BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

02-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #177
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
Which OBD device did you buy? The Vgate iCar2 Wifi device is one of the best.
That is what I bought. I bought it from the link on the first page from Amazon. The box says Vgate iCarII wifi

So basically what I want to know is if everyone installed the software for the Vgate onto their phone first, (then the in app purchase for bimmercode) and did they pay $9.99 to do it (for ios)? Or do you just plug the vgate in and use it with the bimmercode app. It looks like if you download the vgate app there is a bunch of diagnostic stuff you can do and that is what they charge you for.

Last edited by twin fed; 02-15-2017 at 01:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #178
vp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY18 430GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
Which OBD device did you buy? The Vgate iCar2 Wifi device is one of the best.
That is what I bought. I bought it from the link on the first page from Amazon. The box says Vgate iCarII wifi

So basically what I want to know is if everyone installed the software for the Vgate onto their phone first, (then the in app purchase for bimmercode) and did they pay $9.99 to do it (for ios)? Or do you just plug the vgate in and use it with the bimmercode app. It looks like if you download the vgate app there is a bunch of diagnostic stuff you can do and that is what they charge you for.
You just need the BimmerCode app.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #179
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp View Post
You just need the BimmerCode app.
correct. skip that. almost made this mistake ...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #180
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
correct. skip that. almost made this mistake ...
Thanks, I just got home and tried it. And it works no problem!!

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #181
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Does this app allow me to remove the key fob feature that rolls down the windows when the unlock button is held down? Don't want it accidentally rolling down the windows when I lean on a table.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #182
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Does this app allow me to remove the key fob feature that rolls down the windows when the unlock button is held down? Don't want it accidentally rolling down the windows when I lean on a table.
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #183
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X2 M35i, X6,328i,230i

Garage List
Quote:
I didn't even know this feature existed!! What's the purpose of this? I can think of reasons why I would want to roll the windows up with the FOB (you left your windows down and it's starting to rain) but I can't think of any reasons why you'd want to to roll them down with the FOB.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #184
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
I can't think of any reasons why you'd want to to roll them down with the FOB.
Ever come back to your car after it's been sitting in the sun on a hot day? Rolling down the windows remotely is an easy way to quickly cool down the interior before you sit in it.

The ability to roll up the windows remotely has been disabled in North America for liability reasons. Wouldn't want to accidentally pinch an animal or a human, leading to a lawsuit against BMW North America.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #185
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X2 M35i, X6,328i,230i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
Ever come back to your car after it's been sitting in the sun on a hot day? Rolling down the windows remotely is an easy way to quickly cool down the interior before you sit in it.

The ability to roll up the windows remotely has been disabled in North America for liability reasons. Wouldn't want to accidentally pinch an animal or a human, leading to a lawsuit against BMW North America.
I thought of that after I posted. Not sure how much cooling down it can do by a the time you're in range to roll them down but I guess it's nice to be able to do it. I assume we can code the ability to roll them up back on? Where is the abilitiy to code the ability to roll up or down in the app? I couldn't find it but I'm just in demo mode.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 06:59 PM   #186
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post

I thought of that after I posted. Not sure how much cooling down it can do by a the time you're in range to roll them down but I guess it's nice to be able to do it. I assume we can code the ability to roll them up back on? Where is the abilitiy to code the ability to roll up or down in the app? I couldn't find it but I'm just in demo mode.
It's not there. Maybe in expert mode.

The rolling windows up remotely feature would def come in handy. Too many times I've left my windows down a bit so as not to overheat inside, only to look out my office window as a pop up thunderstorm/downpour fills my car up
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 07:47 PM   #187
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

Does anyone know where I should look to try and code the vehicle to unlock at ignition off? I thought I saw a post about that but can't seem to find it. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 11:03 PM   #188
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:

The rolling windows up remotely feature would def come in handy. Too many times I've left my windows down a bit so as not to overheat inside, only to look out my office window as a pop up thunderstorm/downpour fills my car up

I also can't find the option to turn off rolling down windows when unlock button on key fob is held down. Does anyone know where this option is in the Bimmercode app?

Also will messing with any of these settings void any part of the warranty? Forgive my ignorance here...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 06:28 AM   #189
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
Does anyone know where I should look to try and code the vehicle to unlock at ignition off? I thought I saw a post about that but can't seem to find it. Thanks
IN FEM MODULE, expert mode:

Looks like this would be it. Description reads-

FEM_BODY
CLM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK
aktiv
nicht_aktiv
If Auto-Lock is enabled, then all doors will unlock at ignition shutoff.

*pls note that I have not tried this myself.
Appreciate 1
M2OG399.00
      02-19-2017, 06:32 AM   #190
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I also can't find the option to turn off rolling down windows when unlock button on key fob is held down. Does anyone know where this option is in the Bimmercode app?

