BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bluetooth audio shows track progression but no sound?

06-30-2019, 02:26 PM   #1
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

Bluetooth audio shows track progression but no sound?

Seems this can be a common idrive problem except I couldn't get it working again for love nor money when before it did work.

So linking to my phone via bluetooth the visual indicator bar shows the song is playing and progressing but no sound comes out.

Tbh I'm considering this 'as an in' to get a full iStep update whilst my car is still in warranty.

Any ideas?

I've tried getting the phone to forget and then reconnect to no avail.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 06:08 PM   #2
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
Seems this can be a common idrive problem except I couldn't get it working again for love nor money when before it did work.

So linking to my phone via bluetooth the visual indicator bar shows the song is playing and progressing but no sound comes out.

Tbh I'm considering this 'as an in' to get a full iStep update whilst my car is still in warranty.

Any ideas?

I've tried getting the phone to forget and then reconnect to no avail.
What type of phone? I have the same issue, along with a few other people. No one has found a solution with. One guy, the dealer kept his car for a number of days or weeks and they didn't figure it out either.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 06:45 AM   #3
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep

Pixel 2XL
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 11:53 AM   #4
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
Pixel 2XL
That's the same phone I have and I have the same problem and never found a solution. I even went to other cars at the dealership and both me and the sales rep couldn't get audio to work. I gave up.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 12:18 PM   #5
dtmurf
Captain
Rep

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
If I understand the issue, I have this problem with an iPhone 7. I usually play podcasts and I'll be listening to one and everything is fine (I have to max out the volume but whatever). I'll make a stop for some reason and when I get back in the car, the Audio will not 'pick up'. The podcast graphic will be shown on the screen but no sound. I find if I select another source and play a little content, so lets say FM radio and let if play 5 seconds of whatever, and then re-select my phone, it will play the audio just fine. Not ideal but it works.