BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > M2C - Bluetooth Issues

02-05-2019, 08:37 PM   #1
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Question M2C - Bluetooth Issues

Recently, my BT seems to be having issues already. The system seems to have issues connecting. It would keep trying until the infotainment system reboots. It would reboot a few times to the point it resets everything back to factory settings. Will be heading back to the dealer for a check. Wondering if it just needs a software update or a full module replacement. Anyone else having issues? TIA. Attached a picture below for your time.

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 12:01 PM   #2
urke85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M Competition

Hi

Did you sort the problem?
I have the sam problem to, when i listen music sudenly i lose conection with bluetooth, and i need to find my phone on idrive and connect again...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:13 PM   #3
2PUTT
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by urke85 View Post
Hi

Did you sort the problem?
I have the sam problem to, when i listen music sudenly i lose conection with bluetooth, and i need to find my phone on idrive and connect again...
not really. it has happened a bunch of times already. it has not happened for the past couple of weeks now. i paired my iPhone X as a phone only and no CarPlay. it seems to be stable in this setting. also, i stopped using the wireless charger since the last time i used it, my phone actually drained instead of charged and it was running very hot when i took it off. i just use the USB in between the front cupholders. i plan to take the car in for service in a couple of weeks. i will have them check.
Appreciate 1
urke8511.50
      04-30-2019, 09:11 AM   #4
2PUTT
Captain
Rep

i have heard that scanning the car for infotainment issues takes longer than replacing the module. 9/10 times there is usually an issue and they replace it under warranty. i will post updates...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 03:15 PM   #5
2PUTT
Captain
Rep

Update from the dealer. They found lots of instances of the unit crashing. Dealer approved the replacement of the module under warranty.
Appreciate 0