BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 2021 M2C Allocation Questions

08-17-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
nzafi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, BMW X2

2021 M2C Allocation Questions

New to the forum and really looking forward to it! I have been doing a ton of research on the M2C and really thinking of moving forward on getting one. Unfortunately, I currently have an X5 lease and X2 lease that only end next July and November.

I know that production stops 6/21, but is there a time limit on getting an allocation? I was planning on probably swapping in one of my leases in the March time frame and the most likely buying an M2C. However, I am worried that there will be no allocations left and I might be forced into an existing M2C on a lot.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 02:13 PM   #2
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzafi View Post
New to the forum and really looking forward to it! I have been doing a ton of research on the M2C and really thinking of moving forward on getting one. Unfortunately, I currently have an X5 lease and X2 lease that only end next July and November.

I know that production stops 6/21, but is there a time limit on getting an allocation? I was planning on probably swapping in one of my leases in the March time frame and the most likely buying an M2C. However, I am worried that there will be no allocations left and I might be forced into an existing M2C on a lot.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
My CA mentioned that they could look at bringing you out of one of your leases early. She would need the last seven of the vin on both leases to find out. Please feel free to send me a message if you would like her contact info so you two can discuss.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 02:22 PM   #3
nzafi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDONE View Post
My CA mentioned that they could look at bringing you out of one of your leases early. She would need the last seven of the vin on both leases to find out. Please feel free to send me a message if you would like her contact info so you two can discuss.
Do you think this is realistic at this point? Typically dealers will be willing to absorb ~3 months of payments. I have 10 months on the X5 and 14 months left on my X2. I doubt they will be willing to absorb that kind of money.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 02:31 PM   #4
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Do you think this is realistic at this point? Typically dealers will be willing to absorb ~3 months of payments. I have 10 months on the X5 and 14 months left on my X2. I doubt they will be willing to absorb that kind of money.
I'd suggest discussing directly with her. I ordered my 2021 in late June, and I'll take delivery in September. She can probably time your order to coincide with whatever window is needed. I've referred a number of members to her, and everyone has been happy so it's worth discussing.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 05:23 PM   #5
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Oh they'll "absorb" it all right but don't kid yourself, you're going to be paying for at least half (and probably more) of that in your deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 05:49 PM   #6
nzafi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
Oh they'll "absorb" it all right but don't kid yourself, you're going to be paying for at least half (and probably more) of that in your deal.
Don’t mind absorbing some. My bigger concern was that I wanted to trade my car in around March. I’m concerned if I’ll be able to get an allocation still in March.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 06:01 PM   #7
team_car
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Don’t mind absorbing some. My bigger concern was that I wanted to trade my car in around March. I’m concerned if I’ll be able to get an allocation still in March.
Different situation and different timing, but ADDONE's CA was able to delay my purchase/allocation to fit my timing (I essentially got an allocation and then she swapped it to a later one when she got more to meet my timing). Obviously a small risk if the allocations dry up, but she would know what's viable. 100% recommend based on experience so far.
Appreciate 1
ADDONE230.00
      08-17-2020, 09:48 PM   #8
nzafi
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'd suggest discussing directly with her. I ordered my 2021 in late June, and I'll take delivery in September. She can probably time your order to coincide with whatever window is needed. I've referred a number of members to her, and everyone has been happy so it's worth discussing.
Sent you a private message. I’d be curious to chat with her to see what can be done. Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 01:08 PM   #9
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

Quote:
Sent you a private message. I’d be curious to chat with her to see what can be done. Thank you!!
I had a great experience with this CA as well. Expecting to take delivery 9/17!
Appreciate 1
ADDONE230.00
      10-23-2020, 12:03 AM   #10
Swedberg
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 | BMW 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagnificent55

I had a great experience with this CA as well. Expecting to take delivery 9/17!
Hello,

Hope the delivery was successful. Could you please tell me a bit more about the process or send me the contacts? I tried to PM you, but ads blocked the message field all the time. I'm from Oakland.

Cheers,
Zach

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #11
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedberg View Post
Hello,

Hope the delivery was successful. Could you please tell me a bit more about the process or send me the contacts? I tried to PM you, but ads blocked the message field all the time. I'm from Oakland.

Cheers,
Zach

Sent you a private message. I know of at least one guy from the Bay Area that sourced his vehicle from her and transported it to San Fran via carrier. It still saved him a decent sum over ordering from a local dealer.
Appreciate 0