BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Steering wheel thinner in M2C?

02-20-2019, 03:53 PM   #67
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Yes, like I told you, I ordered it from my dealer using a VIN number of an M2 they had sitting 5 feet away from me. Another from an eBay OEM dealer, and then finally from BMW GetParts. All came plain black leather, confirming that it no longer comes with the stitching.

BMW changed the design and kept the same exact part number. If I was unsure, I wouldn't of started this as fact.

Feel free to prove me wrong..
Not needing to prove you wrong.I was just saying that i was able to get it.Maybe BMW Canada is able to get different BMW parts from Germany than the US.All the best.
I did ended up purchasing it from someone in Canada. When it arrived, the package had same part number as the US and ROW but it did indeed have the blue stitching.

I just assumed it was an old batch they had in storage somewhere before the change when into effect.

However, I can assure you if you order it from any BMW dealer in North America today, it doesn't come with the contrasting stitching. Go figure :

Part number: 51168065460
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #68
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

I'm probably in the minority...not a fan of the M2C steering wheel. IMO it feels like leather wrapped around a circular piece of plywood which is the opposite of comfortable. I have no plans to spend money on getting an aftermarket, having the OEM wheel redone, or putting a crappy cover over it so I'm just dealing with it. It's one of three main reasons why I don't drive this car much.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 05:06 PM   #69
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aWanderlustSeoul View Post
I'm probably in the minority...not a fan of the M2C steering wheel. IMO it feels like leather wrapped around a circular piece of plywood which is the opposite of comfortable. I have no plans to spend money on getting an aftermarket, having the OEM wheel redone, or putting a crappy cover over it so I'm just dealing with it. It's one of three main reasons why I don't drive this car much.
What are the other two?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 05:44 PM   #70
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
What are the other two?
Haha well I was planning to write up my experience (pros/cons) in a new thread once I get past the first oil change but it probably won't be for a while. I got the car delivered on Jan 9, 2019 and I have a whopping 300 miles on the car so far.

The other 2 main reasons...

Second: I hate driving and getting stuck in LA traffic so unless the weather is crappy or I need a car for some errands to carry stuff (e.g. groceries, etc.) I prefer to ride my motorcycle and bypass most of the traffic lane splitting.

Third: IMO the suspension is a bit better than my friend's OG M2 but I'm still not a fan. Before I bought the car, I knew it would be stiff and not have adaptive suspension but I also thought I could deal with it. For me, it's just not comfortable as a daily and I know opinions vary and it's all subjective.

If I knew then what I know now, I would likely have bought a different car.
Appreciate 2
chris7197334.00
cptobvious2531.50
      02-21-2019, 08:43 AM   #71
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Haha well I was planning to write up my experience (pros/cons) in a new thread once I get past the first oil change but it probably won't be for a while. I got the car delivered on Jan 9, 2019 and I have a whopping 300 miles on the car so far.

The other 2 main reasons...

Second: I hate driving and getting stuck in LA traffic so unless the weather is crappy or I need a car for some errands to carry stuff (e.g. groceries, etc.) I prefer to ride my motorcycle and bypass most of the traffic lane splitting.

Third: IMO the suspension is a bit better than my friend's OG M2 but I'm still not a fan. Before I bought the car, I knew it would be stiff and not have adaptive suspension but I also thought I could deal with it. For me, it's just not comfortable as a daily and I know opinions vary and it's all subjective.

If I knew then what I know now, I would likely have bought a different car.
Wait until you see how often you need to go to the gas station.

Try my stereo mod and you'll be impressed with how good the stereo will sound. It will make the time in traffic more tolerable.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #72
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Quote:

Does the M2C really guzzle gas as you're implying or are you referring to the smallish gas tank capacity?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 03:32 PM   #73
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post

Try my stereo mod and you'll be impressed with how good the stereo will sound. It will make the time in traffic more tolerable.
Haha yes I have seen some of the threads related to the small gas tank and horrible gas mileage.

When my car was delivered, the dealer had filled it up. Obviously I haven't driven the car much. I filled it up once last month and filled it up a couple of days ago. I agree the mpg is ridiculously bad. I thought I could at least get 15-17 mpg but that's not happening but it's also probably due to the fact that when I do end up driving it, it's in stop and go traffic.

I really don't want to put much money into this car since I'm not sure how long I will keep it. I have seen your threads on the speaker upgrades and it may be something I am open to doing since the Harman Kardon is one of the worst car stereo systems I have ever had the pleasure to listen to. Maybe someone can enlighten me on why BMW has used this audio vendor for such a long time and used in many different BMW models. I do not consider Harman Kardon high end audio.

BTW do you think it's still worth the stereo upgrade if I just want to replace the front speakers ands not replace the subwoofers or rear speakers? I also do not plan on replacing the amp at this point.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 10:28 PM   #74
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Does the M2C really guzzle gas as you're implying or are you referring to the smallish gas tank capacity?
Kind of both. I basically only drive city so I get around 12-14 mpg. It’s similar to my old m235i. I pretty much know the entire gas station staff and their individual schedules at this point.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      02-23-2019, 12:39 PM   #75
grinch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330d

Yes, it is definitely thicker OG M2 than M2C. My friend has measured both steering wheel, has three steering wheels at home.

OGM2 32mm
M2C 31mm
M4GTS 35mm

Last edited by grinch; 02-23-2019 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 3
      02-23-2019, 01:51 PM   #76
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Quote:
Kind of both. I basically only drive city so I get around 12-14 mpg. It's similar to my old m235i. I pretty much know the entire gas station staff and their individual schedules at this point.
Thanks..

When I heard the S55 was coming with two high pressure fuel pumps, I knew then it's wasn't a motor that sips gas.. Just wanted to get an idea to the extent of its thirst, in real world driving..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 07:33 PM   #77
bmwstephen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 95' M3, 17' M2

if anyone with an M2C located in norcal would like to swap for slightly OG steering wheel. let me know.

I am looking for equivalent low mileage condition (mine is currently at 12k).
Appreciate 0