BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Which NGK Spark Plug and Gap for Stock Engine?

11-14-2020, 02:25 PM   #1
TheJellyo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

Which NGK Spark Plug and Gap for Stock Engine?

Hi all,

Looking to change the spark plugs soon as I am nearing 50k kms. I've always used NGK and am looking to continue using NGK plugs, however the OEMs seem like Bosch.

Which NGK plug model and gap/torque should you use on a full stock engine? I tried searching around in here but every result is for tuned engines, which I have no plan on doing.

Any help is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 03:33 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

I recommend the stock bosch plugs with stock gap (it should already be pregapped so no need to touch it). Also make sure you run the new updated bosch plug number as the older version cracked. I recommend the bosch plugs because there is literally zero reasons to go to a colder plug unless your plugs read like they are running too hot.

If you must run the NGK plug get the 97506 at stock gap which is 0.028".

In terms of torque specs I can't link you to the newtis guide anymore since BMW shut it down, so you will have to get ISTA.