BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Allocations for October / November/ December (U.S.)

09-13-2016, 02:00 PM   #111
Chefkona
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLAbot View Post

Indeed. Just got off the phone with my CA in Indiana. He was saying that 12 allocations have been released nationally as of today.

I'm #4 and #2 or 1 (not clear) on two medium-sized dealers in Indiana, so I doubt they will receive any (in favor of higher volume dealers). Oh well, the waiting game continues.
Yeah i am Indiana and I was #2 at dreyer in Indy which moves a lot of cars and my allocation finally came last round(should be here next week)...seems no rhyme or reason for allocations
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #112
Roland the HTG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK88 View Post
These low allocation predictions are not accurate. I just got a call from my CA, who told me they received four allocations for Q4. He was calling in response to an email from me telling him that I had heard the US only received 97 allocations for the quarter. He said he could only see the allocations for our region (I'm in Colorado), but that the number received in our region alone exceeded 97. On another note, I am now fourth in line! And he expects I should be hearing some very good news in December. WOOHOO!!!
hmmm. Well can anyone tell me if BMW Cleveland (Solon Ohio) received any this time around? PM if you'd like.
2011 328xi 6MT (Kids)
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 02:11 PM   #113
MoHaWk2003
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Update: BMW of Dallas received 5 this quarter.
*Now 2018 X5 xDrive35i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Driving Assistance Package | Luxury Seating Package | M Sport Package | Executive Package | Heated Steering Wheel | Harman Kardon | Apple CarPlay | Wireless Charging
*Previous 2017 M2 | Long Beach Blue Metallic | 6MT
*Previous 2013 135is | #156 of 586 | Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #114
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland the HTG View Post
hmmm. Well can anyone tell me if BMW Cleveland (Solon Ohio) received any this time around? PM if you'd like.
Unless we are being fed a ginormous load of rubbish, or at least misinformation, the right number is not 97. I was the guy who said I'd been told my local dealer told me 6, and he did. He has now apparently revised that number down to 5. Unless BMW of Seattle is the Golden Child of NA dealers, that simply does not extrapolate to anything like 97 nationwide. It's only one small data point, but my instinct is if the same dealer who got 5 allocations this previous roll out now gets 5 again, the fall roll out nationwide may be in the same order of magnitude as the summer roll out was. Still not a ramp-up, by any means, but not a ramp-down either.

I'm interested that dealers are telling people that November builds will get them a car in December. That seems pretty quick to me, given the experiences shared already on this board. I have an October build, and would consider myself fairly lucky to get the car stateside in December...
Appreciate 2
ried791.50
Aloha Joe393.00
      09-13-2016, 02:27 PM   #115
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Unless we are being fed a ginormous load of rubbish, or at least misinformation, the right number is not 97. I was the guy who said I'd been told my local dealer told me 6, and he did. He has now apparently revised that number down to 5. Unless BMW of Seattle is the Golden Child of NA dealers, that simply does not extrapolate to anything like 97 nationwide. It's only one small data point, but my instinct is if the same dealer who got 5 allocations this previous roll out now gets 5 again, the fall roll out nationwide may be in the same order of magnitude as the summer roll out was. Still not a ramp-up, by any means, but not a ramp-down either.

I'm interested that dealers are telling people that November builds will get them a car in December. That seems pretty quick to me, given the experiences shared already on this board. I have an October build, and would consider myself fairly lucky to get the car stateside in December...
My car was done the 1st week of August and I'm picking up 9/19 from the Performance center. Had I picked it up from the dealer I'd already be driving it right now so its definitely doable. Being on the west coast hurts that time frame a bit though.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #116
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
My car was done the 1st week of August and I'm picking up 9/19 from the Performance center. Had I picked it up from the dealer I'd already be driving it right now so its definitely doable. Being on the west coast hurts that time frame a bit though.
Well, that's encouraging. For some reason I had gathered from a lot of posts about boats and delays associated with them that it was going to take longer than that. Even if I add a week for cross-country shipping, December sounds quite doable for a late October build...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 02:54 PM   #117
Dmarcen
Private
Rep
Drives: TBD

got my allocation from Cinci, Oh

Got a text yesterday that I got my allocation as I was first in line in Cinci, OH. The spot has been waiting since January. I will be going down to Cinci this weekend to finalize the details on my car and will see if I can get any further insight to share. Now for decisions on all the Mperf extras I'm going to invest in.
Appreciate 3
      09-13-2016, 03:11 PM   #118
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarcen View Post
Got a text yesterday that I got my allocation as I was first in line in Cinci, OH. The spot has been waiting since January. I will be going down to Cinci this weekend to finalize the details on my car and will see if I can get any further insight to share. Now for decisions on all the Mperf extras I'm going to invest in.
Congratulations! There must have been another load of allocations from last weeks when I looked.
      09-13-2016, 03:54 PM   #119
Stu Pedasho
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Clearing garage space

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23 View Post
My dealer is Peter Pan BMW located in San Mateo California. They are one of the largest BMW dealers in the area, probably the state.
-Ryan
There is seriously a dealer named Peter the Fing Pan BMW? That's perfect. I'm stuck in Neverland, as in, I ain't never gonna see a M2 at this pace.
Appreciate 2
      09-13-2016, 04:31 PM   #120
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
About 97. Allocations were out late last week.
I'll credit you with many posts, but would still be interested in how you profess to have material info.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 04:51 PM   #121
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
I'm not going to say I told you so to all the folks who were claiming production would ramp up despite all evidence to the contrary (including the ones who often blew up and got rude when I would dispute it), but I told you so.
I'll just hold onto this for a few more days until we know the real number....