Also will messing with any of these settings void any part of the warranty? Forgive my ignorance here...
Again, have not done this myself-

In FEM module, expert mode:

FEM_BODY
KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB
aktiv
nicht aktiv
Open Windows/Fold Mirrors when holding Unlock on Key Fob.

Warranty is fine. These are options that are already preprogrammed into the car. You are simply activating/deactivating them.
Where you would run into problems is if you screwed something up ie your coding session is interrupted, car is disabled and you can't restore it yourself. This app is pretty fool proof in that it automatically generates backups but it's no guarantee I guess. I know with the guys coding via E-Sys, you can potentially really mess things up if you hit that dreaded 'code default values' button ...could brick your system I believe.
Appreciate 2
akkando5860.00
      02-19-2017, 02:52 PM   #191
chazmink
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
IN FEM MODULE, expert mode:

Looks like this would be it. Description reads-

FEM_BODY
CLM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK
aktiv
nicht_aktiv
If Auto-Lock is enabled, then all doors will unlock at ignition shutoff.

*pls note that I have not tried this myself.
That's it. I addressed that earlier in the thread. It's the main reason I got this app. Carly cannot do that. Just drill down in the expert FEM mode. Good luck.

2013 328i MSport Estoril Blue, 6spd MT, Premium, Tech & Drivers Assist +, Bavsound Stage One/Ghost, Bimmertech Amp
Appreciate 1
M2OG399.00
      02-19-2017, 06:28 PM   #192
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

Thanks guys! It worked as expected
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #193
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Again, have not done this myself-

In FEM module, expert mode:

FEM_BODY
KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB
aktiv
nicht aktiv
Open Windows/Fold Mirrors when holding Unlock on Key Fob.
Worked, thank you! No more risk of accidental rain in the car!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 05:21 PM   #194
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep

So I cant figure out what I changed, but how do I STOP the windows from cracking when I unlock the car? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 06:45 PM   #195
Ceeto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Lightweight

Quote:
So I cant figure out what I changed, but how do I STOP the windows from cracking when I unlock the car? I can't figure it out. Thanks.
Windows are supposed to crack open slightly when opening the doors. And then they roll back up when doors close. that's how BMW makes sure the windows seal properly. It has been like that for many, many years now.
Now if they crack open while unlocking that's different...never seen that before
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 06:51 PM   #196
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Yup. Last car was this way too.
It's because the door is frameless.

Like ceeto said, it's to create a proper seal. In order to get that proper seal, the window needs to be cradled by the foam seal on BOTH sides. So it has to come down before the door closes so that it could go back up and be seated properly into the foam seal.
I wondered the same thing with my last car
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 07:16 PM   #197
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep

Quote:

Like ceeto said, it's to create a proper seal. In order to get that proper seal, the window needs to be cradled by the foam seal on BOTH sides. So it has to come down before the door closes so that it could go back up and be seated properly into the foam seal.

No, that I know, this is not my first BMW. this started today for the first time after coding. Just so you know I have done some coding with this app a few days ago and this was not an issue. when I hit the unlock button on the remote the windows, (both driver and passenger side) drop a 1/4 inch, before I ever touch the door handle. then when I touch the handle to open the door it drops to the normal level set from the factory. then when I close the door it raises a little and stops a 1/4 inch from closing all the way and then I have to close both driver and passenger windows with the window switch once the car is running. Something happened with the coding. If the car is locked and I just grab the exterior handle it operates like it should. Also if the windows are all the way down and I lock the car with the remote while the engine off the window go up about a 1/2 inch and stop, which never happened before today either. I even tried restoring it from a previous backup from the other day and it did not change any of the settings. even the ones I did today

Last edited by twin fed; 02-23-2017 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 09:19 PM   #198
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

No, that I know, this is not my first BMW. this started today for the first time after coding. Just so you know I have done some coding with this app a few days ago and this was not an issue. when I hit the unlock button on the remote the windows, (both driver and passenger side) drop a 1/4 inch, before I ever touch the door handle. then when I touch the handle to open the door it drops to the normal level set from the factory. then when I close the door it raises a little and stops a 1/4 inch from closing all the way and then I have to close both driver and passenger windows with the window switch once the car is running. Something happened with the coding. If the car is locked and I just grab the exterior handle it operates like it should. Also if the windows are all the way down and I lock the car with the remote while the engine off the window go up about a 1/2 inch and stop, which never happened before today either. I even tried restoring it from a previous backup from the other day and it did not change any of the settings. even the ones I did today
When u press the fob, You're not by chance holding the button down to long or pushing the button more than once in rapid succession are you?
Appreciate 0