BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Owner Topic - MR from Czech Republic - M2 CSL Turbomeister Edition revealed

08-03-2018, 07:17 AM   #67
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Thanks.

Also available in blue:

US$ 39,95 ex shipping to EU.

Cheers
Robin
Such a missed opportunity to not have one blue one red. Hot and cold.
Appreciate 3
mikeahso411.50
JustChris17423.00
_debo12.00
      08-03-2018, 07:33 AM   #68
Alec02
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: M2C SO MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Reach out to me when you are in or near Prague and we will make it happen.

If I am in Slovakia, it is Kosice or sometimes Bratislava.

MR
BTW are you sure with BBS CH-R? I have them on my WRX STI and use them for winter after 1st season, not very satisfied with the response. But it can be car by car of course.

Donīt you think about OZ racing wheels? Leggera HLT or Ultraleggera HLT? They are very good both track and street...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 08:53 AM   #69
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec02 View Post
OK, Iīm in Bratislava, sometimes in Prague, often around Brno, so we can do it. Happy to see you.

If production is week 37, I will have it week 39. After that some driving in order to break-in. Do you have some recommendation for that? I usually do not push to the limit immediately, but after some first 500 km I start to push gradually for more.

For my other cars it was absolutely ok...
My car is week 35, so let's see when it is there

Break-in. Only city driving and preferably under 3K RPM the first 500 km, and then built it up step by step until 2000 km. Just take it slow in the beginning and make sure to use different gears for similar speeds.

It is way more important that you do not push the car when it is not fully warmed up (both oil and coolant temp) then being overly protective about running in the engine exactly as it should be done.

Quote:
BTW are you sure with BBS CH-R? I have them on my WRX STI and use them for winter after 1st season, not very satisfied with the response. But it can be car by car of course.

Donīt you think about OZ racing wheels? Leggera HLT or Ultraleggera HLT? They are very good both track and street...
It will be my first set of BBS wheels. I have a good relationship with BBS that is why. OZ might be an option as well. I run ATS wheels on my MINI and I am really happy with them.

MR
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2018, 10:55 AM   #70
Alec02
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep

Quote:
My car is week 35, so let's see when it is there

Break-in. Only city driving and preferably under 3K RPM the first 500 km, and then built it up step by step until 2000 km. Just take it slow in the beginning and make sure to use different gears for similar speeds.

It is way more important that you do not push the car when it is not fully warmed up (both oil and coolant temp) then being overly protective about running in the engine exactly as it should be done.

It will be my first set of BBS wheels. I have a good relationship with BBS that is why. OZ might be an option as well. I run ATS wheels on my MINI and I am really happy with them.

MR
Cool, thanks for break-in recos.

If you have BBS relationship good, just go for it

You plan Akrapovic exhaust, do you have some information, when it will be available? I have same preference or AC Schnitzer one.

About wing, do you have some more information about its practical functionality? Same for winglets and front spoiler...

Week 35 is cool, taking into consideration my order end of July, I’m happy with 37th...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #71
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Cool, thanks for break-in recos.

If you have BBS relationship good, just go for it

You plan Akrapovic exhaust, do you have some information, when it will be available? I have same preference or AC Schnitzer one.

About wing, do you have some more information about its practical functionality? Same for winglets and front spoiler...

Week 35 is cool, taking into consideration my order end of July, I’m happy with 37th...
Akrapovic exhaust, I will share a lot more by the end of September. I first need my car #sorryforbeingcryptic

Not much info on the wing parts. I have not seen real hard data what they offer, etc...

MR
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 11:25 AM   #72
Alec02
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep

Quote:
Akrapovic exhaust, I will share a lot more by the end of September. I first need my car #sorryforbeingcryptic

Not much info on the wing parts. I have not seen real hard data what they offer, etc...

MR
OK, stay in touch and I can check AC Schnitzer with Slovak import... Next week I will have some offer for Mperformance parts with the explanation, so we can cross-check information...

About optional brakes, you have some real life comparation to stock ones? I will go for custom rotors and pads from my supplier, very happy with his work so far... and price also...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #73
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Thanks.

Also available in blue:

US$ 39,95 ex shipping to EU.

Cheers
Robin
Such a missed opportunity to not have one blue one red. Hot and cold.
Hold on kids, in pressing the RED MODE button.

08-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #74
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
OK, stay in touch and I can check AC Schnitzer with Slovak import... Next week I will have some offer for Mperformance parts with the explanation, so we can cross-check information...