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 04:52 PM   #122
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Long Beach Blue M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
I placed the order at the end of July (got my production # August 1 from my SA) and my car is not in the "build" phase yet. Calling the Genius # I'm told I'm build week 38 and that puts my build starting some time next week. I think that build week puts me pretty much on the tail end of the last set of allocations.

So, give it a month and a half (maybe optimistically) between that and receiving my vehicle and it will be roughly 3 months from order to delivery. I'm in North Texas so it's hard to say what the "ship to dealer" time will be.

I'm not sure if that helps with figuring out what to expect when ordering from this upcoming block of allocations.
Appreciate 1
BruceM984.50
      09-13-2016, 05:14 PM   #123
AYurch
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
I'm not sure how many allocations BMW Cleveland (Solon) has but I ordered mine from Westlake and I was #2 on list back in April and myself and #3 just got our production numbers today. I'm pretty sure I have an October build date as that was what I saw on the order bank sheet I saw. I don't think Solon is as high volume as Westlake so they may have only gotten 1 allocation.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2016, 05:55 PM   #124
outerbelt
Rep
Drives: '17 LBB M2

I really don't think the upcoming allocations were limited to ~97 in the US. I just received an allocation today (previously received one in the last batch but that got taken away .... long story), and from a smaller dealer in the DC area. They received 1 allocation last time around, and 1 this time. Based on what I'm reading here - that a Seattle dealer received 5-6 in one shot (!) and a New Hampshire dealer received 2 - makes me believe allocations were closer to what we got in June (~400). Granted this is a very small sample size.

Until one of our trusty CAs can run a query in the BMW NA online dealer system and confirm - I remain skeptical of <100. For those waiting - good luck! Waiting is the hardest part as Mr. Petty says.
Appreciate 2
M2MT3.00
      09-13-2016, 06:07 PM   #125
kvndvs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 HS 6sp

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2019 BMW x3M40  [0.00]
Finally

Got notification today, build week 41. I was going to do ED but late Nov won't be much fun. Shout out to my favorite NH dealer in Nashua. Great experience with them!!

Appreciate 2
      09-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #126
Roland the HTG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJurcisin
Quote:
I'm not sure how many allocations BMW Cleveland (Solon) has but I ordered mine from Westlake and I was #2 on list back in April and myself and #3 just got our production numbers today. I'm pretty sure I have an October build date as that was what I saw on the order bank sheet I saw. I don't think Solon is as high volume as Westlake so they may have only gotten 1 allocation.
Congrats! I guess I picked the wrong dealer. Texted my CA today and got a vague response. When did you get on the list at westlake? I put down a deposit end of March this year.
2011 328xi 6MT (Kids)
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 08:58 PM   #127
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pedasho View Post
There is seriously a dealer named Peter the Fing Pan BMW? That's perfect. I'm stuck in Neverland, as in, I ain't never gonna see a M2 at this pace.
LOL! Yes it is 100% real. When I was calling around they had the shortest list... people probably thinking along the same line as you hahaha
97 Integra GSR - crashed it
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #128
AYurch
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Congrats! I guess I picked the wrong dealer. Texted my CA today and got a vague response. When did you get on the list at westlake? I put down a deposit end of March this year.
Trust me up until last week I was getting vague responses as well. I put my deposit down the first week of April then went back at the end of June to trade my car in to solidify my spot and have more money down. The only reason I got the car from Westlake was because they had 5 allocations. I would have gone to classic but they are very small and only had 1 which they had already sold back in the summer. Solon just tends to be on the more pricey side. My family used to purchase from them but they stop giving good deals. Once I get the car I would not go back to westlake just because Ganley dealers are horrible in my experience. Let me know what your CA tells you!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 09:53 PM   #129
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

I work for a large BMW store with a high rate of travel for M cars; we got 5 allocation slots for Oct/Nov/Dec.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 09:54 PM   #130
enMTW
Registered
Rep
Drives: n/a

Just got my allocation! Dealer got 3 allocations but I was the only person on the list. I have an order number and everything. Finally!

Last edited by enMTW; 09-13-2016 at 10:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 10:03 PM   #131
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

Got my production number for week 40 build I was pleasantly surprised because I only put a deposit down end of July and my CA would not tell me where I was on the list. I figured he was being vague to string me along and keep the order alive. It seems to be a larger M dealer, but given my time frame compared to those of others who had early deposits, BMW must be ramping up a little.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 10:04 PM   #132
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by enMTW View Post
Just got my allocation! Dealer got 3 allocations but I was the only person on the list. I have an order number or anything. Finally!
I predict incoming PM's for your dealer's info...
Appreciate 0