BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Full-Time Data Logger

04-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #1
BMW_MSquared
Enlisted Member
Falkland Islands
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCi

Full-Time Data Logger

Hi everyone. I have a question for those smart on data loggers. I know that there is data-logging functionality within BM3 and JB4. Having never owned one, I'd like to run something on my car that is logging data at all the time...not just on-demand. Hopefully something that can log for weeks at a time without running out of space. I also don't want to use something that I have to turn on and use my phone.

Has anyone ever set something up like this? I'm NOT looking to put a tune on the car in the near future (new car under warranty), but I would like to have something that is capturing engine data. This would give me the ability to trouble shoot any future issues, tell if someone has been joy-riding/abusing the car, and keep an eye on things when I ship it back to the US in about 2 years. Something that is installed like a piggy-back or via OBD2 port is fine, but I would like it to be discreet and not obvious.

Before anyone asks, yes, I understand that if its under warranty the dealer can/will/should take care of everything. I'm also a bit of a nerd and like to get into the details of my car and understand what's going on behind the scenes.

This will be used on a 2020 M2C (S55).
Appreciate 0