BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > LCI cluster gauge issue - cruise control

01-30-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
Alessandr0
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

LCI cluster gauge issue - cruise control

Hello,

this might be happening to others..jsut in case BM are aware of it its in their database... When using cruise control above 100km/h the green marker (marking what speed is "locked" to cruise) seems to display randomly on the speedometer. It happens more often above 100km/h and it always about 5km/h off under that.

In the picture, my speed is 140km/h (cruise control) but green marker marking just above 60.... when increasing the cruise speed the middle of the cluster indicating speed will go up to 150 but the green marker will go up to 70...

Anyhow, bought it to the dealer, they "plugged it in" and couldnt see the fault, said there was nothing wrong so i showed them this picture amongst others so they agreed to go try it on the motorway and witnessed the same issue. After some research in their european database seems its a fault in the instrument cluster which will be replaced under warranty end of the month. My car was delivered last week of DECEMBER and they seem to think its a known fault which will be recalled as costumers request it....

Strange... any how they didnt confirm this was the issue but are going to try this as a first option.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 02:57 PM   #2
mjsaville
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LLB - Arrived 4th Mar 2017

This new digital display is causing nothing but troubles. Real shame really as it does look good. Hopefully they get things sorted out pronto....

MJ
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2018, 12:11 AM   #3
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsaville View Post
This new digital display is causing nothing but troubles. Real shame really as it does look good. Hopefully they get things sorted out pronto....

MJ
It's not digital

But in the US / Canada, we had a "recall" of sorts that involved having the software re-flashed on the cluster. I wonder if Europe may just need the same repair?
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0