BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > #1 on M2 CS Waitlist

04-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #45
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMMan View Post
I will not be that guy trading in my new M2C for the CS just bc I have to have the latest greatest. Mark my words the CS properly equipped will be at least $80k. 445 hp for $80k is a bit high in today’s performance car market. What makes the M2C a special and sought after car is bc what you get for $60k
Well equipped the M2CS will be well in the $80k range. Not cheap, but I suspect it will be an easier pill to swallow than a $105k+ M3/M4CS. The reported manual option will help sell the driver focused M2CS.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 10:07 PM   #46
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Pricing is going to be interesting for sure. BMWNA is reeling from the pricing on the M3 CS at the moment as their expected customers simply rejected the car priced at MSRP. Many were turned off by the elimination of items that essentially had almost no weight like comfort access. In any event after a few months of massive incentives, there is still a large unsold inventory of M3 CS' here. $20k off MSRP is not uncommon apparently, and there have been some crazy lease rate offers too (i.e. cheaper to lease a $105k M3 CS than a $65k M2C).
Yep - they've got a beautiful LRG M3 CS at my dealer, and it was just under 20K off the last time I was there...I am sure the M2C is going to be pricey - my guess has been 80-85K, which is probably too much for what we are going to get.
I was eyeballing that one. Sat in it with the SA for a little while. Couldnt justify the AUTOMATIC. Other than that she almost came home with me. (the car not the SA)
btw, that one is gone, the M4CS remains.
      05-12-2019, 10:10 AM   #47
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
#1 in line for CS but....any thoughts?

I am currently #1 in line for CS at two local dealerships. 1/26/18 CS at MSRP at one dealership and 4/24/18 CS at MSRP at another dealer.
We will see if these documents hold water or not. I will not hold my breath.
Fact remains, if the price is too high, I will walk away. As I have said in other posts, $82K or higher and I will jump to a GT4(I also have a deposit and a name on a list for that)
Now, if they miraculously bring back Mineral Grey, I would be tempted to pay a price for the M2... but that isn't going to happen.

Either way, I am passing on the M2C. My SA has a H.Silver manual in stock and I can't do it. Lack of desirable paint options, lackluster wheels, and that sound... I have driven both the OG and the COMP so I understand and recognize the difference but from what I felt, in my minimal time in both, was that the extra power was nice, not needed, but nice. The suspension felt smoother and tighter at the same time... if that is possible, but I DID NOT LIKE THE SOUND at all. I actually felt embarrassed at a stop light or two .
I had a car in the past that I can now look back at and say "yes i bought the wrong exhaust" I did not like that feeling. To me, sound is very important.
The CS will probably still have the subpar sound but if the car is special enough, it could be overlooked.

I was toying with another idea as well...
If the CS costs too much(opinion), I may try to pick up a mineral grey LCI. The sound and color alone is ALMOST enough to over look the S55 and other subtle upgrades.
I would undoubtedly tune and upgrade turbos/exhaust/wheels and would undergo some weight cutting measures. I WANT the CS wheels, the M2 COMP wheels certainly underwhelm!
Both the CS and GT4 are only alive in rumors so there is much time to contemplate. Luckily I am in no real hurry.
In the meantime I will do more research on Dinan and other tuners just in case!
Happy trails and fishtails!!

p.s. I don't mean to hate on anyone's else's opinions... this is my first BMW purchase so I don't have any preconceived notion of OG vs COMP bias. I have been a long time outsider looking in and i truly appreciate reading what everyone else has to say. I spend a lot of time reading your posts. Thanks for keeping this community on the up and up. Stay classy!
      05-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #48
gsrbri
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT

I'm sure it will be a great car.

I decided to build my own CS and put the $ where it counts. My estimate is it cost me approx $40k beyond the M2 price.
Appreciate 2
mtoosexy723.00
Ian ///M491.00
      05-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #49
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, MK8 R, RS6 Avant

I’ve considered the CS, mostly due to all the carbon bits. But I am looking at upgrading my gt4 to a 991.2 gt3 instead.

If this is just your weekend/track car and you don’t need back seats, try to get your hands on the gt4. There’s a lot of hype around the 718 so factor in ADM to the purchase but I believe it will be an amazing car. I love my 981, just wish it was faster. The new version will have a nice power bump, if they also fix the long gearing it will be the best sports car for the money out there.
Appreciate 2
mtoosexy723.00
Ian ///M491.00
      05-12-2019, 06:28 PM   #50
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, MK8 R, RS6 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
The GT3 and GT2 cars can be hard to get but the GT4 was not hard to get the first time around. I had no problem getting a PTS GT4 at sticker and I wasn't on a list. But don't be surprised if M2 CS supply/demand is drastically different than it was for the M3 CS and M4 CS. Time will tell.
Congratulations? Just because you found it easy doesn’t mean everyone will. If that was the case, the cars wouldn’t hold the values they do - including the GT4. There’s much more hype around the 718 and several dealers have told me they are tightening the reigns on allocations. But you are in the US, market is a lot different from here so what do I know
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 12:39 PM   #51
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Agree with you, ma’am! The Porsche GT# cares are considerably more difficult to obtain, though.
This seems to be the case with my experience as well. You basically have to be an existing client of a GT to get a new GT. They cycle through the list of existing clients first with their limited allocations. Then basically not a whole lot left for the non-clients. The M cars allocations appear to be less exclusive.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #52
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

I am #2 on a list where I bought my current M2C. Like others, price will determine if I use my right of refusal. We all pretty much know what the CS will have: carbon roof, 450+/-HP, 763 wheels, suspension tweaks, hopefully a few more light weight goodies, etc. It'll be a very hot car for sure, but will it be worth the cost of admission.

I am also on a Porsche Spyder list ~ with the detuned GT3 engine. Again, final price will determine if I'm in. However, I admit I am willing to pay up to $30k more for the CS over the Spyder. All said, I am content with my M2C. If I keep this car, I will likely go the next step and add BMW coil-overs, exhaust and a carbon diffuser.

Last edited by devo; 05-22-2019 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 01:17 AM   #53
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I am #2 on a list where I bought my current M2C. Like others, price will determine if I use my right of refusal. We all pretty much know what the CS will have: carbon roof, 450+/-HP, 763 wheels, suspension tweaks, hopefully a few more light weight goodies, etc. It'll be a very hot car for sure, but will it be worth the cost of admission.

I am also on a Porsche Spyder list ~ with the detuned GT3 engine. Again, final price will determine if I'm in. However, I admit I am willing to pay up to $30k more for than the CS for the Spyder. All said, I am content with my M2C. If I keep this car, I will likely go the next step and add BMW coil-overs, exhaust and a carbon diffuser.
Devo, what dealers in Atlanta are you using? I may have to expand my search to Atlanta as well.
Appreciate 0