12-03-2020, 04:35 PM   #1
F87 S55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
M2C F&R Brake Pad Sizes

First post....
Just bought an AW 2021 M2C 6-spd, no sunroof, blue stitching, carbon interior trim, Exec package and 788 Black Forged M wheels.

I saved mentioning the 788 black wheels until last because I believe that even if they were Polaris Silver, they would still be black after 30 miles anyway do to the brake dust. Hence my issue. I just broke 550 miles and have cleaned the wheels 3 times and dusted the side and rear of the car more times than that. These OE pads are great, but I'm spoiled by the Akebono and Hawk Ceramic pads on my M5, 330ci ZHP and X5. Zero dust and no squeal.

Here is my question. I see that Hawk has a front Ceramic pad solution from the F10 M5 that is a direct fit, but nothing that I can find for the rear application. I was told that the front pads on the OG M2 fit the rear of the M2C, but my research tells me no. So, I found that Pagid offers a rear performance pad, which I have attached. Looking at the dimensions, it is VERY similar to the Hawk HB193 footprint. (131.5mm x 68mm) vs (132mm x 67mm). Does anyone have a set of rear M2C track pads or extra OE pads they could access to verify the dimensions before I order the Hawk Ceramic pads? Perhaps a long shot, but figured I would ask. I think these Hawk HB193's will fit the rear and they are available in Ceramic, but Hawk doesn't list them as fitting.

Thanks in advance for anyone able to help.
Appreciate 1
MrOhnoez554.50
      12-09-2020, 08:22 AM   #2
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

it is very hard to beat the Centric Posi Semi-Metallic pads as far as dust. been using these for ages in an assortment of cars. i only use these pads for the street in combination with ceramic coating the wheels. Zeckhausen sells them for both front and rear fitment. if you are not familiar with Centric, they are the company that makes lots of OE brake parts as well as own StopTech.

https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/i...th=3_7079_8092
Appreciate 1
StephGOD218.50