About optional brakes, you have some real life comparation to stock ones? I will go for custom rotors and pads from my supplier, very happy with his work so far... and price also...
For your information, there is no news yet on the Akrapovic exhaust

Yup I drove a car with them installed...

- Stock blue brakes fades a lot faster and looses any kind of bite if you are really on it
- Optional silver brake kit does not fade, has a wiggle of the rear under full braking and still lacks bite under braking. Great street/race brake kit, not 100% suitable for ultimate track heros.

MR
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8679.50
      08-03-2018, 02:26 PM   #75
Alec02
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep

Quote:

- Stock blue brakes fades a lot faster and looses any kind of bite if you are really on it
- Optional silver brake kit does not fade, has a wiggle of the rear under full braking and still lacks bite under braking. Great street/race brake kit, not 100% suitable for ultimate track heros.

MR
Thanks a lot MR

So I will stay with standard and upgrade to custom...
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8679.50
      08-03-2018, 09:25 PM   #76
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Hold on kids, in pressing the RED MODE button.

Haha. Yes that’s accurate. It needs m 11 on it too. You know. So it goes to 11.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      08-03-2018, 09:47 PM   #77
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

MR
Marc,

If I remember correctly the original M2 test drive cars were fitted with track pads (you can hear them squeal). Did the M2C's have stock pads this time around?
      08-04-2018, 04:24 AM   #78
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Quote:
Quote:

MR
Marc,

If I remember correctly the original M2 test drive cars were fitted with track pads (you can hear them squeal). Did the M2C's have stock pads this time around?
Yes stock pads.

MR
Appreciate 2
ChrisK4449.00
Robin_NL8679.50
      08-04-2018, 07:55 AM   #79
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Thanks for the info: another reason I go for Pagid Yellow and better brakefluid on the stock blue brakes.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #80
BOhio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig335d View Post
Tasteless.
I think that's a bit harsh, friend. Here's "tasteless" for you:

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2008/08/...exus-sc-style/
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 02:29 PM   #81
Alec02
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep

G-power already prepared remapping:

https://www.g-power.com/benoetigt-de...00-ps_4811.php

This is V1, they usually go for V2 and 3....
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 03:50 PM   #82
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
G-power already prepared remapping:

https://www.g-power.com/benoetigt-de...00-ps_4811.php

This is V1, they usually go for V2 and 3....
I wonder if they will do a tune for the US spec cars?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 04:14 PM   #83
Alec02
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
I wonder if they will do a tune for the US spec cars?
You can ask them directly... they can send you obs box, so you can do it alone, look their web
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #84
Alec02
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep

Quote:
You can ask them directly... they can send you obs box, so you can do it alone, look their web
Obd box of course
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #85
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Car is at the dealer, and our reveal party is planned for the 22nd at my dealer. If you are near, please join us!

https://www.facebook.com/events/245671499480380/

Meantime it will get PDI, detailing and PPF done at the dealer and I need to sort payment, insurance and my special plate.

I am really wondering how I am going to fit the front plate.

MR
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #86
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
HANDOVER DONE! It is now mine...

Latest news from today (not for people who follow my Instagram ) is that I finally have my M2 Competition and I have also driven the first 220 km in the car as well. First fill up with 100 octane fuel was done and immediately out of the dealer I went with a whole group of 15+ cars Czech BMW M friends for a drive in the countryside on some nice and twisty roads near Prague. I took it easy, nothing stupid and no major revs, mostly on auto. Also because the brakes are not bedded in and the wheels need a bit of a run.

I feel that after only 220 km I am not allowed to give much of a verdict to you guys, but I can share some initial experiences and thoughts that I gathered tonight. Before I do so I think I should share a bit of my planning. The coming weeks I will have a long trip abroad with a lot of highway miles and then I will hand over the car to krizze who will be finishing the last 800 km of the running in. The car will then have its run-in service by the end of this coming week ahead of a bit of a surprise, which I can now finally share after months of planning! More on that in a separate post.

Let's go back to the initial experiences after today's handover, reveal and drive. Together with the local BMW club I invited about 30 people to be part of the reveal of the car. At the dealer, we arranged food, drinks and the opportunity to check out the showroom privately (Czech dealerships are closed in the afternoon on Saturday and completely on Sunday). There were two M4 CS's, one M3 CS's, loads of Alpina's, M's and other cars for them to check out. The reveal was done with a blanket over the car which my sales man and I pulled off. Lots of interest by everyone for the color, the interior, especially the engine and the massive exhaust muffler.

We left on our drive shortly after the reveal with the group consisting of M3's, M2's, a E6x M6, etc. The first drive took us from Prague across the countryside. Both drives were about 1.5-2 hrs long and especially the first one included a lot of twisty which showed the sheer capabilities of this machine but also it downfalls.

Let's not go to deep into my day, but let's have a look at what I noticed.

1. The most noticeable for me.... the total absence of a decent exhaust tune. With not having gone in sport or sport+, the car feels a lot quieter than the OG M2. ASD feels more quiet as well and the exhaust note is simply absent. I never went further than 4.5K revs on the long drives.

2. The M sport seats are a wonderful addition to this car. It is a much better seat than the OG M2 had. Must-have! Where it always feels a bit painful after 1.5 hours of driving in the normal seats, I did not have any issues here. Lot better and on the twisty roads a better way of keeping you in place!

3. Parking sensors at the front, what a weird experience in a M2. First time I heard the tone (and I did not hear it at the press drive, there was no reason for it) I was like "huh what", mainly because someone walked in front of the car and the beeping started. After driving so many M2's I was like, that is new...

4. The new dashboard section in front of the driver is such an improvement in the dark. I had the pre-facelift kit in the M2 and this is just massively better. Annoyingly, my cluster has a dirty spot on it from something. Not sure what it is, I need to clean it so that it is gone because it annoys me now.

5. Damn the radio is a lot better when you don't have an exhaust or ASD in the background. I forgot it is not too bad and the new UI which I never really used because I had one of the first OG M2's ever built, is a decent improvement from the old kit I had on my OG M2.

6. The engine is a hard one to fully analyse and understand until it is driven in. I have tried some pulls in different gears and you feel the linear behavior of the car. The car definitely feels more noticeably linear than the M2. That is really clear. I had one shift under throttle load where I felt some kind of interesting feedback and pull, but all in all it is something I will report on more next week when it is fully driven in and we are on our way to Slovenia.

7. The color in this weather? I am not fussed by it at all... This car just needs a decent wrap, which I will fit either in December or February. A San Marino blue paint job by BMW would have been so nice... Pity we don't get Individual.

8. I saved the best for last... and that is the steering! For me the biggest highlight on the twisty roads today was the steering. It is better than the OG M2 and I think it might even be noticeably better. I need to drive both back to back, but I think the gap is bigger than many people would initially think. Time will tell if I am right. The turn-in on the twisty roads feels more rewarding than I had with the M2. It just that notch better, especially since you tend to get better feedback and the car follows better. It is a hard feeling to describe in words properly, but the few moments I experienced it felt wonderfully.

(On the photos below only a small selection of cars that joined us! Photos will follow soon)

MR
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 09-22-2018 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 12
ChrisK4449.00
Davil6332.00
cptobvious2531.50
///M Houbi1653.00
Craig335d152.50
Aloha Joe391.00
Robin_NL8679.50
krizze924.00
Altra265.50
JTO245246.50
      09-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #87
M1fortyeye
Private
Rep
Drives: m140

Nice write-up. So some reviewers were right about better steering (and comparing it to 718)
If it's not a secret, where are you going to Slovenia?
It's my country after all.. and If I could see the car in Ljubljana it would be....
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #88
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
The tuning process starts next week! Slovenia here we come...

Over the last few months I could not say anything about it, but over the past few days all has been set in stone. Next week when the car is fully run in, I will be travelling with the M2C to Slovenia and many of you will know what that means.

I have offered my M2C to Akrapovic and they will take my car for the next two months to develop their exhaust system. That means I will drive my car for about four days and then it is gone! They will need 6-8 weeks to scan the under body of the car, do dyno runs, develop the different exhaust set ups, etc... The usual stuff I have the intention of documenting some of the process, because most of it is immensely secret. I will keep you posted on it and I will share stories about it if I can.

As soon as I can say more about the product line up, availability of the exhausts and the final outcome of weight saving and performance increase, I will let you know more. For now you guys know that the process will start next week and that there will hopefully be more news from Slovenia before the end of the year. More I can unfortunately not say.

As soon as the car is back it will continue its development on the subject of engine and suspension. There is a lot I will change to this car, so stay tuned! Interior will definitely be done before the end of the year. The rest follows over time.

MR
Appreciate 9
Spare°257.50
cptobvious2531.50
///M Houbi1653.00
Robin_NL8679.50
Meanie546.50
Altra265.50