BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > AP Racing by Essex Radi-CAL Brake Kit Selection Guide

11-05-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

AP Racing by Essex Radi-CAL Brake Kit Selection Guide

Hello Gents,

Based on our client conversations over the past couple weeks, it's obvious that many of you have a shiny new AP Racing by Essex Brake Kit at the top of your holiday wish list. We have several brake kits available for the F87 chassis, which can make it difficult to decide which one best fits your needs. We wanted to share the assets below to help ensure you make the proper selection during your holiday shopping.

Planning for Future Brake Needs

Are my current brakes up to snuff? What if I add race slicks or a supercharger? Will I need something different as my driving skills improve? Our video, "How to Plan for Future Brake Needs" examines these topics and offers some points for consideration before taking the plunge on a major brake upgrade.

Competition Kit or Road Kit?

Whether you're looking for the most gorgeous brake package to fill up your 20" wheels, or you're trying to cut every hundredth of a second from your lap times, Essex has an AP Racing Brake Kit to fit your needs. Check out our Road Kit vs. Competition Kit comparison page to help figure out which type of brake kit is the best fit for your situation.

Which Pro5000R is right for me?

For those of you specifically considering our Radi-CAL Competition Kits, our blog article, "Which AP Racing Radi-CAL is Right for Me, the CP9660 or CP9668?" will help you narrow down your options while covering the topics such as wheel fitment, pad volume, unsprung weight, etc.

Thanks for your continued support gents, and I hope you find these resources helpful!
Appreciate 1
M1500Z399.50
      11-05-2020, 02:14 PM   #2
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: Team Schirmer M2 GT

CP9660/9451 for me! Guys/gals, Jeff and team are the best when it comes to helping you understand what you're looking to achieve. Also their customer service extremely good.

I worked with Jeff ordering my set before I even took delivery of my car. It was my second mod I purchased. I ripped the M2C brakes off at 181 miles to put these in, this is how great these brakes are!

[/url]
[/url]
      11-06-2020, 06:20 AM   #3
jritt@essex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisu8 View Post
CP9660/9451 for me! Guys/gals, Jeff and team are the best when it comes to helping you understand what you're looking to achieve. Also their customer service extremely good.

I worked with Jeff ordering my set before I even took delivery of my car. It was my second mod I purchased. I ripped the M2C brakes off at 181 miles to put these in, this is how great these brakes are!
Thank you very much! I'm glad they're getting the job done for you.
Appreciate 1
ebisu81070.50
      11-09-2020, 10:57 AM   #4
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jritt@essex View Post
Which Pro5000R is right for me?

For those of you specifically considering our Radi-CAL Competition Kits, our blog article, "Which AP Racing Radi-CAL is Right for Me, the CP9660 or CP9668?" will help you narrow down your options while covering the topics such as wheel fitment, pad volume, unsprung weight, etc.

Thanks for your continued support gents, and I hope you find these resources helpful!
In case anyone's wondering, both the 9668 and 9660 should fit under the OE 788m front wheels. I used Essex's 9668 template on my 788m front wheel the other day and there's about 10mm clearance between the caliper and the spokes, and caliper and barrel at their closest points.

Now to wait for a sale like the "everything in the box" sale from earlier this year...

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2020, 12:22 PM   #5
jritt@essex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
In case anyone's wondering, both the 9668 and 9660 should fit under the OE 788m front wheels. I used Essex's 9668 template on my 788m front wheel the other day and there's about 10mm clearance between the caliper and the spokes, and caliper and barrel at their closest points.

Now to wait for a sale like the "everything in the box" sale from earlier this year...
Thanks for sharing your data...appreciate it! Hang tight...announcement coming in a few days.
Appreciate 0