BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > stoptech aerorotors vs EBC gold 2 piece rotors

12-03-2020, 05:57 PM   #1
GeraldM2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (F87) LBB 6MT

stoptech aerorotors vs EBC gold 2 piece rotors

is anyone running either the stoptech aerorotor or the EBC gold 2 piece rotors from Motech performance? Im in need of new rotors in the front and figured i might aswell upgrade to a 2 piece rotor so paying for rings will be cheaper in the future.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 06:45 PM   #2
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
FYI Aerorotor rings are about $350 each plus you need to buy a new set of mounting hardware each time. If I were you I'd just go the FCP Euro route with OE/OEM rotors. Unless you're tracking a lot there's really not much benefit to justify the cost increase.

I went with the Aerorotors on my F31, and they do hold up very well, and definitely cool better on than the stock rotors on the track, but going the FCP + free exchanges route will be cheaper over the long haul. One nice thing about the Aerorotors is Stoptech rates them for 2mm wear instead of BMW's typical 1.6mm.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #3
GeraldM2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (F87) LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
FYI Aerorotor rings are about $350 each plus you need to buy a new set of mounting hardware each time. If I were you I'd just go the FCP Euro route with OE/OEM rotors. Unless you're tracking a lot there's really not much benefit to justify the cost increase.

I went with the Aerorotors on my F31, and they do hold up very well, and definitely cool better on than the stock rotors on the track, but going the FCP + free exchanges route will be cheaper over the long haul. One nice thing about the Aerorotors is Stoptech rates them for 2mm wear instead of BMW's typical 1.6mm.
so if i buy a set of rotors from FCP i can just send back my oem ones and get my money back or how does that work?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 08:22 PM   #4
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldM2 View Post
so if i buy a set of rotors from FCP i can just send back my oem ones and get my money back or how does that work?
The first set of rotors you buy from FCP as you would any other store.

The second set (and all sets going forward) of rotors you buy from FCP, you send the first ones back that you purchased from them, and then they'll refund your purchase price on the 2nd/last set purchased.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 10:55 AM   #5
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:

The hardware kit comes with the rotor ring so no need to spend extra for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 12:27 PM   #6
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
The hardware kit comes with the rotor ring so no need to spend extra for it.
Stoptech has PNs for both just friction ring alone, as well as friction ring with new HW. Their PNs, along with most retailers' descriptions really don't tell you what you get.

Even when I asked Stoptech CS what the PN for the replacement ring for my disc was, they initially only gave me the one that didn't include HW.

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 09:42 PM   #7
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Stoptech has PNs for both just friction ring alone, as well as friction ring with new HW. Their PNs, along with most retailers' descriptions really don't tell you what you get.

Even when I asked Stoptech CS what the PN for the replacement ring for my disc was, they initially only gave me the one that didn't include HW.
That must be something new.

We have always sold rings with hardware included. Will look into the new part numbers without the hardware.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 10:56 PM   #8
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
That must be something new.

We have always sold rings with hardware included. Will look into the new part numbers without the hardware.
The replacement disc PNs are below for the F2x/F3x 370mm slotted rotor ARK (PNs 129.34144.13 and 129.34144.14) that I have.

Replacement slotted discs without HW:
30.B39.1111.01
30.B39.1112.01

Replacement slotted discs with HW:
30.B39.1111.99
30.B39.1112.99

This is of 4/2019 (when I asked Stoptech). The kits with hardware cost about $65/each more than those without.

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2020, 05:57 PM   #9
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

can someone link me to where i can read up on Stoptech 2-piece rotors for M2C?

don't need them yet but want to go this route when the time comes. Have had the tophy kit on my E90M3 and it's been incredible.
      12-27-2020, 10:02 PM   #10
tropicatango
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw f87 M2c hockenheim silver

Girodisc makes front and rear 2 pieces rotor for m2c
Appreciate 0