BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > BMW M2 - Buying Guidance Required

11-23-2020, 05:42 PM   #1
Brad Amin
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 20i (G29)

BMW M2 - Buying Guidance Required

Hi,

I am considering buying a 2018 BMW M2 (Standard), the one I am currently looking at has 7,500 miles on the clock and is priced at £34,990.

I currently own a BMW Z4 SDrive 20i and have been offered a price to change of £6500. What would your advice be to me at this point. Shall I shop around for a car with more mileage at a reduced sale price? What is the maximum mileage I should be buying an M2 at?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 07:06 PM   #2
SebsM2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Amin View Post
Hi,

I am considering buying a 2018 BMW M2 (Standard), the one I am currently looking at has 7,500 miles on the clock and is priced at £34,990.

I currently own a BMW Z4 SDrive 20i and have been offered a price to change of £6500. What would your advice be to me at this point. Shall I shop around for a car with more mileage at a reduced sale price? What is the maximum mileage I should be buying an M2 at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Amin View Post
Hi,

~46k USD with 7500 miles on it is a pretty good deal if the spec is right for you (color, transmission, add ons). I've only seen a few deals that were better on the forum and those were snatched up very quickly. Make sure you look into the cars history. The n55 is pretty reliable so nothing really to worry about other than the plastic charge pipe.