BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Question regarding how allocations are supposed to work

07-11-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
Xensane
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp

Question regarding how allocations are supposed to work

Hey Everyone!

So the M2C will be my first BMW and the first time I've dealt with getting an allocation and going through the ordering process.

I've been keeping up with the M2C allocation tracker thread and read some guides regarding how this process works.

I have a deposit at my dealer for their 3rd allocation of 3 they have so far. I've asked if they have a build week or production number a couple of times and all they tell me is it'll be October/November. Is there any reason they don't have a production number and/or build week? Is my excitement/impatience getting the best of me?

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 11:17 AM   #2
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xensane View Post
Hey Everyone!

So the M2C will be my first BMW and the first time I've dealt with getting an allocation and going through the ordering process.

I've been keeping up with the M2C allocation tracker thread and read some guides regarding how this process works.

I have a deposit at my dealer for their 3rd allocation of 3 they have so far. I've asked if they have a build week or production number a couple of times and all they tell me is it'll be October/November. Is there any reason they don't have a production number and/or build week? Is my excitement/impatience getting the best of me?

Thanks for the help!
Ask them if you have an allocation yet. They may have received 0,1 or 2 allocations for this quarter. That would mean that you don't have one yet. If you have an allocation then they should be able to provide your with a production number.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Ditto on what he said. Ask for an production number. If you don't have a production number, you don't have an allocation. They may well have an October allocation build but then they would give you that production number. Once you have the production number, call bmw genius and get your build week if they won't tell you. Also, if you have a production number ask for your Vehicle Inquiry Report (VIR) to confirm your build, production number, and that your name is on it.

Lastly, no way they have a November allocation as those allocations for Q4 haven't been released yet. That is suspicious to me.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
Xensane
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp

Thanks for the info guys!

As of Thursday last week (when I gave my deposit for the allocation) they said the computer system wasn’t showing any way to spec the car to submit the order which I found odd too

Last edited by Xensane; 07-11-2018 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #5
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xensane View Post
Thanks for the info guys!

As of Thursday last week (when I gave my deposit for the allocation) they said the computer system wasn’t showing any way to spec the car to submit the order which I found odd too
Yeah they are full of it. They probably have you at status 102 (if at all) which means you do not have an allocation. Sorry man, I'm not trying to burst your bubble or bring you down, but dealerships do this shit all the time. I would call around a lot of Midwest and Texas dealers to see if you can get an actual allocation.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 11:56 PM   #6
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

The system is designed to extract maximum dollars from you, the trusting customer, and to grease the palms of enough parties along the way, up to and including the F&I guy with his magic coatings, and extended warranties going out as far as the eye can see.

Good luck.
      07-12-2018, 09:00 AM   #7
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Ditto on what he said. Ask for an production number. If you don't have a production number, you don't have an allocation. They may well have an October allocation build but then they would give you that production number. Once you have the production number, call bmw genius and get your build week if they won't tell you. Also, if you have a production number ask for your Vehicle Inquiry Report (VIR) to confirm your build, production number, and that your name is on it.

Lastly, no way they have a November allocation as those allocations for Q4 haven't been released yet. That is suspicious to me.
Since when did BMW allocations start getting released to dealers quarterly instead of monthly? Was always monthly on my previous orders..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 09:25 AM   #8
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post

Since when did BMW allocations start getting released to dealers quarterly instead of monthly? Was always monthly on my previous orders..
It is monthly sorry should have clarified, but Q4 allocations for November are not out yet. Latest week of an allocation available right now is week 44 IIRC.
Appreciate 1
dmk087316.00
      07-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #9
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I have a October allocation but I have a production number. Sounds like they don't actually have an allocation available to you.
Appreciate 0