BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Man I love the OG

02-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #23
.2pdk
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoobs View Post
I'm very new here (literally picked up the car Friday!! ), but my plan is to go fabspeed sport cat downpipe first. See how the volume of the exhaust is with fabspeed sport cat + stock exhaust. If I'm looking for more, then I'll spring for the mpe as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranck View Post
Will be very loud.
I think this is what I'll try first.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #24
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
I have the LCI 2018 in Alpine White and I hope that the M2C guys don't read this thread because imho, the OG is the better looking/sounding car.

And I *know* that this has been beaten to death. At 1st, I thought there was jealousy involved but not after I saw 1st hand the M2C.

I saw the M2C for the 1st time at the dealer last week and I can tell you w/o any B/S whatsoever - If I had the choice - same $ - I would go OG. (no, I did not drive it so there *is* a caveat but, I did hear it)

There *are* two things that I do like better in the M2C and that's the mirrors and seats.

But, these are the things that I *dislike* on the M2C:

The slates in the front grill bottom.
The Kia-looking meshed look of the kidneys
The Sound - God-Awful.
The Bulging muffler in the back - God-Awful.
The wheels - God-Awful.

And maybe most of all and a salesperson pointed this out to me - the bulging of the fenders are almost gone on the M2C!

I *love* the bulging fenders of the OG.

Fwiw, I showed Mrs. tranck the 2 cars and she preferred the OG as well and she doesn't give a rat's a$$ about cars - her words: "They tried too hard or something on that car." (the M2C)

Again apologies to any M2C owners as I'm sure you love you car - certainly hope that you do - just my opinion only and didn't mean to offend anyone here.
I don't believe the fender bulges are different. Never heard anyone notice that before, and I have not noticed.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 12:14 PM   #25
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
I have the LCI 2018 in Alpine White and I hope that the M2C guys don't read this thread because imho, the OG is the better looking/sounding car.

And I *know* that this has been beaten to death. At 1st, I thought there was jealousy involved but not after I saw 1st hand the M2C.

I saw the M2C for the 1st time at the dealer last week and I can tell you w/o any B/S whatsoever - If I had the choice - same $ - I would go OG. (no, I did not drive it so there *is* a caveat but, I did hear it)

There *are* two things that I do like better in the M2C and that's the mirrors and seats.

But, these are the things that I *dislike* on the M2C:

The slates in the front grill bottom.
The Kia-looking meshed look of the kidneys
The Sound - God-Awful.
The Bulging muffler in the back - God-Awful.
The wheels - God-Awful.

And maybe most of all and a salesperson pointed this out to me - the bulging of the fenders are almost gone on the M2C!

Fwiw, I showed Mrs. tranck the 2 cars and she preferred the OG as well and she doesn't give a rat's a$$ about cars - her words: "They tried too hard or something on that car." (the M2C)

Again apologies to any M2C owners as I'm sure you love you car - certainly hope that you do - just my opinion only and didn't mean to offend anyone here.
I don't believe the fender bulges are different. Never heard anyone notice that before, and I have not noticed.
Agree, have never read that before. Highly doubt they changed at all. This forum would be blowing up big time had they changed imo.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #26
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
Get MPE first
I'm quite the noob when it comes to mods, I have been told to get the fabspeed sport cat downpipe as the first thing.

What do you think?
Def a sport cat first. Doesn't have to be a fabspeed btw but that one guarantees no nuisance cel.
At a fraction of the cost, coupled with the already great sounding stock exhaust, you may very well be 100% satisfied with your 'noise' quantity and quality vs MPE. Use the $ u saved from not buying a MPE to buy other performance or cosmetic goodies.
Don't forget the other big advantage of a sport cat...a modest performance bump. You get zero gains from the MPE alone.
As far as how loud a cat will be...I have a fabspeed but have not installed yet but from what I've read, it's not much louder than stock at modest rpm's but becomes quite noticeable when you begin to push the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 01:21 PM   #27
.2pdk
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
Def a sport cat first. Doesn't have to be a fabspeed btw but that one guarantees no nuisance cel.
At a fraction of the cost, coupled with the already great sounding stock exhaust, you may very well be 100% satisfied with your 'noise' quantity and quality vs MPE. Use the $ u saved from not buying a MPE to buy other performance or cosmetic goodies.
Don't forget the other big advantage of a sport cat...a modest performance bump. You get zero gains from the MPE alone.
As far as how loud a cat will be...I have a fabspeed but have not installed yet but from what I've read, it's not much louder than stock at modest rpm's but becomes quite noticeable when you begin to push the car.
Sounds good.

Pardon the pun...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 02:42 PM   #28
tranck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpine White BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
The salesman showed me and told me to look at the difference - the bulge in the fenders was definitely less in the M2C.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 03:20 PM   #29
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Quote:
The salesman showed me and told me to look at the difference - the bulge in the fenders was definitely less in the M2C.
The front fenders? I don't understand how this is possible.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #30
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
What color is was the M2C you looked at? I noticed that on the HK silver models, the fenders look less pronounced. I assume that was do to the color.

