear spoiler, ppf in 30% of car for $50k even. KBB valuation was actually more than that at the time.

Currently KBB shows a trade in of $44-48k and a PP of $49-53k for my area.
__________________
2018 LBB M2 LCI
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2019, 09:57 AM   #6
Yvette
Major General
Canada
547
Rep
7,247
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (18)

I would get 18 lci just because lci.
Thats pretty high miles, you can add cf parts later down the road as you drive. Dont get stuck on the car because of the added parts.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 09:59 AM   #7
SConn
Second Lieutenant
SConn's Avatar
United_States
162
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Eastern WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
I would get 18 lci just because lci.
Thats pretty high miles, you can add cf parts later down the road as you drive. Dont get stuck on the car because of the added parts.
I agree about the lci part... It not just for gauges that are easier to see.
__________________
2018 LBB M2 LCI
Appreciate 1
Dabozo560.50

      03-22-2019, 10:52 AM   #8
Jmm_22
Enlisted Member
24
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SConn View Post
Seems like a pretty good deal at $43k to me. Just for comparison, I just got an '18 with 8800 miles, MPE exhaust and M performance rear spoiler, ppf in 30% of car for $50k even. KBB valuation was actually more than that at the time.

Currently KBB shows a trade in of $44-48k and a PP of $49-53k for my area.
I agree. I got a loaded 2018 M2 with full car xpel ppf and ceramic coated body and wheels with 4,600 miles for $51k.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 11:50 AM   #9
TemjinX2
Major
483
Rep
1,404
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M2
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas,NV

iTrader: (0)

if your comparing nation wide its a little high for the miles. Carmax his a 2017 m2 for 44k with 12k miles and they sell cars at full retail price.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #10
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1859
Rep
3,647
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Seems high for the miles, is it CPO?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 02:51 PM   #11
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
2290
Rep
3,867
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
Got to remember that the warranty is 4 years or 50,000 miles which ever comes first. So you only have 18,500 miles of warranty left.

$43,000 is reasonable if you could get them to CPO it. Also extends the warranty to 5 years unlimited miles.

Last edited by DanG; 03-22-2019 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 03:37 PM   #12
M2 power
New Member
6
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Thank you guys so much for the reply! Well, the car is not a CPO, when I test drove the car yesterday I guess I was over excited. Because the car sounds so good, and it is such a fun car to drive. I called the bank today and got a 2.99% rate, ready to go there put the deposit down pick up the car next week. I asked the sales guy to wave the dealers and tag fee, etc and give me a free service at 40K miles, they would not agree with my request. I don't think i asked too much, therefore I am not going to get the car. Since my lease on my current car is not end until May, I still have a month and half to hunt for a better deal, Plus most people here mentioned this is not a very good deal, I am glad i didn't do it.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 04:29 PM   #13
SConn
Second Lieutenant
SConn's Avatar
United_States
162
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Eastern WA

iTrader: (0)

Always nice to have a decision made and move on to whatever was meant to be. Good luck in your search!
__________________
2018 LBB M2 LCI
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 06:12 AM   #14
shredandburn
Enlisted Member
41
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 M Performance Exhaust
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 power View Post
Thank you guys so much for the reply! Well, the car is not a CPO, when I test drove the car yesterday I guess I was over excited. Because the car sounds so good, and it is such a fun car to drive. I called the bank today and got a 2.99% rate, ready to go there put the deposit down pick up the car next week. I asked the sales guy to wave the dealers and tag fee, etc and give me a free service at 40K miles, they would not agree with my request. I don't think i asked too much, therefore I am not going to get the car. Since my lease on my current car is not end until May, I still have a month and half to hunt for a better deal, Plus most people here mentioned this is not a very good deal, I am glad i didn't do it.
Take over my lease on my new '18 M2 AW 6 speed mpe with carbon tips carbon mirrors carbon spoiler winter and summer tires less than 800 miles and immaculate.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST