BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Anyone running MBRP exhaust on M2C?

10-16-2023, 07:53 PM   #23
leew102
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 340i xdrive

Purchased a go pro. I have a drive up to the Catskills this weekend and will capture a video.
Appreciate 3
      10-17-2023, 09:40 AM   #24
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leew102 View Post
Purchased a go pro. I have a drive up to the Catskills this weekend and will capture a video.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 08:01 PM   #25
goforwand
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp, 2020 BMW X5

Sub'd
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 04:05 PM   #26
kpierre
Rep
Drives: M2C

Can you elaborate on the fitment issues you mentioned? I just discovered this exhaust and am thinking about combining it with the aA midpipe just like you.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 11:51 AM   #27
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpierre View Post
Can you elaborate on the fitment issues you mentioned? I just discovered this exhaust and am thinking about combining it with the aA midpipe just like you.
if you decide to get it, let me know.

We have it in stock and we going to run an aggressive sale very soon

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 01:09 PM   #28
leew102
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sorry everyone, I took a vid, but the wind noise ended up drowning everything out, I’ll need to catch another one.

For fitment, the cuts line up perfectly so it bolts up at the exact locations. The fitment issues will be all the little adjustments that can be done. Theres 4 clamps/dp connection and the brace that holds the mufflers together that all can be adjusted so it’s a bit hard to line up to get the tips perfectly but I’ve gotten it as close as it can be and am happy with fitment. I had trouble with the ball joint clamps on the aa downpipe wouldn’t tighten enough that the midpipe would end up sagging after driving it for while. I just used an impact on all clamps and made sure all clamps were as tight as the impact would go.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 02:46 PM   #29
kpierre
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by leew102 View Post
Sorry everyone, I took a vid, but the wind noise ended up drowning everything out, I’ll need to catch another one.

For fitment, the cuts line up perfectly so it bolts up at the exact locations. The fitment issues will be all the little adjustments that can be done. Theres 4 clamps/dp connection and the brace that holds the mufflers together that all can be adjusted so it’s a bit hard to line up to get the tips perfectly but I’ve gotten it as close as it can be and am happy with fitment. I had trouble with the ball joint clamps on the aa downpipe wouldn’t tighten enough that the midpipe would end up sagging after driving it for while. I just used an impact on all clamps and made sure all clamps were as tight as the impact would go.
Thanks this is super helpful really appreciate it.

So just to make sure I understand your setup, you're running it with the AA equal length non resonated midpipe? But you recommend it with the resonated version?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 06:37 PM   #30
leew102
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks this is super helpful really appreciate it.

So just to make sure I understand your setup, you're running it with the AA equal length non resonated midpipe? But you recommend it with the resonated version?
Also, the aa midpipe is already a really tight fit, so you may need to adjust it a couple times after it goes through heat cycles/pipes expand and contract a few time. I don’t have anymore rattles now. But there were various points where it was making contact with a heat shield or something else underneath.

I ordered the non res midpipe, but AA sent with the smaller resonators instead of the straight pipes. I assume they have some leftover stock and were trying to get rid of them. The smaller resonators paired with the mufflers sounds great. In lower rpms its almost vq’esque but anything over 3k rpms is glorious. Very clean mid-high howl. The smaller resonators removes a lot of the harshness in the tone at higher rpms. The mufflers on the MBRP doesn’t restrict as much allowing more air to pass and thus more sound because of its design. If you are looking for a more mild volume with valves closed, I’d go resonated mid pipe. I actually wish I sent the smaller resonators back for straight connecting pipes as I would have liked a more rowdy sound with slight rasp.
Appreciate 2