BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > AA Equal Length Midpipe (stock muffler and downpipes)

12-19-2023, 07:57 PM   #199
MSH_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPTM View Post
I spoke with AA about this fitment issue. I legit watched every install video, read the instructions 10x and had a printed copy next to me before my cuts. Followed EXACTLY as they said, and still had some odd fitment (one side perfect, the other side 1/2” short in one spot. They’re explanation was that the factory welds are slightly different on each stock exhaust. I get that, but my bigger issue was how vague the instructions were on WHERE to measure the weld from and where exactly to mark the pipe. This small nuance can make a BIG difference, and I think it’s something they really need to get more specific about in the instructions. Were all detail oriented on these installs, and that part was just sloppy and too vague for what’s the most important (and stressful) part of the install for most of us.....
100% agree. I don't understand why they don't specify measurements like they do for the M Performance exhaust for example. Measuring from the recess mark on the factory resonator seems like it would be more exact than "measure from the weld"
As you stated, it just leaves way more margin for error being very dependent on which weld point you measure from.
Without a doubt it sounds great so far, but having to go through all these additional cycles to fine tune so it doesnt melt the diffuser or in my case getting resonated connecting pipes that don't even fit is super frustrating. I was just fortunate I had both the non-res and resonated pipes at time of install
Attached Images

Last edited by MSH_; 12-19-2023 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 0