BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Michelin pilot sport 4s

11-22-2020, 02:15 PM   #45
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Interesting thread, and an interesting perspective here. So many here are saying that the PS4S are the successor to the PSS for street driving. Are you suggesting the PSS have stiffer side walls giving better handling but slightly less comfort?
I have both tires (on separate cars) and can confirm that the PSS sidewalls are stiffer which results in a more jarring ride over road joints. They are also louder tires. The PS4S are more compliant over road joints and not jarring, they don't jolt you like the PSS. They are also not as loud and better in the wet as they don't hydroplane as quick as the PSS. The PSS however do "feel" more responsive and reassuring on turn in. So what does that mean? Well in my experience something can feel better, but when tested is not. My recommendation is to check out tire review comparisons of both and decide for yourself. That said, if my car was track focused I'd stick with the PSS since BMW worked with Michelin to dial those tires in for the M2. If however my car was a daily then I'd go with the PS4S since it offers better comfort and handling in the wet while sacrificing little otherwise.
Appreciate 1
BigKutta3896.50
      11-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #46
arkow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2019 M2 Comp

thank you for everyone's input, j feel I made the right decision getting the PS4S
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8716.00
      11-23-2020, 08:55 AM   #47
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4501 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavyyyy View Post
I went one step wider in front and rear and switched to PS4S, I like them better. Hold traction better, less road noise.

A bit uglier though, very boxy looking tires.
so 255 front/275 rear then? That's my plan when my PS2's wear out.
Yup, no issues
Appreciate 0