BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Remus CEL

09-20-2020, 07:17 AM   #1
m2_rek
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Remus CEL

Had the Remus race axel back installed from new (fitted first week) 10 months ago. Last week I fitted the resonator delete and this morning got engine light appear. No change in performance, car is running fine and BimmerLink reports error as Code 1A2810 Otto particle filter: total failure.

Assuming caused by the change in back pressure. Anyone any experience of this?

Not looking for a warranty discussion BTW, I own the car an conscious choice to modify
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 09:47 AM   #2
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Normal for Euro spec cars. All I know is OPF cars out here get the sensor check or something tied to it coded out if a midpipe is installed. I can ask about specifics tomorrow
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 11:14 AM   #3
lnsaneM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like you stole it

Get it tuned and turn the ops sensor off... Might as well go full midpipe at this point
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 02:15 PM   #4
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2_rek View Post
Had the Remus race axel back installed from new (fitted first week) 10 months ago. Last week I fitted the resonator delete and this morning got engine light appear. No change in performance, car is running fine and BimmerLink reports error as Code 1A2810 Otto particle filter: total failure.

Not looking for a warranty discussion BTW, I own the car an conscious choice to modify
Maybe drop Joe Achilles a message. He had the same. Took it to BMW. They reset the sensor values and it's never been an issue since. Message him on Twitter and report back
Appreciate 2
m2_rek4.50
qubo0.00
      09-20-2020, 03:18 PM   #5
m2_rek
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2_rek View Post

Maybe drop Joe Achilles a message. He had the same. Took it to BMW. They reset the sensor values and it's never been an issue since. Message him on Twitter and report back
Good shout, I've tweeted him. See if he comes back... I'll keep this thread updated anyway so useful for others.

Looks like Cars from May 2019 are more prone. Or when older ones are updated. Mine is Oct 19 build.
Appreciate 2
NathObeaN1307.50
qubo0.00
      11-15-2023, 04:47 AM   #6
qubo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 GC (F36)

Have you solved the problem? Because I have the same error after I installed full remus catback exhaust on BMW 4 GC (F36)

1A2810: Otto particle filter: total failure
1A280A: Otto particle filter, pressure sensor, hose line: leaking
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 03:17 PM   #7
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by qubo View Post
Have you solved the problem? Because I have the same error after I installed full remus catback exhaust on BMW 4 GC (F36)

1A2810: Otto particle filter: total failure
1A280A: Otto particle filter, pressure sensor, hose line: leaking
If you fitted catback system then you've removed the OPF units completely so it's pretty obvious the OPF failure codes will come up.

Only decent fix is a remap. The plug in OPF sensor fixes seem to be hit and miss whether they work or not.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 07:42 AM   #8
qubo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 GC (F36)

Thx for reply.

Actually the Remus system is connected on the existing OPF filter so its still there.
I wonder if resetting the sensor values as was mentioned here before will help.

Another thing is that the original exhaust flaps that was on the stock exhaust is still connected to the car, but its not connected to the Remus exhaust system. (You can see it in the pictures below)

I will be gratefull for any help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0