BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > As I wait... M2C Tips and Tricks!

06-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #45
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I coded the rear view camera to allow it to activate at any speed or distance, so when I'm driving and some mouth-breather starts dangerously tailgating me; I switch the camera on..

I have a keen understanding on how the mind of a moron works, sort of like a feral animal; obvious self-preservation kicks in much quicker than logical reasoning, so the second they see the image of their vehicle on the iDrive screen, they assume they're being "recorded," and consequently fall back and stop tailgating.
Lmao! Idk if I'd see myself in your iDrive view but that's pretty hilarious
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 04:47 PM   #46
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsnazos View Post
Quote:
I coded the rear view camera to allow it to activate at any speed or distance, so when I'm driving and some mouth-breather starts dangerously tailgating me; I switch the camera on..

I have a keen understanding on how the mind of a moron works, sort of like a feral animal; obvious self-preservation kicks in much quicker than logical reasoning, so the second they see the image of their vehicle on the iDrive screen, they assume they're being "recorded," and consequently fall back and stop tailgating.
Lmao! Idk if I'd see myself in your iDrive view but that's pretty hilarious
You could, the iDrive screen is dead center; my friends following me can see the name of what song I'm playing and beside, I personally tested the theory.

I actually caught on to this phenomenon by accident; I would notice people would stop tailgating me after awhile of persistent following. Then it dawn on me they think they are being recorded.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 08:06 PM   #47
RichardInVenice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Coding changes and other tips?

Just picked up my 2020 a few days ago, there’s a few obvious annoyances that it seems I can fix by coding, what’s the list of changes everyone thinks is worth doing?

For me I’m hoping I can update it to:

Folding mirrors when locking the car.
Radio off when opening the door.
CarPlay to full screen (seems I have to pay someone but worth it)

Other than that I would have to try the engine sound change to see if I prefer it or not. What else though is a nice fix?

One tiny flaw is the reach needed for the seat belt, any solutions for that?

The only other flaw I find is the lack of a handle in the middle of the door where you push to open it, the stock handle is too close to he door hinge there needs to be an extra handle or something you can grab in the middle of the door.

Last edited by RichardInVenice; 06-15-2019 at 09:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 11:35 PM   #48
M2C89
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stulio2181 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by COChris View Post
Never disconnect the battery and then close the trunk
Quote:
Made that mistake on my m235. Won't do that again!
So how do you open it if you accidentally close it?
If you accidentally close the trunk or your vehicle's battery is completely dead; use the metal key blade within the fob to "manually" open the door locks.

Pop the hood, connect a jumper pack with at least 500 CCA to the vehicle's power bridge and you can use the side of the fender for the ground clamp of the jumper pack.

With power now flowing directly to the vehicle, you can now start the vehicle to recharge the battery or open the trunk.
So there's literally no trunk button in the interior? So dumb lol
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 11:43 PM   #49
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you accidentally close the trunk or your vehicle's battery is completely dead; use the metal key blade within the fob to "manually" open the door locks.

Pop the hood, connect a jumper pack with at least 500 CCA to the vehicle's power bridge and you can use the side of the fender for the ground clamp of the jumper pack.

With power now flowing directly to the vehicle, you can now start the vehicle to recharge the battery or open the trunk.
Yea, It's been like that since the "E" series generation.

It's not as bad as it sounds, if you're resourceful and remember the steps to access and power the vehicle, you'll be fine.

I also have a CTEK battery charger and with a outlet in my garage, a dead battery or getting locked out of the vehicle or trunk is the least of my problems.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2016/01/28/b...ttery-charger/
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Tag18125.00
      06-16-2019, 01:37 AM   #50
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Yea, It's been like that since the "E" series generation.

It's not as bad as it sounds, if you're resourceful and remember the steps to access and power the vehicle, you'll be fine.

I also have a CTEK battery charger and with a outlet in my garage, a dead battery or getting locked out of the vehicle or trunk is the least of my problems.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2016/01/28/b...ttery-charger/
Have had a CTEK battery charger for years (not the BMW rebranded one) and absolutely love it. Fully charge cars battery once a month to keep it healthy.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00
      06-16-2019, 01:48 AM   #51
Poochie
United_States
Rep

The instruction manual within the iDrive has some cool videos.. So you don't have to read..
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
natmad667.00
      06-16-2019, 06:13 AM   #52
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:

Haha thats pretty cool. I’ve never looked while following another M2, but is the screen clearly visible from the car behind?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #53
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There is a trunk button in the car.... but if the power is dead, the trunk won't open because the button is electric. If you meant a manual release like in cheap cars, no there isn't.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 10:59 AM   #54
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

This, sir, is genius. I will definitely look into this, as tailgating is an epidemic here in the NY metro area.
Poochie9103.00
      06-16-2019, 11:22 AM   #55
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

There is no manual release for the trunk so that you can secure your belongings. If someone breaks your window they won't be able to open the trunk.

