BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Adjustable Shocks on an M2?

02-15-2018, 06:50 PM   #1
TarzanOfTheApes
Rep
Drives: ND Miata RF

Adjustable Shocks on an M2?

Hello All,

Considering an M2 but have some concerns about daily driving comfort. I plan to autocross the car often, but also want a ride that's not going to hurt my bad back. Has anyone experimented with aftermarket shocks? You could technically get away with it in B-Street since it is a legal modification. For example, on my current Miata, I set my Koni shocks to full soft for daily driving, and then stiffen them up for autocross.

As far as road noise goes, I've read about the ASD delete, as well as some door seals. Can the car be made to be fairly quiet on the road?

Thank you!

Last edited by TarzanOfTheApes; 02-15-2018 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 05:29 AM   #2
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzanOfTheApes View Post
Hello All,

Considering an M2 but have some concerns about daily driving comfort. I plan to autocross the car often, but also want a ride that's not going to hurt my bad back. Has anyone experimented with aftermarket shocks? You could technically get away with it in B-Street since it is a legal modification. For example, on my current Miata, I set my Koni shocks to full soft for daily driving, and then stiffen them up for autocross.

As far as road noise goes, I've read about the ASD delete, as well as some door seals. Can the car be made to be fairly quiet on the road?

Thank you!
I have driven my M2 27,000 miles over the past 15 months, unless your roads are horrific I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the comfort of the car, I don't find the car to be very loud, less road and wind noise than my wife's Accord actually. My car came with the Contis which had a more harsh ride and more road noise, when I switched to the 4S it improved both of those areas.
Appreciate 1
gsrbri559.50
      02-27-2018, 08:03 AM   #3
ying, chung
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I have driven my M2 27,000 miles over the past 15 months, unless your roads are horrific I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the comfort of the car, I don't find the car to be very loud, less road and wind noise than my wife's Accord actually. My car came with the Contis which had a more harsh ride and more road noise, when I switched to the 4S it improved both of those areas.
i have an identical experience. i've had mine for 13 months with 27k mi now. recently i replaced the contis with ps4s, which improved (slightly) ride comfort and reduced road noise (again, just slightly). i autocross the hell out of the car and daily drive it, and i'm very happy with the stock suspension.
Appreciate 2
gsrbri559.50
      03-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #4
TarzanOfTheApes
Rep
Drives: ND Miata RF

Thanks for the responses guys. Definitely makes me feel better about buying.
Appreciate 0