I don't think they're technically different, but not sure.
Appreciate 1
tranck499.00
      02-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #31
petay135
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 LCI

Side profile is identical
Appreciate 1
ChrisK4449.00
      02-17-2019, 04:29 PM   #32
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Some of these salespeople are ridiculous.
Appreciate 5
TripleU167.50
ChrisK4449.00
Robin_NL8679.50
ZPrime610.50
Altra265.50
      02-17-2019, 04:35 PM   #33
tranck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpine White BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
What color is was the M2C you looked at? I noticed that on the HK silver models, the fenders look less pronounced. I assume that was do to the color.

I don't think they're technically different, but not sure.
It *was* that HK silver that I saw. I'm glad you noticed as well. I have never seen another color in the M2C but, there's a noticeable difference.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 04:39 PM   #34
RN_2021
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
I'm quite the noob when it comes to mods, I have been told to get the fabspeed sport cat downpipe as the first thing.

What do you think?
As others have said, get the downpipes first. I got the fabspeed sport cat first before an MPE. I think the sound was perfect with the sport cat. Not too loud at lower RPMs, but a slight bump over stock. You can also begin to hear the turbo spool up while accelerating which was a plus for me. A warning though, if you get the MPE and have the fabspeed sport cat, be prepared for some heavy droning and a very loud cold start. If you can live with those things though, MPE + fabspeed sport cat set-up is an amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoobs View Post
I'm very new here (literally picked up the car Friday!! ), but my plan is to go fabspeed sport cat downpipe first. See how the volume of the exhaust is with fabspeed sport cat + stock exhaust. If I'm looking for more, then I'll spring for the mpe as well.
Like I posted above, beware of drone in fabspeed sport cat + MPE set up. Other than that, I love the set-up
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 05:12 PM   #35
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

Quote:

. . .

Are you positive the fender bulge is gone on the M2C? I *love* the huge M2 fenders. They look the same on this M2C as they do on the OG M2:

Last edited by G8rGrl; 02-17-2019 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 05:42 PM   #36
MR_M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT, 2022 X7 M50i

Garage List
BMW M2  [0.00]
BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
My salesman told me my car has a V12. I love the OG.
<thread jacked>
Appreciate 2
akkando5860.00
Robin_NL8679.50
      02-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #37
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Quote:
Quote:
He's an ass. There is absolutely no difference.
Appreciate 2
Robin_NL8679.50
TripleU167.50
      02-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #38
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Having owned both cars, there is zero difference between the fenders on the M2 and the M2C.

The rumors make me sad.
MDuckie93.00
G8rGrl568.50
Robin_NL8679.50
Dblaz43.50
      02-17-2019, 06:22 PM   #39
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Having owned both cars, there is zero difference between the fenders on the M2 and the M2C.

The rumors make me sad.
I agree. The body is 100% the same as an LCI M2.
Appreciate 3
MDuckie93.00
G8rGrl568.50
      02-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #40
Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

Quote:
Quote:
Well if the salesman showed you, it must be true.

Honestly man, it's the same parts on both cars. I was with you on your original post until I came across the line about fender flare.
Appreciate 2
Robin_NL8679.50
tranck499.00
      02-17-2019, 11:51 PM   #41
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

Quote:
Don't write off the Fabspeed muffler bypass exhaust either...I have both the downpipe and the bypass exhaust and bought and had it installed for less than the MPE would cost to buy and install. The only downside is there are no flaps, but the growl does change from comfort to sport to sport + because of the change in mapping. This is my car with the setup...

Appreciate 1
Dabozo624.50
      02-18-2019, 02:53 AM   #42
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
Well if the salesman showed you, it must be true.

Honestly man, it's the same parts on both cars. I was with you on your original post until I came across the line about fender flare.
to be fair to the OP from some angles, particularly in some photos of the M2C, the rear fenders can give the illusion of less bulge. I think the illusion is mainly caused by the comparatively flat (compared to 437M) new wheels.

And I would go the sportcat as 1st mod. I have the Fabspeed (& pulled fuse to keep flap open) and really wouldn't want it any louder
Appreciate 2
tranck499.00
Fedorov160.50
      02-18-2019, 07:38 AM   #43
.2pdk
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
to be fair to the OP from some angles, particularly in some photos of the M2C, the rear fenders can give the illusion of less bulge. I think the illusion is mainly caused by the comparatively flat (compared to 437M) new wheels.

And I would go the sportcat as 1st mod. I have the Fabspeed (& pulled fuse to keep flap open) and really wouldn't want it any louder
I will be doing the sportcat first and take it from there.

And you're correct, when we saw the 2018 LCI next to the 2019 HS M2C my wife asked why the flares didn't stick out as much and the SA there said the exact same thing, it was an illusion as they were identical body parts.
Appreciate 1
tranck499.00
      02-18-2019, 09:10 AM   #44
ramy_who
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB, 1989 325is

Quote:
Some of these salespeople are ridiculous.
Agreed. A lot of them have the habit of making ridiculous unsubstantiated claims.
Appreciate 1
ChrisK4449.00