Tip: You can further secure your trunk from being opened via the button or with the remote by flipping the lock switch located inside the glovebox, then use the physical key to lock the glovebox.
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
el_june19.50
natmad667.00
BlkSVT388.50
Poochie9103.00
wjones14649.00
      06-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #56
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
There is no manual release for the trunk so that you can secure your belongings. If someone breaks your window they won't be able to open the trunk.

Tip: You can further secure your trunk from being opened via the button or with the remote by flipping the lock switch located inside the glovebox, then use the physical key to lock the glovebox.
Than you, good post!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #57
aerokubectl
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardInVenice View Post
Just picked up my 2020 a few days ago, there’s a few obvious annoyances that it seems I can fix by coding, what’s the list of changes everyone thinks is worth doing?

For me I’m hoping I can update it to:

Folding mirrors when locking the car.
Radio off when opening the door.
CarPlay to full screen (seems I have to pay someone but worth it)

Other than that I would have to try the engine sound change to see if I prefer it or not. What else though is a nice fix?

The only other flaw I find is the lack of a handle in the middle of the door where you push to open it, the stock handle is too close to he door hinge there needs to be an extra handle or something you can grab in the middle of the door.
Idk I feel like closing the mirrors on lock sucks. I'm probably going to turn that off, I've had it coded on for the past 8 months...

The radio off thing was annoying too but I forget if that one had a trade off when I was coding and didn't turn it on.

Seatbelt reach is real, but you kind of get used to it
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 03:54 PM   #58
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
can anyone confirm that on the USDM version of the car, if you opt for the wireless charger, the USB ports serve as rapid chargers?

Someone said that above, and that would be the shit.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 04:08 PM   #59
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:

Ahaha I coded on my rear foglights just for tailgaters
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00
      06-16-2019, 05:17 PM   #60
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
Quote:

Ahaha I coded on my rear foglights just for tailgaters
I beat you to that, I coded the rear fog light switch to turn on my reverse lights.

So when someone rides my ass, I wait until they get really close, hit the reverse light and scare the shit out of them.

I keep that one in my arsenal for that really special kind of asshole and don't use it too often 'cause I almost made some degenerate run off the road recently. Oh well..
Appreciate 1
///M Houbi1653.00
      06-16-2019, 05:38 PM   #61
JL1002
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardInVenice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsnazos View Post
Seatbelt reach is real, but you kind of get used to it
I don't have my M2C yet, but this is a common complaint for the F22. It's easier (in my M235, at least) to reach down and back with my left hand opposed to over my shoulder/across my body with my right.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 05:49 PM   #62
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
can anyone confirm that on the USDM version of the car, if you opt for the wireless charger, the USB ports serve as rapid chargers?

Someone said that above, and that would be the shit.
Yes, "Wireless Charging" gets two 3.0 USB high-speed outlets.

Standard is one is a 2.0 USB, which is capped at .5A.

Verified it through the coding parameters.

I would like some USC-C outlets but I saw that's standard on the M340i, so I guess I have to wait until the next generation.
Appreciate 1
natmad667.00
      06-16-2019, 07:05 PM   #63
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Tip:
MDM - M Dynamic Mode is limited traction control. I would note for the beginner that it is very limited traction control. You can almost do a burnout with it on. The car will get very sideways before traction control intervenes. I often drive with it on and I like it. However, a beginner could easily lose control. I find it's too limited, however it's the only sport mode the car has for traction control.
Appreciate 1
natmad667.00
      06-17-2019, 12:20 AM   #64
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post

Nice, you could hide a body in there and know it's secure..

hypothetically speaking, of course
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 03:09 AM   #65
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
I beat you to that, I coded the rear fog light switch to turn on my reverse lights.

So when someone rides my ass, I wait until they get really close, hit the reverse light and scare the shit out of them.

I keep that one in my arsenal for that really special kind of asshole and don't use it too often 'cause I almost made some degenerate run off the road recently. Oh well..
Are you serious??
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00
      06-23-2019, 10:53 AM   #66
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
Quote:

Are you serious??
I sure did, the mapping was already there, I just had to do some trial and error to figure out the correct values.

I wish I could of code in some laser beams and a machine gun with a bandolier, to deter tailgaters but my reverse light scare has been working, thus far.

Just last night, someone on a 4 lane highway decided to tail just me, so kept randomly flicking on the reverse light and I got them retreat.

I really think it's the pretty design and sound attracts people to the vehicle and not so much hate.

I like staring at interesting vehicles also but I respect the driver and admire from a far, not try to get up in his ass, like a colonoscopy. People need to learn boundaries and not try to "Me too" other folks' property, on the expressway.
Appreciate 1
samsamdar580.00